Reviews for The Syntax of Things
ikhny chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
God, I loved this. It was beautiful, and just..perfect. I'm writing this after seeing the nearly Leoben-less finale, so it's helping fight off the disappointment quite a bit. If only! :)
Sulphurya chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
Okay, I'm turning all stalker-ish here, but your Kara/Leoben fics are just too good!

"He shuffles the cards but the deck is not in his favor. He can not understand why.

Later he thinks it is because he also likes her.

He discovers, startled, that this may be an issue."

This part made me grin. I just love how startled he gets, how he hasn't realized until then, and that this may be an issue.

"He wants to tell her everything he has even seen, or heard, or thought because it might be lost in the abyss that is death."

Painfully beautiful. This one final life is all he has now. It must be a terrifying change for him...

"But he's not able to reply because she's kissing him. Insistent and fierce. When he tries to hold his hand behind her head she does not allow him but draws her own hands upon his shoulders, pulling him down.

“Stay alive,” she mutters and withdraws.

He catches her and kisses her again, crushes her against his chest.

She doesn't say she loves him.

In the end, it matters very little."

Break my heart, why don't you? This is a pure gem.

Pure. Gem!
aikakone chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
I'm catching up on season 3 by DVD and I just finished episode 4. That left me with an urge to read some Kara/Leoben fic, and I started with yours. I liked it, and can only find one technical fault (a missing comma after "well" in: 'the very essence that made her, well, her.'). Style-wise, I did something like this (definitions) in a Laura/Lee fic I wrote eons ago. I like how you've used it here, and the ee cummings quote was a good bonus.

Thanks for the good fic. )
lunar47 chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
agh, insanely good.
Sasusc chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
I love this. I love how you wrote this in Leoben's POV and how he's been trying to figure Kara out. And the ending is great. I love all of it.
impsy chapter 1 . 5/14/2008
That was so beautifully written. This is the first Kara/Leoben piece I've read, and you've set the bar very high for anything else about them. :) Thank you for sharing.
rose griffes chapter 1 . 5/14/2008
I loved this-his POV was just right.

Heh, I really find it endearing, how clueless he is in spite of all that he knows.
ninive chapter 1 . 5/14/2008
I really enjoyed this one. And it is so him - at least as I see him. Thank you so much for writing!