Reviews for Better Left Unsaid
macawtopia chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
Wow... even after all of the twists and turns of the original story, I didn't see that ending coming. Loved it though ]
Mrs. James Norrington chapter 1 . 9/6/2008
The beginning actually had me chuckling (albeit quite grimly). How very in character this is! It sort of makes me want to slap Maxim, though... :D Poor "I"!

You're right, that IS quite like Rebecca... I never thought of it that way. Fantastic work.
MarieChristine81 chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
As a Rebecca movie fan, I'm glad there's some fanfic out here. And I'm appreciative to see others enjoy good movies.

In reading the fic, I like the premise that Maxim is musing about police finding out about his role in the death of Rebecca. And about the second wife. I can tell that you want an element of surprise, but there's no lead up into why Maxim doesn't love the second wife. Your intention, I'm summarizing, is to say that the second wife is so simple minded that she won't know that Maxim is faking his feelings. But there's no why. And after the revelation, there's no follow through.

I think the story has potential, but needs a small tweak. But thanks for writing!