Reviews for The Golden Rose
ikliga chapter 1 . 10/25/2008
I'm impressed, such a wonderful idea to do a crossover with his dark materials! i really hope you find the time to continue this. (please) ;)
Virgoincarnate chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
I really liked this fic, it was wonderfully creative and actually made perfect sense character wise all around. Continue, please?
poo anonymous chapter 1 . 7/24/2008
Yah! I want more!..Please. D
20Below chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
Please continue! This was great, a really interesting take on the episode that took place between Natsuki and Shizuru in the garden. Very enjoyable read, thankyou for sharing! Hope to see more of this story soon *grin*
me chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
I hope you've decided to continue this, it was a very refreshing take on ShizNat. Although I didn't read any of the His Dark Materials books (heck, I haven't even seen The Golden Compass movie yet) I still liked your fic very much. It was cool seeing Natsuki's emotions through Duran. And with that short definition of dæmon from Wikipedia you gave, when I was reading I could feel that for them (dæmons) to have that kind of interaction, their souls (ShizNat) must be really connected...so it adds for that ShizNat4ever-fangirl in me to come out waving flags around...
VanillaSlash chapter 1 . 5/30/2008
Loved this spin of NatShiz! I've read the His Dark Materials series, and you're doing a great job of twisting the Child to a Deamon!
Kendra Wolf chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
I just want to say that I think this is a very good idea, and that it's worth putting more chapters up XD And while it was an obvious choice to do so I really like their childs as Daemons XD Since they couldn't talk in the show it's a nice change. And Kiyohime is as freaky/scary/awesome as I would have expected her to be XD

Please write more! *puts story on alerts just in case* XD
helleboros chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
Very cute ... and so typically Natsuki, too! :) I can totally see her like this, with Duran almost like a manifestation of her id, straining towards Shizuru/Kiyohime, and Natsuki following her ego, stubbornly wrenching herself away ... or at least, trying to :).

Albino Burmese Pythons definitely look very pretty, though one wonders how a person handles a daemon that can grow up to 9 metres in length (and up to 90kg in weight!), but can't be any significant distance away from you!

Thank you for your efforts. I for one would definitely read a sequel to/continuation of this story :).
DreamShadower chapter 1 . 5/20/2008
I thought that was very nice. Hehe, it's perfectly fine that you gave Kiyohime a snake form. Even if it is cliche, it works. I like how Duran shapeshifted a lot too. I do hope you end up writing more too. Very nice
Krael chapter 1 . 5/19/2008
I'd like to see this continued. His Dark Materials is undoubtedly my favorite book series, and this crossover is really well done.

The only thing I could say bad, is how you used the bold words. It kinda threw me off a bit, but otherwise it was fantastic.
Archer Darke chapter 1 . 5/19/2008
i would really really like to see this continued, even if it is just for one chapter. i want to see the 'lunch date', it sounds like it would be a very interesting event.

I've never seen a HiME/His Dark Materials crossover before, so you definitely recieve points for originality!

well, a great job i think. i liked how you managed to write in Natsuki's most favoured flower scene in a way its never been pertrayed before.

so, *thumbs up* for this, i hope you contuinue it!
Anti-Sheep Era chapter 1 . 5/19/2008
Please continue!

His Dark Materials in one of my favorite trilogies; it's amazing how you've managed to combine the two to form a genuine story, yet retain their distinct differences. I'm looking forward to an update :D
Arashi-Kurohyou chapter 1 . 5/19/2008
i really like this story! it was a brilliant combination of my favorite book and an awesome anime! i would also like to see a continuation!
Ryuhime12 chapter 1 . 5/18/2008
I liked it a lot; having read and enjoyed his dark materials, appreciated the my hime adaption of it. It made me happy, was an enjoyable read, and would really like to see more. Please? With cherries? I especially liked kiyohime's character. rawr!
taintedangel chapter 1 . 5/18/2008
good story!

would like it more if u cont. da story.

pls? lol.