Reviews for Laughter
John Smith chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
Ooohhh my gosh! Oh my GOSH!

This is so adorable! I don't even.. I... AH! So good!

I'm so glad I read this. The summary pulled me in even though I am ridiculously, hopelessly attracted only by stories focusing on one or both of the Kaiba brothers (either one, really, I love them both and AH LOOK I'M DOING IT RIGHT NOW, WHAT DO THEY EVEN HAVE TO DO WITH THIS REVIEW?). Um yes but anyway, even though I'm usually only interested in Kaiba brothers stories, the eloquent summary pulled me into this one, and I'm SO glad that it did. This story is absolutely gorgeous.

It's written with such a gentle but strong voice, one that suits the content well, since it's so very introspective. Other than my little filthy rich woobie darlings, I have always found myself most interested in the relationship between Yugi and his other self-which is not something I like to think is even remotely romantic, if even because they both know it's not something they could possibly act upon. And at least the Pharaoh would have the self control to avoid such a... damnit why am I on a tangent again?

I felt like you depicted both of these deep, thoughtful characters extremely well. Granted, 'extremely well' can mean 'in a way that I personally like' just as much as it means 'in a way that actually captures how they act in the show,' but in this case I promise I see it as the latter. (And thus the former, latently.)

The content was flawless too, I think. It was a simple moment-but those would be the times where Yugi and the Pharaoh wouldn't be distracted by drama or external things and would have time to be introspective. I feel like you captured very believable thoughts by both of them. The fact that their minds both wander to the laughter of the other is also testament to their bond and similar way of thinking. It's SO GOOD. This little story is SO GOOD! Wtf! It's so good!

It's so good. Instant fave, and I may be tempted to give these two way more attention due to you. DUE TO YOU AND YOU ALONE.
HouseRox chapter 1 . 11/25/2009
AW!
bbissocute chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
Adorable. Simply adorable. Lovely job.

bbissocute
Yuhi Sakura chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
I love this story so much for a few reasons.

1) You are so good at keeping to the characters' orginal personality types.

2) You really do a great job showing the nature of Yugi and Yami's relationship without the yaoi stuff I find so detestable (no offense meant to homosexuals, for those reading, I just don't like yaoi/yuri fics).

3) You add interesting and unique elements to the story that aren't discussed in the show or the orignal manga-Yami's energy field, for example.

4) You really delve into character motivation.

One bit of criticism: That could have been a bit longer and I think you could have done a lot with it. But all and all, it was an excellent story!
Just-ME-and-no-one-else chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
Kawaii...I do so hope you continue this soon!
Umbrae Calamitas chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
Oh. I would definitely be interested in reading a sequel to this, when Yugi does get Yami to laugh. Nicely done, expectedly.

Umbrae
nupinoop296 chapter 1 . 8/4/2008
:D That was good! Yeah, they need to get Yami to laugh. :3
Tjix chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
That was sweet. My heart always aches for poor Atem-such a dark, serious-minded person. He needs Yugi more than Yugi needs him, I think. Or perhaps simply equal. A partnership, like you said. Anyway, that was a well-written one-shot, and really sweet. I hope Yugi succeeds in his quest to make Atem laugh.

Ja ne,

Tjix
Hakurei Ryuu chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
i absolutely loved this one. a lovely portrayal of yami and yugi's existance in relationship to one another.

something i've noticed about the manga. there are times, occasionally (very rarely), when yugi does something that is just YUGI. yami can either be surprised, proud, thoughtful, or any number of other things in response to that action, but if you look at him, there's something different in his expression. i don't know if it's the fact that he's not scowling (that seems to be his permanent expression lol), but his entire face changes. he looks younger, lighter, more relaxed. like whatever it was that yugi did or said took a bit of weight off his shoulders. and really, that's what their relationship is truly about. and that's what i love about the yugioh saga as a whole: they both have something to learn from the other, though few people recognize what yami learned from yugi. it's taken as trivial and given about the same ammount of credibility as Tea's friendship speeches, but it's my favorite part of the story.

Ryuu-chan
Hime no Ichigo chapter 1 . 5/18/2008
Short, cute, and although not shounen-ai, I am glad I read this little one-shot - it's an accurate description of both Yami and Yugi. IC and believable, indeed. _

kaoru; hime no ichigo
Gamekatt101 chapter 1 . 5/17/2008
For being inspired by a single word, this was a really interesting story.

Yugi's concern for his "other self's" loneliness and the promise he makes to help him...

I say its safe to assume by the note at the bottom that you're going to continue this?

I hope you do, because I want to see how Yugi gets Yami to finally loosen up and enjoy life.

Katt
MyAibou chapter 1 . 5/17/2008
Very nice! It's so true that Yami doesn't laugh in the true happy sort of way. And all the reservations about taking over Yugi's body when there wasn't an enemy to face... dead spot on.

The only thing that I kind of tripped over was your use of "the spirit" in the first paragraph. I read it as the sort of generic "the spirit," like "the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak" and it took me a second read to realize you meant it as a descriptor for Yami. I don't know why it feels too generic there... maybe because it's the very beginning of the story and there hasn't really been an introduction to Yami as a spirit? (shrug) Not sure. But just thought I'd point it out.
Isis the Sphinx chapter 1 . 5/17/2008
Aw...friendship fluff. I like how you have the situation from the different POVs. Rounds out the story nicely. Keep writing!
D-Watson chapter 1 . 5/17/2008
Cute story, and lovely subject matter. It's refreshing to read something that actualy sticks to the canon themes. Although if I may be blunt, I get the impession that Dark Yugi's characterization is floating somewhere between the dub and the original. I guess I just see him as a pretty social person, what with how attached he is to his friends and all.

Still, this was a very good read :).
frenziedpanda7 chapter 1 . 5/17/2008
Yatta! This is cute! Will you let us know when Yugi gets Yami to laugh?