Reviews for Gehenna
Antoine chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
I cannot say much about something so short, but for what there was, it was very well written. In just a few lines, we were drawn deeply into Altaïr's soul, as well as a little bit into Desmond's mind. The darkness we found in Altaïr was appropriate, in my opinion. Well done.
Vampire Queen chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
OOh, wow. Brilliant fic, simply brilliant!
Barranca chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Yes, it's better to go down fighting.
A Reviewer chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
Well written though I'm unsure how Altair can sense Desmond when he's long dead. :) Excellent nevertheless.
callalili chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
I realized that I faved this like five months ago, but neglected to leave a review, which, er, was rude of me, especially since I enjoyed this so much. I love your style and everything about it-you blend perspectives so well, Altair and Desmond and past and present together all at once, and then there's the tone of the piece, balanced between contemplative and extremely emotional, and it's very poignant and excellently done. I love your interpretation of Altair. I love the emotions, and how smoothly they flow from one to the other-abandonment to despair to fury-and I love how Desmond is in the back all the while, watching, and knowing that he isn't really supposed to be there. The whole interaction-if you can call it that-between Altair and Desmond is very meta, which can be tricky, but you pulled it off.

So part of me is trying to give a coherent review, but the rest is going SQUE OMG OMG I LOVE THIS FIC LOVE LOVE LOVE!11!1 Your writing's awesome! I'm looking forward to more.
Avur chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
Oh WOW, this is one powerful piece of writing. The words flow together to create beautifully vivid (though a tad depressing) images in my mind. I liked the Altair-Desmond connection here. Good work!
auburn-haired-sadist-XD chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
Very well written! It was so dark, but beautiful at the same time.

And I agree with the person who said that they liked that Altair could feel Desmond's presence. And I liked how he had an angry reaction to this. Poor Desmond...
Asthe chapter 1 . 7/31/2008
I really enjoyed this story, as short as it was. I felt that you could continue it if you wish but that it's feeling of incompletance added to the dark atmosphere of the story. I kind of hopelessness if you will

And while it's true that suicide was frowned upon during this time, it still occured. Even an assassin like Altair could be tempted to do such a thing after what horrors he is exposed too. And considering how much he doubted Al Mualim in the beginning I don't think he would be beneathe it, in the story it seems he even considers himself worthy of such dishonor.

Very amazeing job, the suicidal thoughts complimented it well.
Littleminnie chapter 1 . 5/20/2008
I think this is something you should continue with, or at least right another story in the future, you write wonderfully. Very descriptive and vivid. I enjoyed it a lot but I feel unfulfilled! There could be more to this!

Still great though. But I was going to say that Assassin's (and soldiers of the time too) did not regard suicide in any sort of favour. It was incredibly shameful. However, your writing makes us believe and so you can pull it off.

- Minnie
PsychoWing chapter 1 . 5/18/2008
Cool. It's interesting. I like that you had Altair sense Desmond's presence.
Lei-lassassin chapter 1 . 5/18/2008
I like the emotion you've put into this, very deep, yet simple at the same time; a good combination.

However, just one tiny thing: Assassins of that age believed it shameful to die from suicide, and thought it better to die by their enemies. And as Altair is fiercely loyal to the brotherhood, I don't think he is the suicide. No matter though, you're writing is very good, which cancels out any historical errors.

I hope you will write a longer in the near future, I very much like your writing style.

Leilah