Reviews for Harry's Quidditch Practice
Gleas chapter 16 . 8/21
of all the irresponsible things...
Gleas chapter 2 . 8/19
basilisk... eating homework... and demanding to play... so Harry wants a pet basilisk then? lol
D-chan chapter 21 . 5/13
Well done!
Love lots,
missgsmith51 chapter 21 . 4/29
"'Leave it to Dumbledore to tell something to the whole school, before the two persons, whom it concerns, are informed,' he mused." Yes, I'd be a bit irked myself.

I'm glad the twins are accepting of Harry's new "status." Perhaps they will "work on" Ron over the summer. Hehe He needs to grow up if he's going to be Harry's friend. I think it says a lot that Harry was unwilling to tell Ron about the guardianship at first. He sees Ron's flaws and still likes him, but he has also become mature enough to make decisions based on his own best interest rather than Ron's opinion. Harry is growing up.
missgsmith51 chapter 20 . 4/29
If he's going to be Harry's dad, I think Severus needs one of those special Healer thermometers that he just has to touch to Harry's head, and it gives a whole report on his condition. MUCH simpler than having to fight with Harry when he's delirious or wake him when he's sleeping.
missgsmith51 chapter 17 . 4/29
I think Harry has already made his decision. Sirius needs to "man up" and be an adult. Why can't he be happy being like a fun uncle? He can still spend fun times with Harry. That way, he also has lots of time to chase women, which we know he loves.
missgsmith51 chapter 16 . 4/29
No, I don't think Sirius is evil, but he is thoughtless and careless to suggest Harry run around the castle. Harry has been ill for most of the year already. I'm not sure he would be a responsible parent, and THAT is what Harry needs. Sirius should just be happy to be Harry's "dogfather." Perhaps Remus can talk some sense into him.
missgsmith51 chapter 15 . 4/29
I hate when authors feel they must make Sirius evil if Snape is going to be good. Sirius is immature, careless, and thoughtless, and I suspect his brain is addled from twelve years in Azkaban; but he isn't evil. I hope you didn't make him so.
missgsmith51 chapter 13 . 4/29
Yep, Harry is like I was as a child ... and still am today. I always wanted my punishments on the spot, as worrying just made me sick. As an adult, I must resolve disagreements or problems at once, as I am not able to sleep or concentrate on work if my relationships are in disarray. I hate to let things "fester."
missgsmith51 chapter 11 . 4/29
It's kind of funny, really. I think Harry is a lot more like Snape than either realizes. Both like a peaceful environment and neither really has a high tolerance for noise. It's one reason I think Neville is a more compatible friend for Harry than Ron is. Ron is loud, argumentative, opinionated, insulting, and lazy. Neville is none of these things. He is quiet, respectful, caring, and hard-working. He may have strong opinions, but he doesn't shove them I others' faces, and he listens and weighs what he hears before speaking ... unlike Ron. When the guardian issue comes up, we can be pretty certain Ron will be hostile and insulting while Neville, despite his issues with Snape, will take his cues from Harry.

Back to Snape ... When he is honest with himself, he is able to see Harry's intelligence, and Harry, in turn, respects Snape's skills and intelligence. Both seem to enjoy each other's company ... when Ron isn't around. A lot of Harry's negativism toward Snape - while triggered by Snape himself in that first class - is "fed" by Ron. Well, that's what I think.
missgsmith51 chapter 9 . 4/29
I worked privately with injured or chronically ill students during my career, and when I went to teach them in their homes, we did as much of the work as possible orally, through question/answer, discussion, and Orlando exams. Obviously they had to manage the reading in order to prepare for my time with them, but most had parents, friends or sibs to help.

If the object is to keep Harry from falling hopelessly behind, why can't each core teacher meet with him an hour or two a week when he's feeling up to it? They're all right at hand in the castle. Snape's or McGonagall's intelligent House-elves (Cicero and Malcolm) could help read the necessary chapters to him, so that he is prepared to discuss the material. He could even write essays using a Dicta-quill. That way, Poppy and Snape could give him some extra recuperation time in bed, yet he can still keep on top of his subjects.
missgsmith51 chapter 7 . 4/28
Quidditch match in two weeks? I'd say Harry will be lucky if Pomfrey allows him on a broom again in two months time. It sounds as if he has had serious head trauma, perhaps a brain injury. How long has he already been out? I don't think Ron even has a clue how sick Harry has been or still is. He isn't even ready to read or do homework yet, and I think that should come before Quidditch. I think Oliver had better start training Ginny to stand in as reserve seeker.

I'm curious why a brain trauma specialist hasn't been called in. Surely the Wizarding world has them, given the reality of Bludger accidents that involve skull fractures and falls from brooms. Is Dumbledore really stupid enough to withhold proper treatment from Harry?
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 4/28
Since we know Snape is capable of being caring and gentle, why is he such a bast**d? I think he needs to accept at least some of the responsibility for Harry's predicament, since Harry always seems to worsen after enduring one of Snape's insult sessions. Why doesn't Poppy talk to him about this? Surely she knows.
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 4/28
I've been there, Harry. Sometimes one just can't keep it down, and no amount of scolding and shoving food down someone's throat is going to make it stay. Snape should realize that.
missgsmith51 chapter 4 . 4/28
I feel sorry for Harry, but even if he is delirious, his behavior is tiring to those who are trying to help him while doing all of their other duties. In Snape's place, I would probably would apply some sticking charms or Muggle restraints - given Harry's penchant for fleeing - at least until his fever recedes and his delirium is over. His escapades keep adding to his ailments.

The real trouble is his unwillingness - thanks to the Dursleys - to admit illness. Dumbledore needs to wake up and smell the coffee instead of sucking on those infernal lemon drops, which have addled his brain.