Reviews for The Unseen War 0: Sidereal
maesde chapter 9 . 7/2/2013
Wow. Loved the "pre story" and the trailer.
bec chapter 9 . 8/22/2012
I loved this story, and the AU you created. Love Mara and Luke's characters and relationship. (Han /Leia and Luke /Leia are great too. I can't wait to read the rest of the trilogy, evev though I read that the last part is unwritten. Keep up the great writing! (Preferably in the SW universe) :)
jackiemack916 chapter 5 . 9/15/2011
I am reading this on the sly at work and having a very hard time not laughing out loud. It's definitely improved my day. Thanks for posting.
DrMckay chapter 1 . 12/8/2009
Just found this story and its sequels and read them all very rapidly. The only thoughts I have are Wonderful! this is exactly what the rest of the EU should have been. It seems as if you like only the Thrawn and x-wing series books (Same stuff i like, anderson and the others were utter crap,)so good on you!

The writing is good, and the characters interesting and not over-angsty. Also, thanks for putting in Rogue and Wraith squadron stuff, as they are awesome.

Congratulations on writing Daala a realistic, sympathetic, and likeable character, as well as making Han realize his full potential.

I'll end by saying that it's too bad you didn't write the EU, after T and thanks for the stories
meek-bookworm chapter 9 . 10/9/2009
Found this off a rec site and really enjoyed it (found your NCIS story off another site but am waiting until I catch up to review).

The dynamic between Luke and Mara-their fasination with eachother, their insistence on being friends, their completely opposite backgrounds- is always such fun to read and you do the job extremely well. Their protective tendencies and the way they really don't make sense to their friends really comes across.

The rouges and Han picking on Luke is amusing. I can see Mara waiting for those odds to become even worse and then capitalizing on the 'big reveal'.

The way the political situation is interwoven here is superb-it's such a huge part of the Thrawn Trilogy and so many novels/fanfics focus on the romance to the point where there is no plot. The government building/war is such a huge part of both their lives it's silly to assume everything is just resolved or Luke/Mara just doesn't care anymore. Leia's position in particular really punctuates the point; she's royalty, a senator, playing these games is something she's trained for even more than the war, and to certain extent she must put her family second to focus on the big picture. Compared to the movies she seems rather cold in your story, but compared with the Thrawn books she seems consistent.

Addressing the opinions on Leia's force power (which you've probably heard too much about already), I always took medicholarian counts to be like IQ scores-kinda genetics based (the premise behind sperm banks) but also dependent a lot on random chance and once you reach a certain score the actual number is rather irrelavent-so Leia does have the force but around average jedi level and Mara has it too a little less, but the Emperor blocked most of it (loyalty considerations?) and she isn't used to using all her power? Anyway there's probably already more soapbox than review here (sorry).

Thanks for writing! I'm off to read the next one!

mb
Jasaa chapter 9 . 7/14/2009
Nice.. I wish I had found this one before i read "Tyranny reborn".. Well atleast this answered question or two that I had after Tyranny Reborn.

Thanks
chisscientist chapter 9 . 6/10/2009
Interesting use of movie trailer visuals to intrigue the reader.
chisscientist chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
This has a lot of potential. I like the interactions between the characters because they are both in-character and funny. I look forward to seeing what you do with it.
Jedipilot24 chapter 2 . 4/6/2009
I happen to agree that Dark Empire was crap though mostly because if I were the Emperor and I had a prepared clone bodies, I'd inhabit one immediately after my death instead of waiting five years. Oh I bet that would've looked good on the Holonet: A few days after the Battle of Endor, the Emperor makes a speech like nothing happened...
cirana chapter 9 . 11/15/2008
gd fic
blank101 chapter 8 . 7/21/2008
Really enjoyed this; well-written, and the characterizations seem spot-on. A nice little warm-up to TR.

I liked the layers of subtelty here that Mara and Luke's relationship have, plus the fact that Luke is very *human*. People tend to make him all-powerful the moment he becomes a Jedi, but I think he carries the saem character flaws that he always did, andhim hbleness and his attempts to appease everybody are very Luke. Mara too is well-written, not too overbearing, as she often seems both in the official books and fanfic; hey, *nobody* can be that angry all the time!

Great pacing and completely addictive.

Off to start TR now :)
Bolt3521 chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
Great story, I too did not like stories after the T. This is a good AU rewrite of everything!
Guest chapter 8 . 6/2/2008
Wow. Creepy prophecy. I loved the bit with the supposed marriage proposal-that was quite hilarious. I also liked Mara's taking care of Luke, heh.

You have a nice blend of humor and a good handle on the characters. This was a great intro, and I now I shall pop on over to Tyranny Reborn!
VoxynQueen chapter 5 . 5/30/2008
I only just started reading this chapter, but just had to say how happy I was to see words for Chewie. Hate it when its just, 'Chewie growled in agreement.' Made my day!
JadeTakashi chapter 9 . 5/26/2008
oh i can't wait for that to get started.

i really can't.

that was absolutely awesome.

absolutely awesome.

I await the tyranny of this. I really do.

so many questions you must now answer. so many things that fic must now reveal.

if that's just the first part of the trilogy, i can only imagine what the other two will consist of.

han as an admiral? oh he must love that...

leia hiding her identity..in the SENATE? that can't be good at all.

yep, I'll be keeping two eyes out for this.

The Unseen War?

alright, I'll be waiting anxiously for that.

JT