Reviews for The Only One
Kath chapter 9 . 9/18/2009
Thanks for a wonderfully satisfying ending to Stargate: Atlantis. I appreciated your author's note at the end, and agree with your comments, especially about the character of Weir. Such great chemistry between Weir and Sheppard ultimately wasted. Thanks for sharing your story.
Ianthe-Echo chapter 9 . 6/19/2008
I totally agree with your author's note.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 9 . 6/18/2008
Mighty superb ending you've put to this tale, TCW...mighty superb indeed!

Definitely have to give you props for the realistic ending of Weir & Sheppard having a plausible romance with speed bumps and good times in equal measure, where they don't live to be super-old and surrounded by boatloads of kids, grandkids and great-grandkids AND where political asshats stumble about trying to sabotage their relationship on "principle." It's not smooth, its not's real. And it definitely honours the characters of Sheppard and Weir in the right kind of way.

Also? You're not alone in your feelings for Lt. (j.g) Meg Austin vs. Major (later) Colonel Sarah Mackenzie. Didn't despise Meg, but I agree that Catherine Bell totally worked her role with serious ability to have a realistically flawed but admirable female Marine ;D

BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 8 . 6/15/2008
Now THAT'S how you end a story! With one hell of a suggestive image and a whole lot of "Damn!"

Fabulous work you've done here, Cat's Whiskers! Definitely am in awe :D
belanna30 chapter 8 . 6/15/2008
Wow... While interesting in the large amount of inner dialogue it was in the end kind of a romance.

While I enjoy John, the reactionary, personally I believe he also has a lot of forethought.

An enjoyable story. Thanks for sharing.
Pirate Queen's Trusted Advisor chapter 5 . 5/28/2008
This is freakin awesome. Love the inner dialogue. You've been very honest about what goes on in John's head.

I adore your style. You could make Roses are red, Violets are blue sound witty and genuine with that voice. Having thrown in an interesting plot, you've got yourself a winner.

Keep it up, I look forward to more updates!
Valieara chapter 5 . 5/26/2008
I can't imagine why there isn't more feedback for this. Nice job! John's characterization is just that much different from the standard in Atlantis fic that it's refreshing, and yet doesn't grate. And it's always nice to see an AU with Elizabeth safe and sound. The only thing I would have to comment on, though I'm hardly one to talk, is that maybe there's a little too much introspection in the middle of conversation (though I did particularly like this chapter with Elizabeth), and that might be turning people off.

Again, nice job; waiting for the next chapter. :)
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 4 . 5/20/2008
You know you rock, right? Cuz this story? All kinds of proof you can blow people's minds with your writing. You channel Joe Flannigan's John Sheppard to a T...and the Replicator!Weir-John attempted seduction? Would have showered the show with awards galore had this been an actual episode :D