Reviews for The Earl King Case
tripleransom chapter 1 . 10/17/2013
A hauning story indeed! If you really are baaack, you could do worse than to consider writing down the backstory of Holmes's childhood.
brit-lit chapter 1 . 5/11/2011
Still reading, but I noticed an inconsistency. Since Dr. Watson is a medical physician, shouldn't he be MD.D. instead of Ph.D.? Or is there a text reference to him having a Ph.D?
AutumnAtMidnite chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
Very intriguing premise, that I would love to see expanded but did work quite well as a stand alone.

I also have to say how wonderfully written and vivid this story was. It (IMHO) had a very gothic atmosphere, which is one aspect I love in this fandom but seldom see. So thank you for a refreshing read :)
Nova-chan chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
Very sad, and very well written. Thank you. :)
Ennairam Atrum Austerus chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
I beg of to thee, please write the story of his unlucky childhood. I am, to say at least, rather curious (my understatement of the century :P)

But seriously, your writing style matches that of Doyle, and you have potrayed the other side of Holmes well.

My compliments from me to you and the urgent request to continue this story which is from the beginning to the end very good!
Haley Moore chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
Oh please, I must know about his childhood! I felt as though I were reading from Doyle himself. Very very well done...minus the darned cliff-hanger P
PaperGardener chapter 1 . 6/27/2008
What a beautifully written passage!

This was just what I was looking for, so thank you very much.

There were some parts were I could hardly keep reading- I'm sure I was blushing at some points- poor, sweet Holmes...

Part of me really wants you to write the next story, but the other part of me is unsure if I will be able to tolerate anything else so emotional.

Also- I liked your smooth and fitting introduction.
Mysterylover17 chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
Very powerful story and great imagery. I know this is a one shot but I do hope to see more writing from you in the future. There are a few very slight grammatical errors but they do not take away from your narrative in the least and I can understand how they came to be; writing in the Doyle style is extremely difficult. I do believe you captured Watson's voice quite well. Brava!