Reviews for Devil May Cry 4: The Devil's Arm
Chris chapter 1 . 8/29
Its almost surprising, to see a fanfic worked like this. Since this is the first DMC fanfic I've ever read, I almost didn't know what to expect. But for a first chapter, the writing style works. Extremely well. And I've also found the gentle sarcasm and attitude that I've come to both enjoy and expect in these games. These games take themselves too seriously to treat themselves seriously, and here we see it in this first chapter. "Brava, brava amicii!"
Revolution Assassin chapter 22 . 3/14/2014
This was fantastic. Makes me want see a novelization of Devil May Cry 3. If it hasn't, I just might.
Marluxiaisagirl chapter 22 . 2/1/2013
extremly good. i own devil may cry 4 and this is exactly the way i expected it.
DMC obsessed fan chapter 22 . 7/15/2012
Dude...I think I love you.
Silver Queen chapter 22 . 1/17/2011
This is a brilliant novelisation of the game. I thought the fight scenes were really well done and showed a huge difference between skill between Nero and Dante.
brohne chapter 22 . 12/30/2010
I decided to wait until I'd finished the entire story before leaving a review. I was so thrilled that someone had taken on the task of turning the game into a novel! I haven't had a chance to play the game yet (I only have a PS2), but from watching the cut scenes I have to say you've done an amazing job. Action scenes are so difficult to write and you did a very good job. I agree with you that most fights tend to be short.

One thing I might suggest, don't be afraid to engage as many senses as reasonable in a scene. Some of the fights felt a bit more like a blow by blow recital than anything and honestly I skipped a few. Emotions always get involved during a fight, even if controlled.

Overall you did an amazing job and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it!
Ultimolu chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
Ah! Someone wrote a novelization of the game!

I'm so reading this.
AnnaNero chapter 21 . 7/12/2009
I loved it!

i missed the part where he was hulusinating kyrie you know in the game right after he gets absorbed?
AnnaNero chapter 3 . 7/9/2009
I'll help you. I have several good ideas, just tell me what you want the story to be about then I'll take it from there.

(im more of a story critic though)

And i possible please tell it to me as if you were

talking to a person with the IQ of 80, i don't understand alot

of things... ADHD.

( please? )
AnnaNero chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
I am so glad somebody made this game into a story

I would, but i really don't have the time to.

it will prpbably take me a year just to write it down!who knows how long it will take me to type it!

You did me a HUGE favor and i thank you.

For that I will grant you 5 favors.
sorcerousfang chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
This sounds really great just reading the prologue! I'm sadly depirved of the system for the the fourth game, so I don't think I'll ever get the change to kick butt with Nelo, and I'm hoping reading a novelized version of it will help ease my pain. I'm really glad to have come across this. When I get to the end, I'll let you know what I think of the whole thing!

by the way, "let's rock, baby!" is my favorite line. loved he use of it in the author's note. two thumbs up.
Ravensilver chapter 22 . 4/29/2009
I finally read all the way through your story. I just finished playing DMC4 for the first time and really enjoyed reading your interpretation of the story at the same time. You have a really good grasp of the characters, and a great way of story-telling.

I hope you'll find more inspiration in DMC4 and look forward to reading more stories from you written in that universe.
Crystallia chapter 11 . 2/18/2009
Dante was only 'toying' with Nero-or so I've heard-in that part... A slap on the back of the head... Classic, Dante!
Crystallia chapter 7 . 2/12/2009
Ouch... THAT has gotta hurt!
Mr kennedy chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
Wow, great first chapter. Extremely well written.

Your take on Dante's opening cutscene was very interesting, I loved reading Lady's thoughts and her opinion on Trish. Looking forward to finishing the rest of the fic.