Reviews for When a cold wind blows
lucacat4 chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
This is amazing. I love the imagery that you bring up-so creative, and really fascinating. I can see it in my mind's eye so clearly, it draws me in like few things do. Thank you!
Morgendammerung chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
Wow! Really good. I like the way you've described where he is. It's really fantastic!

Get it?

Fan

-tastic?

Yeah, I'm pretty funny.
JenBurch chapter 1 . 5/30/2008
Hm... you want feedback? Well, I'd love to give some feedback but to be honest I'm not quite sure what to say! This piece has really just blown my mind! I loved it but I'm not sure why, does that make sense? I mean, I know why but I cant really explain why and that's part of why I loved it so much! The fact that you can take something as unknown as hell and describe it so well, and to be so abstract with everything but still make sense and not lose the reader and...

Geez, I dont know, my friend, I just loved it! Keep going, I'm dying to see where this goes and what the It is. Dean's gonna get out, isn't he. And I cant wait to see how... what the hell (excuse the pun) is Sam up to?

Oh, by the way, yes I have had the baby now and no that is not why I'm so confused and rambling. That is purely because this piece has my brain running in overdrive and trying to catch its own tail. That's what happens :)

Great start!
PADavis chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
Fascinating, she says raising a single eyebrow. The imagery was totally unexpected, suitably other worldly, and the amorphous existance suitably disturbing. Ick. Your description of how Dean perceived what could only be Sam in that world was incredible - having no reference points to remember a human body - reminding me a little bit of Perelandra. Yikes. Wonderful.

Phoebe
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 5/20/2008
*is intrigued*
HAMUCHA chapter 1 . 5/17/2008
OMG!

Why Dean didn't just get in? WHY?

It was Sam wasn't it?

Wasn't it?

WASN'T IT?
jubilea chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
Great story! I want to know where he'll end up, so I hope you'll have a chapter two.
TraSan chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
You know I loved this story. The symbolism and metaphors alone are enough to put me in linguistic geek heaven. The twists of phrase that are uniquely Wysawyg and so delightful makes this story special and set it apart from many others out there.

It's a sad, bittersweet story with a pearl of hope at the end.

I definitely had to focus when I read this story (accursed llamas) but it was so worth it.

Thanks for writing!
Charlie Girl 79 chapter 1 . 5/14/2008
Amazing symbolism! loved the technicolor bubble scene, took a little bit before I got that one. loved the use of colors, arrivals white then turning grey and black. The flashes of memory pull the heart strings especially when I got that the IT was Sam. Loved it GREAT job!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 5/14/2008
Okay. This is what I think: I sure do hope there's a chapter two!

The imagery is great and there's just enough mystery to keep the reader enthralled. I want more!
Muffy Morrigan chapter 1 . 5/14/2008
While surfing around trying to brace myself for the finale, this caught my eye. I'm glad it did, delightfully atmospheric, it conjurs the best images of film noir. I'm left at the end, both pleased and disturbed and dying for a tiny bit, if even a sentence more. Fabulous job!

Five Impalas and on AC/DC tape!