Reviews for Torch Song
SPNReadingManiac chapter 4 . 5/29/2016
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards Review May 2016

A taut, well-written case fic, scathingly adult and realistic. The points of view were handled very well, giving the reader insight into the thoughts and feelings of both characters, effortlessly pinpointing the period through detail and using those views to further the story as well as furnishing heartbreaking depth to the characterisation. I was torn with the last two chapters and the implications therein, but found the writing justified most of the reactions, keeping truth to the character in question.

The strong, fluid and non-obstrusive style draws the reader in immediately. Well-handled pace delivers excellent tension and relief, building and remaining high through event revelations discovered and character feelings revealed.

Dialogue and description were also excellent, the dialogue was delivered naturally and in-character, adding to the story's momentum, and the creative and vivid descriptions gave the reader strong imagery in each situation. The secondary characters were fleshed out, each there for a reason and with their own particular reactions, adding verisimilitude to each scene.
Catasauqua chapter 4 . 5/15/2016
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards Review: Novel /Action/Adventure - May 2016

It amazes (and sometimes amuses) me when authors use the prostitution crutch to get Dean to where they want him to be.

This story was grammatically clean, formatted nicely and resolved the case satisfactorily.
SPN Mum chapter 4 . 5/12/2016
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards Review - May 2016

Your story had an interesting take on how Dean managed to take care of Sam during those times that John didn't return within his planned time frame. I'm not sure that Dean would have turned to prostitution, with the way that John raised them, but it works for your story, since it gave Dean a tie to the terrible situations of some of the missing children. The strain between Sam and Dean, because of an unwillingness to communicate their feelings, also added to the tension of your story. I did not see the twist of the one neighbor being a serial killer, in addition to there being a creature that needed hunting. With the dark ending of this story, it almost should have been nominated for the Novel/Horror category.
Cimamango chapter 4 . 5/5/2016
This was an excellent story, so well plotted & executed, thanks so much.
Biancachu chapter 2 . 10/5/2015
Poor Sam and Dean.
Biancachu chapter 1 . 10/5/2015
This is a thrilling story and well-written.
bubblesquirt chapter 4 . 9/15/2014
Thanks again for sharing this. Do you still write on another site? Would love to see more from you, this season was one of my favorites, mostly because of the ansty-ness of it. Thanks for being such an awesome writer!
bubblesquirt chapter 3 . 9/15/2014
Another perfect chapter. My sadness for these kids increases as the story goes on. I'm legitimately really sad now.. Great writing.
bubblesquirt chapter 2 . 9/15/2014
Dean's desperation is so canon and so is Sam's worrisome silence. Everything is on point for their characters. I love how you write!
bubblesquirt chapter 1 . 9/15/2014
Just finished this story and had to tell you how amazing it was. I love how you switch from Sam and Dean's perspectives so seamlessly. I would love to see a continuation of this? Or epilogue? I want the back story! I understand sometimes it's best left to the imagination though. I also love that there was a supernatural and human baddie in this. Thank you so much for sharing!
Xayian chapter 4 . 3/16/2010
Whoa. Incredibly well written and dark. People never think to wonder about the potential dark human side of the boys being left on their own and you really hit it on the money. The details were woven in very well and the plausibility scary for the fact that such things happen in real life.

I would like to say nice job, but considering the context of the story, that doesn't feel right. So instead I'm sticking with well written with a huge dose of incredibly insightful.
Haylia Jones chapter 4 . 2/8/2010
really great fic. I am impressed. I found it chilling.
Haylia Jones chapter 3 . 2/8/2010
this story is awesome!
your tinsel tinkerbell chapter 4 . 10/29/2009
I absolutely *adore* this. Fuck. The characterization of the boys is brilliant, I can I just say that I love that this is h/c without the, you know, comfort part? XD Sometimes you just need the no chick flick moments rule to hold, you know? I especially enjoyed how everything is just hinted at in this, like Dean having street skills, and him going home with a girl and a guy without making a big fuss on the guy on guy part, and Chesley's taunting and how it pushed Dean off the edge but Sam still doesn't ask (maybe he doesn't want to know the answer), the bruises on Dean's wrists and throat (I think that side of Dean would come out at the lower points in his life) and just...man. I am fangirling over this, I really am. Thank you so much for writing (and sharing!) this. :)
Death-Muncher chapter 4 . 10/16/2009
I thoroughly enjoyed this story.

Your character development of Dean was quality.