Reviews for Harry Potter A Smart Potter Year 1
noylj chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
You start off with the actual manipulative puppetmaster Dumbles, who cares no at all for Harry or Muggles, then you have him actually take care of the students when the troll appears. Then, to have the bastard actually have the humanity to get Black freed. One thing, who sent the rat? As written, I either missed something (didn't see Harry do anything) or it is a plot hole as big as JKR's many canon plotholes.

You also have Herms contact her parents about what happened? If Herms is out of school, won't she be obliviated or something to suppress her magic?

I trust this is chapter one of many more chapters. Good pace through the school year.
Eskaybe4 chapter 1 . 6/7/2008
Interesting start. I'm hoping you write more!
freohr chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
Hey this is a really good fic even if it is only a chapter long. Keep up the good work!
SinisterMeds chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
i love it...it is great...hope you update soon
Torange chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
I hope their will be a sequel on this?
Blue Eyes White Dragon 1988 chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
I've read both your story and your Author's profile. I'm extremely impressed with your intellect. You have ponited out things that are so obvious now in hindsight that I'm mentally kicking myself for not realizing sooner. There are alot of things that I agree with. Hermione ending up with Ron, let alone taking the prick back after abandoning her and Harry during a WAR, is as unrealistic as you can get. J.K must have been under alot of pressure to rashionalize that one. As far as your story goes I enjoyed it very much, the only critiscm I can offer you is to make it longer so I can read and enjoy more. But as you said in your profile you won't post uncompleted work, both a blessing and a curse. I look forward to Smart Potter Year 2.
ChasetheDreamer chapter 1 . 5/24/2008
wow. that had to be one of the best "first year" fics i've read in while. I hope i can find more like this.
Bad Wolf Jen chapter 1 . 5/24/2008
cool
major wallace chapter 1 . 5/23/2008
go on
lovewriter1213 chapter 1 . 5/22/2008
Awesome story! Please update!
jabarber69 chapter 1 . 5/22/2008
WoW, cool story!
FrequencyQueen chapter 1 . 5/22/2008
Great story! I like the Harry you've written, brains and talent, and no attitude other than self preservation. Did he get into Gryffindor because the Hat couldn't read him to sort him, so Dumbles told Hat to put him there? Harry seemed more of a Ravenclaw.
haphazard1 chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
Very interesting beginning. I always appreciate a Harry who actually uses his brains, and it is great to see Neville getting some respect and appreciation. I feel a bit sorry for Hermione, though, pulled out of Hogwarts. Maybe she can go to Beauxbatons and revisit during fourth year? Or Durmstrang...can't recall seeing a Durmstrang!Hermione before, might be fun. Probably impractical, though, given pureblood policies.

I am also curious about the end of year struggle with Quirrel, and what happened to the other teachers. Being able to see events from viewpoints other than Harry's is one of the fun parts of fanfic. At least this smarter Harry makes a much better observer than canon!clueless!manipulated!Harry.
Chi Vayne chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
'the lost Ravenclaw' indeed. I do wonder why Harry wasn't sorted there initially. I can't say I see his personality fitting in Gryffindor. Was it to allow him to pair up with Neville? Or was there a hidden purpose, such as Dumbledore asking the hat to put him there for Dumbledore's purposes?

Well, Ginny's in real trouble if year two is anything like canon. And I'll be interested to see if there is any follow up to Harry's reporting of what he found concerning Snape, but I don't expect anything to change. I certainly don't expect Dumbledore to do anything, but the other Heads of House really should.
albeva chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
at 6 already in 3rd grade?

overblown there. unlike your promise to have intelligent harry and patch up plot holes - this story is nothing but a waste of time and yet another mediocre try at rewriting the canon...

are you american?