Reviews for XIV
safa'at keruth chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
Wow. This was just... awesome. You portrayed all of the characters extremely well, especially Ryou ('apathetic to life and the universe in general,' that made me smile because it's oddly true) and Yugi. I loved the lightheartedness and overlying theme of friendship over romance - although this is probably the first heartshipping fic I've read. Great job!
Ethereal Fae chapter 1 . 10/30/2008
This was a stunning piece! I really really loved it. I love the bold print. A woman giving birth to a frog...heh. I suppose Yugi-tachi have heard of stranger things. Of course they have, what am I thinking? Anywho, extremely well-written. I'm jealous now. XD I think you characterized all of them perfectly- especially Honda. He doesn't seem to get enough love in this fandom. Glad to see he gets his chance to shine. I especially like the tension between Yugi, Honda and Ryou upon finding out their "closeness". It's awkward and sweet, and he stands by his friends even if he may not agree with it (well, that's what I perceived from it). Shizuka is portrayed beautifully, and I loved the fact that she wasn't as naive as Honda believed her to be. I'd say you did a bang-up job with this. I'm adding you to my favorite authors now.
Phoenix To Flame chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
Beautiful! I loved it! Especially the Heartshipping. A new favorite of mine.
thriceandonce chapter 1 . 5/18/2008
Ryu: KAWAII!

Sylv: ...yeah. I like the POV; I don't think I've ever read anything from Honda's perspective, it's an interesting change.

Soma: My favourite line was: "On that note, I must remember to ask Jou if I can borrow the fourth book in the trilogy…" XD Too funny!
Melanie Skye chapter 1 . 5/17/2008
The last line...*laughs* For a normally dull pairing, you did a very good job making it interesting.

Good luck on the contest!
Sakura Takanouchi chapter 1 . 5/16/2008
This is adorable! Its quite well-done, with just the right touches of humor and sincerity. And Shizuka was written splendidly. It was nice seeing how she interacted with this select group, as her brother wasn't present here. The way you segmented things was a tad confusing at first, but its a unique way to write things. All in all, good job!

...And I still don't get the title. But whatever, I still enjoyed the read. )
Darleneartist chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
Hi,

Just a note, thanks for sharing and I enjoyed reading this. It sure had a hint of a couple that need more stories written about them. Ryou and Yugi... I also liked how U wrote Honda and Shazuka. Bye, Darleneartist.
Tentaculiferous chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
Oh, nice fic. Very nice. I especially liked this:

"Possibly with a nice new jacket too. Admittedly, with some of the things Yugi wears the style wouldn’t be all that new for him, but I think there are only so many buckles and chains you can wear and still pass yourself off as relatively sane-looking."

Too true. He looks like he escaped from the mental ward. Or off the set of a BDSM film.

"My mother, getting all misty-eyed in her own memories, clutching a battered diary to her chest as she remembers some ancient band named after bugs that she once adored."

Hahahaha old people.
Higuchimon chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
That was good. Better than good. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Thank you for writing it. :)
Computerfreak101 chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
Cute~. x3 Very, very cute.

All of Yugi-tachi had met Insanity before. He was quite an amusing guy, they thought, when he wasn’t trying to kill you.

xD Awesomness.