Reviews for Bits and Pieces
CutieSOS chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
powerful
ohdeariemegoodness chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
fantastic! darkfic is the best fic, for sure.
punnylove chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
Amazing. Few people who write about Katara do her justice-but you certainly did. People forget that she's strong, powerful, and a warrior-not just the mother-figure that the others depend on.

Please write more Katara-centric fics!
Tuna Salad Sonnet chapter 1 . 2/18/2009
Oh, this is /gorgeous/. I'm terrible at communicating these sorts of things but basically, everything was perfect. Kept and held my attention right from the beginning. Love love love!
Life of the Shadows chapter 1 . 2/8/2009
God, must you make me cry?
sweetwatersong chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
Oh, -ouch-. ATLA is a kid's show and so can't be entirely realistic about the things this war is doing to the characters, the people; it also makes it easy for us to overlook them too. This is a sobering painting of the cost and the burdens Katara - as well as the others - bear. I thought your freewriting technique wasn't disjointed at all, and brought out some incredibly powerful imagery.

Well written, and as heartbreaking as it is, well worth the read.
flower213 chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
Wow. This was really deep. I hope this doesn't happen to them. It's sad that nothing happy came from this. This was a great story.
onceuponachildhood chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
Wow.

That was amazingly deep and beautiful.
ohsoxalive chapter 1 . 5/17/2008
Lovely, beautiful job. You captutred Katara wonderfully. I loved how you described the fate of each character. You really got them right on character. Especially Sokka and Suki.

Wow, I reallyreally enjoyed that.

karen
coteriedufromage chapter 1 . 5/17/2008
~;_; You wrote about the toll of the war so well.
ktsvillefan chapter 1 . 5/17/2008
really great story, i enjoyed it from the beginning to the end
usweib chapter 1 . 5/17/2008
Wow...That is one of the most moving pieces of fan fiction I've read...it isn't raw, or shocking, but all too intimately REAL...It is the flip-side to the "valiant struggle" that rarely is spoken of. Thank you.
Pirate Bob chapter 1 . 5/17/2008
Ar, Lassie. This story reeks to high heaven, and e'en God himself wrinkles his nostrils at it. A poor work of fiction, if I do say so, for it seems all too real and scares the dickens out a me. Shiver me timbers! Writin' at night is unnatural, uncouth, and nothin' e'er good came a it. Let me words be a warning to ye, Lass. Ye must learn some couth in your art, or ye'll have the likes of me ta torment ye forever!

FYI, there'll be a real Avatar story up soon on me deck. Ye'll have a chance ta learn what good writin's all aboot.
sparky-poo chapter 1 . 5/17/2008
loved it :)

I liked the part about Toph and Zuko were sparring when they're not teaching Aang, and they're playing dirty. I can see both of them doing that under the pressure of war (and teaching the avatar). They can't train dirty with Aang, so they chunk stones and blast fire at each other.

Katara's POV was brilliant.