Reviews for The Golden Rose
krugern chapter 1 . 5/18/2008
Hope you decide to continue this story. It was very interesting. I don't think I could see Shizuru's daemon as anything but a snake. I thought it was funny all the forms Duran took and what emotion he was representing. I cracked up at the interaction between Kiyohime and Duran. I liked how you explained why Natsuki's daemon kept changing and Shizuru's didn't.
lollerpoop chapter 1 . 5/18/2008
gah! to bad the story there's no continue to the storys

I think u write really good and the story itself has a good

feeling when u read it.

Please consider to continue this story...pwease?

:P
brightmoon78 chapter 1 . 5/18/2008
I rlly like the concept of the story. It would be rlly sad to end it there. Great possabiltys. I hope you continue soon.
Couatl chapter 1 . 5/18/2008
Woah.

Well, I haven't read His Dark Materials. I don't usually enjoy reading crossovers with elements from unfamiliar books/anime/manga/etc, but this has certainly caught my attention.

Vivid descriptions, and I loved Kiyohime. I'm going to go find an image of an albino Burmese python now - you wrote that part so beautifully that I'm motivated to overcome my laziness.

The characters didn't seem OOC at all, in my honest opinion. I kept laughing and smiling like an idiot all the way until my sister started asking me what I was doing. I suspect that my entire family thinks that I've gone looney now.

Anyway, I hope you continue this. It would be a dreadful waste of potential if you didn't - although trying to figure out what form Childs like Diana should take would be sort of difficult.

In conclusion, I adored this fic.

Have a cookie,

Kacrozawlf
Raineel chapter 1 . 5/18/2008
wow o.o really cool, and about the cliche thing, nah dont worry xDD things like that happen to me too -sigh- -cough- you should try continuing it, i like it very much
Shinata-Riyoko chapter 1 . 5/18/2008
This is very original, its great, the idea is fresh .. and the flow is amazing, great job
Kat chapter 1 . 5/18/2008
You definitely have to continue this! I've only read the first couple of pages from the golden compass but I think you've incorporated his ideas well. I'm interested in where you're going with this.
chyan chapter 1 . 5/18/2008
Oh, good story! I really like it! You must continue this story, please!
Ice Silver Crystal chapter 1 . 5/18/2008
Wow, nice idea! I love the His Dark Materials trilogy and having a HiME storyline on that is brilliant! Go you!
NoserName chapter 1 . 5/18/2008
Very well written— I love the style. Although I haven't read "His Dark Materials" (yet), I can tell that you've adapted your writing to suit its themes.

So far as plotting goes, it's also excellent. I enjoyed Kiyohime immensely, and after a picture scouring for "Albino Burmese Pythons", my opinion only strengthened.

At some point, I hope you return to the story, but it does take a long time to write, I know…
Chokolate chapter 1 . 5/17/2008
I’m really intrigued by how the story would end and the other characters’ dæmons. Please continue with the story. Looking forward for you next chapter.
WolfNightwind chapter 1 . 5/17/2008
Oh i love it! please please decide to continue it! i read up on the trilogy, kinda confusing and i didn't care for the ending...so i'm really hoping you'll continue this awesome idea but with a much better ending of course ;)

quick questions though, when they 'settle' the animal form is permanent right? so Kiyohime will always be a snake then? hm now i really want to know what Diana would be when she 'settles'. also...does it say some where in the books why the daemons (sorry can get the cool ae thingy) are opposite sexes? or was that created for this story because the Childs generally seem to be male with the exception of Kiyohime and Diana?

oh now see how caught up in this i am...now you simple MUST continue the story! lol :P
Urooj chapter 1 . 5/17/2008
it's really good story, please continue
ZialCrimson chapter 1 . 5/17/2008
Very good. Pretty much the only criticism I have is that it went too quickly; but that's only under the assumption that you'll continue it as a series. I sincerely hope you'll at least take that possibility into consideration as it is -very- well received in my case.
AppleFlavoredPie chapter 1 . 5/17/2008
Wow that was a very interesting one shot. Hopefully you d decide at one point to continue this because it is very good and I am very curious about the others characters' dæmons.
49 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »