Reviews for Self Esteem
valspe9462 chapter 28 . 7/30
Tgis is so so good! Will it continue?
BeAProtonandStayPositive chapter 1 . 6/12
Well, it's been a year and 2 days since you last updated on this site. Hoping everyday you'll return soon
Fleur Wanderer chapter 28 . 3/12
Ahhh noooooo. That's not how it should end! Another chapter please, end it properly with Maddie and Ardeth together!
zoeki chapter 27 . 11/1/2020
If someone wants to come fangirl abt these fics come talk to me stonequiet on tumblr
zoeki chapter 28 . 11/1/2020
Your writing style is amazing. I love Jonathan and Maddie's friendship.
In fact I love everything about this story. I love it.
I will definitely be re reading the series again sometime.
Starcrier chapter 28 . 10/19/2020
This story, and Tongue Tied, have been, and I cannot stress this enough, SO MUCH FUN to read! Your characterization of Ardeth is SPOT on, your mastery of the action/adventure storyline is absolutely stellar, and I cannot say enough about how much I enjoy Madeline. She's hilarious and human and brave and flawed and drunk and I just adore her. Your other OCs were stellar too; the menace of your villains all felt very real, and I wanted to give Nasira a big hug and then a massive sword so she could hack away at MY enemies. What a great ally for Madeline to have!

The plot of this was so well paced and so obviously carefully thought out, and even when the last story followed the movie (which I honestly don't mind at all) the unique scenes that you created, like the sewer trip and the mummy horde fight in Hamunaptra, are all just so engaging. I can't wait to read the next installment!
Shadydowns chapter 28 . 8/14/2020
I am new here and I just want to tell you that I LOVE this trilogy, I just finished Self Esteem and you made cry a lot with this ending and I sort of love and hate it at the same time, I really hope you continue with The Return of the Med-jai because I NEED Ardeth and Madeline ending up together, your fanfics are jewels for the fanfiction world, especially this trilogy, thank you for writing this and I wish you a lot of imagination, heart and desire to finish the trilogy (and soon hopefully). I will wait no matter how many years it takes you.
PS: Nassira is officially my favorite character :3
Gonch Ni chapter 30 . 3/5/2020
There is something beautiful about friendship stories, and I think I’ll talk about that for a second. Because this fic had a bit or everything, but the heart of it was steadfast, unflinching, true to its very core friendship. Friendship between two people who judged each other and accepted each other with all of their flaws and faults and were always on each other’s side. Friendship that may have started out as a flash of infatuation in the previous story, and I’m not discounting the possibility that the infatuation still lingers on in Jonathan; but before anything else, they have each other’s back. They would cross deserts and fight monsters for one another, and all out of love. The greatest love that a person can have for another person. Greater, I can safely say, than anything romantic. For all that I was rooting for the main romantic couple here, it’s the relationship between Jonathan and Madeline that really called to me throughout the fic. I loved every word of it and really felt he much they cared about one another, and it connected with me in a personal level. I have been Jonathan to my friend, who is very much Madeline, and the love and care he feels for her as a friend damn near brings tears to my eyes.

To wrap up now, I’ll say this. As a sequel, this fic did everything right. It built upon existing ideas and brought in all new themes, explored and developed characters, deepened relationships and dynamics, introduced well-crafted lore, had a wonderful assortment of OCs that really get a bag rep but are wondering cast additions when done well (and they were done very well). It’s everything I look for in a sequel, and so entirely, refreshingly unique and unlike the first instalment of the series. I must admit that while I enjoyed the first fic, I had some reservations about what you could write without a movie blueprint as backing, but I was blown away by the amount of skill and talent and thoroughness of this instalment.

I would also like to add that, having read this fic start to finish and caught it in a period of update/reworking, the difference is staggering. While the second half of the fic (at the time of this review being the original version) was thrilling and engaging and never left me bored, the update (about the first 12 chapters or so) is a brilliant improvement in writing style and word choice. I found myself enjoying the two versions of writing for different reasons, and was thrilled to compare how much you’ve improved years after having originally published the fic.

I am now off to read the next sequel with eagerness. Thanks you very much for writing this and sharing it with us.
Gonch Ni chapter 13 . 6/28/2019
Are we in the middle of the revision with this chapter? Because it and the next two are all more compactly reshaped into the precious. The Earthquake consequence, and heartfelt conversation she has with Jonathan, this all happened last chapter. I was thrown for a loop, thinking I’m reading a dream but it just looks like the revised chapters ended and the original chapters began. I’m wondering, is all, just to make sure I’m not being completely obtuse and misunderstanding everything.
ruby.yifan chapter 30 . 5/2/2019
I'm completely in love with this fan fiction! You are an amazing writer! I bringe read this whole series in less than a week with sleepless nights please come back
JediGemini chapter 12 . 1/21/2019
chapters 11 and 12 are the same
Michell P M chapter 30 . 10/15/2018
michele chapter 30 . secs ago
Hi, I just wanted to mention a fact to you. The words in Arabic that Ardeth Bay uses to give orders to his men is: "Yalla imshi!" Means: let's go! . Maybe this is useful for you, to review your stories of Self Esteem and The Return of Medjai, I hope this data will help you, greetings and do not stop writing.
michele chapter 30 . 10/15/2018
SapphiRubyCrys chapter 1 . 7/17/2018
Awww Kid Maddie and Rick. These two have a bond that is not overly caring but enough. You know they love each other, got each other's back but don't over show it and ppl might even mistaken these two to not have a good relationship
Guest chapter 30 . 3/4/2018
Me after reading Tongue Tied: ooh I love this. An original and realistic version of an Ardeth/OC and a Rick has a sister!AU. It's well written, and doesn't insert the OC in everywhere to follow every scene in the movie as literally as possible. Oh look, there's part two!
Me after finishing Self Esteem: what do you mean I'm crying? I'm definitely not crying, don't you dare do thi- ...fuck