Reviews for Whatever Comes
mudpuddledemon chapter 9 . 9/5/2012
Huh, really different take on the background than I've seen before. Two thumbs up!
DarkDreamer1982 chapter 13 . 2/5/2010
Ok, what happened, why did you stop writing? I want to know how it ends!
Jacki-maliska chapter 13 . 7/12/2009
ok.. so fat chance I know but i would love it if you updated this!
Saismaat chapter 13 . 1/3/2009
Good work! I like Riddick a little off balance. That’s hard to do without going out of character. The introductory sex was a little clichéd, but man, sex and death, mutually penetrative. Good times.

““You’re wrong, Riddick. I do get it. I was human bait back to you on T2, I was a burden on that bitch’s ship, and I’m a pain in the ass burden now. You dumped me off with Imam to save yourself.””

That’s such a sad line. And not fair. He went to some effort to keep her from being bait on T2.

““I left you with Imam because I was afraid that I would be the one raping you. I had a feeling about you back on T2, but you were just a damn kid, I didn’t have that right. You deserved better than that, you deserved to grow up and let your first time be with someone you loved, not me, Jack. Anyone but me.”

“So what, it was a jealousy killing now? Make up your fuckin mind, Riddick.”

Riddick’s grip tightened on Jack’s arms. “Desire. For years I’ve dreamt about you, Jack. And don’t act like you don’t dream about me, because I’ve heard you at night. Moaning, sighing. You’ve wanted me ever since you were a bald headed brat. What’s the matter Jack? Big bad Richard B. Riddick got you all tied up in knots? Well here, why don’t you let me unwind you then…””

That’s nice. And sad – she’s drawing a lot of unlikely conclusions. That Riddick killed Abu because of jealousy that he got there first? I can’t decide if Riddick should have called her on it or just let her rail.

Nicely done!
Happy Face21 chapter 13 . 12/18/2008
OMG How does she resist him?

This is the first time I have read one of your stories & I must say your awesome! I love your style. I really like how you twisted Imam's character.

Can't wait to see what happens next!
thisunrest chapter 13 . 12/17/2008
Nice! It's fun to see that Jack isn't just going to give in to Riddick so reluctance makes the tension a little steamier.I can't wait to see what you write next.
Little Karma chapter 12 . 10/20/2008
very interesting idea, i can't wait to see what you've got planned next, update soon
reisaikage chapter 12 . 9/2/2008
Real nice Riddick/Jack interaction, your fics focus really well on their personal relationship, actions, and dialogue. Even the one sided monologues. Imam as the villain was…harsh. But it was a snappy twist. In the movie the people who wound Jack are the people Riddick warned her to stay away from, to have the man he left her with for safekeeping be the monster was a lot darker. Interested to see where things go from here. Now that that's settled between them, and nothing else is.
Saismaat chapter 12 . 7/19/2008
Nicely done! That first section is just great.

“I can only imagine what Imam’s body must look like, what he must have done to it.

. . .

Sitting in the control chair, I can only imagine what Riddick must look like beneath the spray of the hot showers, wonder what it would be like to scrub the blood clean from his skin. I try not to picture it, or imagine my hands all over his body, but I can’t seem to help myself.”

That’s great parallelism. Great job of showing her connection to the bodies of these two men, so similar, so different. And the insertion of the control chair in the middle is nice.

I really liked “soured icing on the proverbial cake.” And “In that moment they both believed her lie.” My eye did stumble over “The look on Riddick’s face far from escaped Jack.”

Nicely done!
AZTECPHENOM chapter 12 . 7/17/2008
"Dropping the towel, he grinned as he heard Jack take in a sharp breath."

Lol, what an a*hole! That's so Riddick. I love the fact that Jack hasn't fallen apart an taken him back with no questions asked. I like that she doesn't cow down to him, this is great. Anxious for another chapter!

-A.P.
lillianrose4 chapter 12 . 7/17/2008
What there were more words after the shower scene, sorry my mind was on I'm just wiping the drool off. Okay I'm semmi fine now. Please update, I need more.
Dejah chapter 2 . 6/30/2008
damn. okay.

"Apprentice" by Ardath Rekha

w . art-of-vin-diesel . com

but without the spaces, of course.

i think you'll really like it.
Dejah chapter 11 . 6/30/2008
[applauding. loudly.]

fantastic! wow! amazing! the new formatting you've applied makes the story a true joy to follow! i can't wait until you have more free time to apply to your chapters. i'm so glad i was able to pay forward some of the tips taught to me and to see your story evolve and grow! great job! can't wait to read more.
Saismaat chapter 11 . 6/29/2008
Interesting take - not where I thought you were going with it. When Abu wasn't present in the scene your different take on it didn't bug me, but somehow, having him there and acting so differently than I think of him was jarring.

Allah doesn't forgive kid fuckers . . . I'm no religious scholar, but I have the sense that Islam has the same set of unforgiveable sins as Christianity; limited certain types of heresy, not bad action. Didn't the prophet marry a nine year old? I like Riddick's parting shot, but given his "I believe in god and I hate the fucker," I'm not sure I can hear him say it.

Great last line. That, that I can hear.

Good luck with finals!
Extant chapter 11 . 6/28/2008
Why did you make Imam a child rapist? Did he strike you as having a sick streak in PB? Or did you just need it to move the story a certain direction? I'm curious, because you're not at all the first person I've read whose had Imam do that, and I was wondering whether you guys actually saw something in the character, or if it's the trend of scandals over the past few years that made it easy to imagine.