Reviews for Lessons Learned
Cindy chapter 49 . 4/4
I was planning to read this for a few weeks, but to be honest, the story didn't really capture me. But I made myself keep reading, and it got better in the later chapters. I especially like your characterizations of everyone. No one is perfect, and people do have bad moods sometimes. I think my favorite part was the Meghan and James bit, and my favorite pairing is James and Kate. Quiet Scorpius is a nice change from all those other fics. In fact, I liked how your characterizations are different from all those other NextGen fics. Harry and Ginny having relationship problems is kind of sad, but things like this happen in real life. This whole story was realistic, which is a nice change.
Guest chapter 50 . 12/27/2014
One bloody hell of a story. Fantastic character portrayal. Looking up for the sequel
Guest chapter 9 . 12/27/2014
Lily's a bitch
Guest chapter 7 . 12/27/2014
Ok,I'm definitely not pissed with James.I find that at times he's whiny,but Lily's a complete and Rose should actually be getting along because they have the same personalities and mindsets,but other than that the story is awesome!
Dumbledoor chapter 49 . 10/27/2014
Was looking through my review history (I don't have a very good review:stories read ratio), and I saw my review of your story (chapter 50, way back in 2009). I seemed to have really really liked it.

So I reread some of the chapters.

And I absolutely love your story. Again.

Really, this is exactly how I'd imagine Harry and the gang's lives would be. Everything's just so perfectly chaotic, something that befits the Potter-Weasley clan. I especially love the resentment chapter with Ginny.

And how their kids turned out? Sure, they do seem extremely extreme, but the idea is realistic; it'd be hard to believe such well-adjusted children would easily come out of households that have had brewing issues themselves.

As for your portrayal of Draco Malfoy-brava! I ship DMHG, so yes I pay special attention to his character. And yes I always try to give him credit wherever possible. But your Draco gets five stars from me! Two thumbs up, three Michelin stars, and all that jazz.

I must admit though I haven't read the sequel. I know I've missed out on a lot of amazing stories just because of pure laziness and reluctance to start reading something new.

Anyways, I'm forever a fan now. It has been established.
Austione chapter 49 . 9/14/2014
Love this story! Great job on the characters and the different POVs worked well. Sad to see it end. Thanks for writing!
FlubberyFlobberworms chapter 29 . 7/3/2014
Hey there! I've been reading your story(I read Lost, too, just so I wouldn't miss anything but I shall review that later) and I just had to post a review bc I AM LOVING IT SO MUCH!
I started out hating it a bit bc the way you portrayed the characters are so completely different from what I have always been reading and I didn't like that these teens were so screwed up(can't a girl hope for an idealistic world?) but as I continued, I realised that this could very well be what actually happens.
The only downside to the story is that it's filling me with so much angst as well that I'm starting to get cranky for no reason hahahaha
I absolutely hate your James Potter, but I hate Lily even more. I can't believe I'm saying this bc their namesakes are my OTP, but yes. Your writing is really incredible; I can't believe fictional fictional characters(and yes, fictional twice bc this is a fanfic!) are making me feel so much. If I had to rank the characters so far, I'd say:
1. Rose(I can't find a single flaw with her tbh. I think her bitchiness is quite justified yay Rose!)
2. Hugo(He is adorable! Would be tied with Rose except he seems to have no backbone whenever Lily is concerned...bleagh)
3. Albus(He used to be such a doormat! I'm so glad he's finally standing up to James. James deserves the choking. Is that mean? Idc. I just hope he doesn't ruin his relationship with his parents!)
4. Scorpius(I love that he's finally talking more to Rose! And I really love your characterisation of him, too :) Just that he doesn't stand up for anything else soo...)
5. Harry/Ron/Hermione/Ginny(I love your characterisations of them. Quite spot on, I believe!)
Hate:
1. Lily(Why is she so incredibly spoilt? How is it that HARRY, sweet, wonderful, appreciative Harry, and my fav character in the series managed to produce such a brat?! I'm kind of glad she's crying about the divorce(WHICH I HOPE DOES NOT FOLLOW THROUGH BC MY OTP AS WELL) since she finally seems like a human and not just a whiny, stuck-up ditz.)
2. James(HOW COULD HE DO THAT TO ALBUS?! First with quidditch now with Meghan? I really, truly despise him. I really hope you manage to redeem him well enough though bc he seemed wonderful, if annoying, in Lost)

Sorry if you don't really care about people's opinions of this story anymore, but I had to let my feels on this story out somewhere and I figured telling the author would be best :D
Thank you so much for writing this!
Alice L chapter 1 . 6/23/2014
I don't think that your characteristics of Al are precise, but by all means, I do admit that I think he would be very sensitive. I like the writing style though! One thing I don't like, is Hermione and Ron constantly at each other's back. I don't think they would always be like that, but if I was going to be dropping my children somewhere and my husband was sitting watching TV, I would be pretty mad.
Donal chapter 31 . 5/17/2014
I get that you don't hate Ron, Ginny, maybe not Hermione, but you really don't seem to like Harry. He's being a huge dick to his kids, especially James.
Donal chapter 23 . 5/17/2014
I take back what I said about James. He's a shitebag and he's gone way too far.
Donal chapter 20 . 5/17/2014
I didn't like James at the start, but, from what I'be seen, he has a point about his parents. I think he should have sent the letter, just for the reaction.
Donal chapter 18 . 5/17/2014
What's up with All? I mean, I know James humiliated him, but that doesn't mean he can be a dick to his friend
Donal chapter 11 . 5/17/2014
Yeah... I really don't think James should be such a dick to Al.
Donald's chapter 8 . 5/17/2014
I'm sorry, but, what is wrong with Rose? She's going after her friends ex-boyfriend and thinks it's no big deal? Dafuq?
SophieNewman chapter 6 . 5/9/2014
God, no, I don't think James is a bastard, or anything of that sort. I think.. that he made the practical choice. I mean, choosing your brother as the Seeker just because he's your brother is completely biased, no? So, yeah. As much of a wanker James Potter is, he's fair, and I like that. :)
1,335 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »