Reviews for Explanations
NATARYA chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
It's a great job, but I think the people don't understand to Goku, I believe he left with Uub because he needed someone to teach him how to use his powers. Gohan, Goten and Chichi were never alone, however Uub had no one.
young dawn chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
Very well done. You had Gohan's feelings came across clearly, while still keeping him in character. This confrontation is one the entire fandom's always wanted to hear. And you handled it wonderfully. It makes sense that Gohan would excuse him from previous absences, what with his adoration for his father, but this one was the final straw for him. Poor, clueless Goku. The guy has a heart of gold, but he just can't seem to understand that his leaving causes so much pain to all those that he holds dearest. And the hug at the end was the perfect way to cap it off. Though they were very close when Gohan was a boy, after that seven year gap, it seems that Goku just didn't know how to act around his son anymore. He'd missed a huge chunk of his life, and there was no getting it back. I'm glad to have this final resolution to it all. Well done.

sora
DBZLover4Ever chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
GREAT STORY!
RianLena chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
Extreme 'aww' is extreme. Yea... Goku does have some pretty faults here and there that are probably exposed and exploited in some fanfics but I have to say this was good. Ahh, Gohan really has to step up a lot, especially during the Cell Games. Good job, I like it
kendokao chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
Nicely done. While I tend not to picture Gohan as ever really being angry with Goku, given that he's always hero-worshiped the man, you've presented the situation pretty convincingly here. It's the one instance where Gohan really might have hard feelings, & I like that you pointed out the difference between the end of Z & all of the other times when Gohan's been able to accept Goku's absence.

You're right, a heartfelt embrace would speak volumes to Gohan. It's funny, watching the series I noticed that the few times Gohan went in for an emotional hug, Goku didn't really return it w/ much more than a pat on the back, but I didn't think about how much more affectionate he is w/ Goten til seeing your other reviews.
KrissyG chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
Wow..you surprisingly kept everyone in character, this is wonderfully written. I always thought that this should have been addressed in the series especially around the Buu saga. I feel like while Goku was more affectionate towards Goten, he seemed to walk on eggshells around Gohan...
shadyatem chapter 1 . 3/2/2010
I Loved this story. so many stories like these bash goku for being a neglectful a-hole, yes he obviously hurt his family's feelings. But hes smart but kinda stupid, he never intends to make his fam anf friends feel that way, hes just an oblivious idiot. In this story goku realizes how it makes everyone feel.

and ya for someone so affectionate, ive never seen goku hug gohan, ive seen him hug goten, but not gohan

XD
Guest chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
Aw... I loved it.

The ending of DBZ always bothered me for that same reason. Goku, though, is the epitome of an idiot hero. It took a very stern lecture from Piccolo before he even realized that throwing his 11 year old son in front of Cell to fight all by himself was a dick move. I love Goku to pieces, but he's a social retard. He honestly has no clue that he's doing something wrong when he does this sort of thing.

I think your story conveyed this idea very well. And the hug at the end... That was especially sweet, since Goku doesn't really "do" embraces, hee hee.

Great job, it was wonderful!
Itachi's aprentice chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
I really enjoyed this one-shot because it almost what I imaging would happen, and the way you showed the character was really good.
Lychee Green Tea chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
I liked this a lot. I agree with everything you said, and Goku's departure at the end of the series always made me slightly angry. You did well with not having Goku bashing in this, because it's certainly tempting with such a topic. Keep up the good work!

Take care,

~LGT
Zayin chapter 1 . 5/17/2008
Good story. Character's were very IC. Damn right Goku has responsibilities. Very powerful when Gohan told him that.

I hope you continue writing stories like these. Simple without bullshit and excessive details.

Zayin
Ms. Videl Son chapter 1 . 5/16/2008
THANK YOU. Goku's abandonment of his family always bugged me -_-; You can come up with all sorts of semi-good excuses for the first few times, but the one at the end of Z really, really, REALLY pisses me off. When he finally gets a chance to settle down with the family that loves him, all he can think about is taking off again for his next thrill. How selfish...

Ahem, anyway, I thought you did a good job of portraying this without making him out to be an all-around bad guy who actually MEANT to hurt someone (my fiance is the same way, actually -_-; Maybe it's a guy thing?). And you surprisingly kept Gohan IC during their conversation, though I was sure it couldn't possibly be done. Well done in proving me wrong

If you would be so kind, please write more DBZ stories. 'twould greatly appreciate it.

. ( . MVS . ) .
InspiredDelinquent chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
that was a really good one-shot! i think that you portrayed it really well. i always wondered how everyone felt about his leaving countless times and i think that its a good thing that someone told him.

and i also liked the part about vegeta cuz that is so true!

it looks like you put a lot of thought into it and it came out really awesome!
chimney leaf chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
I must say, you did well avoiding the usual Goku-bashing that can happen in a fic like this, and you dealt with it incredibly well. I think you captured exactly how Gohan would be feeling.
oh-puckernuts chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
Hi, good story. I agree with you, Goku leaves his family so often, even if it is with good intentions. He always got away with it, and that bothers me too. No-one says something because he's the strongest? Or because he saved the world so many times, that they accept his behaviour, Goku has to sacrifice a lot to continue saving. Or is it because everybody likes him so much, a little bit like Santa? A very good person, you can always believe in and trust, and with a lot of power (giving so many presents must mean your powerfull). I don't know, but even if that's all true, it doesn't justify his behaviour. Then again, perhaps we forget that it is just a childshow, lighthearted.