Reviews for Let's Get Together
Amulet Misty chapter 24 . 5/20/2014
Wow, I'm really loving this collection. You keep everyone's character pretty much spot on and always have interesting subjects to write about. I especially love how you show Joshua's interactions with a lot of the characters, not just with Neku and Mr. H. His chapters with Shiki are particularly interesting - I always thought it'd be nice to see how they'd react to each other.

You have a lot of chapters that also just give me feels for Joshua and appreciate how hard it can be to be a Composer...the one that surrounded him and phones was just...asdfghjkl. ;-;

I noticed you first published this a while ago and I hadn't seen this while I've been stalking the TWEWY section for the past nearly-two years. Hope this recent update means there's going to be more!

- Dina
alaskatrailmutt chapter 23 . 1/21/2013
These are all really good!
The Light's Refrain chapter 23 . 10/10/2011
I like the feeling of this piece. It's casual tone belies the sadness of Joshua losing the people he's gotten attached to. Though I did laugh when Joshua texted Sanae at 4 am XD.
Midnight Ghost chapter 23 . 9/30/2011
Poor Josh Josh. No one to talk to, really.
Midnight Ghost chapter 22 . 7/16/2011
"Joshua is a secret FF7 fan (is this why crossdressing is possible in TWEWY?)"

That. That is totally canon. Canon beyond all belief, and no matter what you say I will not believe otherwise.
The Light's Refrain chapter 22 . 7/9/2011
Heh, reply to review replies, yet I forget until now to read the new stuff :P.

Ah, art is such a complicated thing. I think everyone has art, some more than others. There are one-hit wonders and hit-or-miss as well as consistent people. So I agree with Sanae more than Joshua (as most people probably do). The pondering over the bad coffee was fun to read XD.

As for the FFVII movie...it's got the same issue that the Avatar movie does, though not quite as bad. Namely, beautiful movie, but lacking solid plot. I still like it though :P
0er0 chapter 22 . 7/9/2011
Heheh, honestly I caught a few subliminal messages here and there.

I only read the short story at the end. I mostly don't pay attention to them, but it's ff7... so I had to take a look.

Ah two people talking about advent children. One saying it's crap, the other asking what right does anyone have to call it crap : ) We've all been there. I would have preferred at least one person who wanted to see it, but I assume one can't toot ones own horn.

Honestly, I love you mocking Hanekoma's coffee, and getting into the mind of Hanekoma. He's an artist who accepts other views and expands his world. It only makes sense he'd remind Joshua as such. Also I love the snarky relationship, it really captures the finer moments of the world ends with you.

The ultimate truth though is this, it's a short story, by its nature it rarely has a point or rhyme or reason. Meaning I probably won't become a diehard fan anytime soon. But at the same time I see talent here and talent should be commended.

The writing style is crisp and the vocabulary is full of swagger like a college kid. All this to say that I can't help but think you are the type who liked FF6 a lot more than FF7. Anyway, props to you and you may one day earn... 0er0's stamp of approval. In time perhaps. I look forward to your next update. I may read some of your other stories if I'm in the ranting mood.
The Light's Refrain chapter 21 . 7/5/2011
How sad and pathetic that the funeral was just for show and not for true grieving. It sounds like Joshua is from some high-class family only worried about reputation. At least Joshua knows that he had lost nothing precious, which may help him move on.
The Light's Refrain chapter 20 . 7/5/2011
This was kind of confusing, but it was probably meant to be. I'm guessing that Joshua's killer was one of his parents, judging by how his stuff got destroyed afterward. It also makes me think that the Angels aren't keeping him there in Shibuya: his guilts and grudges are.
Don't Shoot the Puppy chapter 21 . 4/3/2011
This is really well written.
Khelc-sul Renai chapter 19 . 8/30/2009
Yay for Beat managing to teach Joshua!

Well written, fun read.
Khelc-sul Renai chapter 18 . 8/30/2009
Neku without those headphones would just be weird...
Khelc-sul Renai chapter 17 . 8/30/2009
At least Shiki still cared... This is good.
Khelc-sul Renai chapter 16 . 8/30/2009
Hadn't thought abput that downside to being the Composer. You could always let someone beat you, I guess...

Onward.
Khelc-sul Renai chapter 15 . 8/30/2009
*laughs out loud, and almost annoys roommate*

Onward.