Reviews for The Best Laid Plans
Lovemichi chapter 7 . 1/3
It was great to read this story. I laughed and really enjoyed it.
I loved it!
Brool Story Co chapter 7 . 6/11/2020
This really is a masterpiece. Hilarious and touching. Bravo.
Brool Story Co chapter 1 . 6/11/2020
This is art.
Author0fntent chapter 7 . 9/23/2019
Let me just say I am thoroughly impressed with this particular tale. It was akin to a good blend of:
-30's cinematic screwball comedies (with Tracy and Hepburn-esque banter)
-the school grounds hi-jinks of an Archie comic
-the interpersonal comedic sensibilities of a 70's Woody Allen movie
-the absurdities and inanities of a Seinfeld episode
-the teen angst of a John Hughes movie
Guest chapter 7 . 12/30/2014
Okay, that plan works. That was evil Asuka. ...Hikari is very scary... Well, her breakdown went better here then in canon at least... All's well that ends well I suppose. ...Holy shit, he is good! Scheming is in his genes... That was a very good ending...
Guest chapter 6 . 12/30/2014
...Is Touji in on it? No, just distracted. And he is now allied with the Asuka Empire, followed by a sudden counter-attack by the Hikari Republic. It's fun to thing of this in military-stratigic terms! TO WAR! Rei is the master of this battle... ...That doesn't seem all too healthy there. And Rei is still winning here. ...Kaji is just like Touji. There attempts to make each other jealous is adorably hilarious. ...Well, that escalated quickly. Is he messing with her? That is depressingly like far too many fics on this site.
Guest chapter 5 . 12/29/2014
I wouldn't mind reading some of those stories myself... Oh wow, I thought Tarbis was in one of his crazy spots, like the manga or something for a bit there. ...Okay, Asuka seems to have snapped a bit. No, she's just being a bitch. Again. Yes, you do. ...What? ANOTHER PLAN?! How far does this go? ...They are becoming very good actors if they can sell all this to everyone. ...Please don't end up like your dad, Shinji. ...No, you seem to still be able to tell your Yui equivalent no and lie to her. For now at least... Please don't become Gendo about her, though. ...That food is disgusting. ...Is Rei trying to set up Shinji and Asuka with her own plan, that while being probably the only person in on it, is still the one best set up to win? She really is Yui's clone. Huh. It seems like a new front was just opened up, with a secret alliance in the works behind the scenes...
Guest chapter 4 . 12/28/2014
...Huh, I never noticed that. And did Rei make a joke?! She is technically everything there but evil, that part's all Gendo. Okay, Rei's reactions to people, and their reactions to her are hilarious. ...Did the Katsuragi maneuver just get used on her? ...Wow, she really is a bit bipolar about this, isn't she?
Guest chapter 3 . 12/28/2014
She is very good at this. The constant jokes on canon are both ironic and hilarious because of it. The last few omakes are far too much like far too many writers here.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/28/2014
Good enough explanation for that mess for me! Of course Asuka. The heck is Pen-Pen doing?
scorpioneldar chapter 3 . 3/2/2014
i love dark ryoma though his second sceen was quite funny to me if a little sad
and yes he would love that end
im enjoying your story well done
alokin chapter 7 . 11/25/2009
Ahahahha !

Hikari with a knife !

Where do you get these ideas man ?
alokin chapter 5 . 11/25/2009
"Touji continued to stare blankly at Kensuke, his mouth hanging open in amazement at his friend's candor, and the fact he was still struggling to get past the net nanny software his sister had accidentally installed from her Cosmo Ranger Tubbies site. To this point he had only been able to download a GIF file of an old lady in speedos. "What?" he said, finally noticing Shinji's inquisitive gaze."

Oh man ...

That one was EPIC ! Ahahhaha !
Heliosion chapter 7 . 10/9/2008
A great wee piece of fiction. Good work and Ill have a look into your profile right now for more good stuff
Materia-Blade chapter 7 . 8/15/2008
One thing to note. Up till now this fic was great but dammit this chapter jumped around so much that it gave me a headache. You were desperately trying to go with comedy while simultaneously plugging Romance in there when it should have been the other way around.

It was good enough I guess but this end kind of disappointed me. I knew Shinji was gonna end up manipulating a shit ton of people right from the first time He and Kaji spoke about it. I'm somewhat surprised you involved gendo and even more disappointed that the epilogue didn't include any quips from him.

Admittedly the Asuka/Shinji Romance shines through, but sadly I think it was ruined by just how much you jumped around. Great fic right up until the mass character fight when it became apparent Shinji and Hikari were dating. It just all went to hell after that, relegating the fic in it's entirety to 'good'.

Meh.

Sorry but it's how I feel. Cute ending at least.

Ja!