Reviews for Whatever you do, don't let go
miXiZ chapter 20 . 4/7/2015
Very nice. Kind of angsty but that how things are around the death topic, I suppose. especially Sam's grieving was very touching, touched me deeply because I've had to deal with that exact topic the last 2 years. I'm glad for the happy end... of sorts :)
S-Jay494 chapter 11 . 3/9/2013
Loved this chapter (and great choice in the song). Wish I had found this story back when you first published it. Glad I at least get to enjoy it now. (Actually reread the chapter after queuing up "Hallelujah" on my iTunes for greater effect.) Nicely done.
ccase13 chapter 20 . 6/23/2011
What an interesting twist on Dean goes to Hell stories. I especially liked how Ruby DID betray them in the end, since she is a demon, after all.
Samantha V chapter 20 . 9/20/2010
Great story, so glad I stumbled across it. Really like how you tied in Dean's necklace and had Ruby come across as untrustworthy and evil from the get go. Didn't like it in the show when they kept drawing it out and had Ruby start the rift between the brothers that's still there going into season six.

The only quibble I have in the story is that Dean seemed to recover awfully quickly, going from being dead to walking around fine in basically a matter of hours.

However, that aside, off to read the sequel.
laily.spenstar chapter 20 . 4/9/2010
Hey Laura!

I come across this story from the sequel,The Darkness Within from DeanDamaged website.I gotta tell you,when I started reading it,there's no stopping me!I just had to read it all in one go!This is SO MUCH BETTER than the tv version finale for season 3(if I'm not mistaken).To Mr. Kripke,you better read some fanfictions too coz some of them are really good.

Let me stop ranting now I have to read the sequel ,I love this one very much!Good job!
asdfjkl chapter 20 . 10/8/2009
thank you.

i hope the sequel's up...

...'cause i hated seson 4! hated it! i much prefer your version xD

keep writing. please.
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 3 . 1/3/2009
Nice work. Your written is smooth, and you're giving lots of interesting twists :) Glad this is done and the sequel is started so I don't have to wait :)
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 2 . 1/3/2009
Sam's exposition in this is absolutely amazing. Really amazing. What a fabulous chapter. I am impressed. See favorite bits below:

But it made a difference, all the difference in the world, whether or not Bobby could see that. (wow-this is powerful)

crack a stupid joke about the awkwardness of their position (nice)

For the first time that Sam could remember Dean had looked absolutely terrified. (weep)

Dean's face always wore an expression, even in sleep. A frown, a slight smile, a relaxed look, a pensive look, something. (and more weeping)

This perversion of a brotherly moment was only the logical continuation of the crazy and surreal thing that was Sam Winchester's life. (very profound insight)

I realized that I hadn't been as lonely as I always thought I had been. (lovely)
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
Poor Dean. I mean, what else is there to say? The style of this chapter was effective :)
Aurilia chapter 20 . 12/19/2008
Wow. This was a fantastically woven tale. You do particularly well at making me feel what the characters are feeling.

I do have a small nitpickery thing to point out, however. It deals solely with geography as it pertains to SPN canon (the typos I noticed in the structure of the story are easy for me to ignore, these weren't): The town wherein the boys met up with Lilith in 3.16 was New Harmony, not New Hope. I know it's a pain in the arse to go through and fix something like that in already-posted chapters, but you might want to keep it in mind for future writings.

Again, I must commend you on a tale well-told that remained within the rules SPN canon has provided (even if it is now AU what with S4 out). I'll be keeping an eye out for more things from you in the future. Happy writing!
Aurilia chapter 18 . 12/19/2008
Yeah, there are times in one's life where the only courses of action are laughing or crying, and Sam had already done far too much of the latter in the last few days.
Aurilia chapter 16 . 12/19/2008
Glee!

I've never really liked the concept of Ruby-the-Freakin'-Special-Demon. You've managed to make her into a character that actually adds to, rather than detracts from, the complexity that is SPN.
Aurilia chapter 14 . 12/19/2008
I reiterate my earlier comment regarding WIPs and cliffies.

This is the second time you've cliffied with Sam getting knocked about... One would think you're too fond of causing the boy pain. (grin)
Aurilia chapter 12 . 12/19/2008
"...Hope can keep you up, but it can also crush you..."

Truer words were never written.
Aurilia chapter 11 . 12/19/2008
Schnikies! I actually fell asleep in the middle of this chapter (nothing against your writing, it was just the online equivalent of nodding off in the middle of a favorite book).

Thus far, I have to say my favorite bits have been from Dean's POV. I really hope he remembers who he is soon!