Reviews for Monster: The Story of Tom Marvolo Riddle

*sobs*

POOR INKY
Jen103 chapter 11 . 10/29/2009
heyy

are you goin to continue this?

I hope so! Please continue, it is very good. I like his character and the story line.

x
Misplaced Levity chapter 11 . 10/7/2009
Great story so far, it's really interesting. I can't wait to see where you go with it, I hope you update soon!
iona-vln chapter 11 . 8/23/2009
Wow, I am REALLY enjoying your story so far! Tom's character is just so amazingly written here. I too am fascinated with his past, I always wondered what things were like at the orphanage, at the cave etc. so it's great to read about that. He's such an interesting character, and you write him very well. Keep up the good work and please update soon! :)
Queenie's Broken Heart chapter 11 . 7/23/2009
I can't wait to find out more about that girl. I liked the respect the snake and he share and the fact that he would defy the wishes of Slytherin was really in charcter. One person he didn't have to charm because he was dead. I've enjoyed reading this so much, it's absolutely brilliant. Definitely a favourite.
Queenie's Broken Heart chapter 10 . 7/23/2009
Really wonderful chapter, I thought it was quite funny in a lot of places. I like the fact he turned down Celia, and his wondering why he doesn't care about anyone. The aura idea was really interesting and the description of Tom's was fantastic and clever.
Queenie's Broken Heart chapter 9 . 7/23/2009
I like the way you said why all the different houses liked him. Also it was very interesting for it to be Dumbledore who gave him the diary. I liked that Riddle respected Cygnus and that he spoke his mind in class. He seems to have an open mind for now, at least. Once again, fantastically written and a well thought out, intricate plot.
Queenie's Broken Heart chapter 7 . 7/23/2009
This was really good, you managed to keep that old sorting hat scene fresh and interesting. I never thought about Voldemort being friends with Abraxas Malfoy, because Slughorn seemed to have known him, although it makes sense for Slughorn to have known him through the classroom. The way he made up things about his parents seems very in character. That comment the sorting hat had about Tom opening up his heart is very interesting, and I suppose I'll find out later what he meant. I think you're really good at characterization, all the new characters you introduce seem like they were always there.
Queenie's Broken Heart chapter 6 . 7/23/2009
Brian Percy? Interesting ... again, I loved it. The wizard in the bookshop was a really cool character. I had to think about the name of the other employee for a while after your hint, but now I'm very curious! It's strange to think that Voldemort was once a lover of books, possibly because I'm one myself O_o. I hated Ms Cope for telling a child something like that, that his mother never wanted him. I could kind of see why she did, but it still seems so despicable, to take something like that from a child. I'm glad he found out the truth later, at least. The line "He would never allow another so close to him. To his heart" was really sad.
Queenie's Broken Heart chapter 5 . 7/23/2009
Amazing chapter. Interesting dream, I'm curious about it. I loved the character that you created for Billy Stubbs, like the way his stories about orphans who became great and powerful captivated Tom and, considering Inky, I thought that it was strange for Tom to kill the rabbit. Your explanation was perfect. I'm guessing that yo-yo is the one that Dumbledore later discovers in the sixth book, that was really clever because it seems like that event should be one he had a trophy for. The comment about the "wannabe German" was interesting because Tom becomes a "wannabe pureblood" later. I thought that the way you wrote about Tom's "game" was brilliant and clever.
Queenie's Broken Heart chapter 4 . 7/23/2009
Oh, that must have been horrible for him. I didn't think that Tom was out of character; he had just witnessed the murder of his only friend. I thought that Tom's source for the name 'Nagini' coupled with the fact that Inky was so important to him reveals why he loves his future snake so much. It was somehow reassuring to see Tom only caring about his dead friend, than his own physical pain while he is burying her. It brings a new dimension to him that is selfless and heart breaking. Your description of what happened to Kenneth was very powerful, but I somehow feel sorrier for Tom. This was a fantastic chapter.
Queenie's Broken Heart chapter 3 . 7/23/2009
Oh, no! I was worried that Maynard might do something; killing (although I really hope not) Tom's snake, his only friend would certainly help explain the reason Tom became ho he became. The quote you put at the beginning was perfect for this chapter. You have already revealed his cunning nature and his charming ways. I really like the picture of Ms. Cope that you have painted, it gives her a lot of depth and I love that Tom is special to her. Wonderful chapter.
Queenie's Broken Heart chapter 2 . 7/23/2009
Oh, wow. Tom's relationship with Inky is really interesting. My favourite part of this chapter was the way you described his "innocent, joyous laugh" reminding us that he is, for now, an innocent child. I liked the way you added how all those toys had been given to him, that he was already making people do what he wanted. Again, it's fantastically written.
Queenie's Broken Heart chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
Wow, this was so powerful. I loved everything about it, it's incredibly well-written and you create the world of the orphanage so it feels real. I think you capture the emotion perfectly, and the writing is so descriptive; an truly excellent beginning.