Reviews for Under My Skin
koryssa-kory chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
I'm five years in rather than six, and I'll be the first to admit that time doesn't make it better. I found distance helps a bit, but there are frequently days when I just want to see her and feel like I'm dying because I don't dare. She's happy, she got her man, and now I'm just sitting here watching and trying not to break down because she asked me to be her witness at their courthouse wedding last month.

I love your imagery and the way that you describe everything. Thank you.
La Ann chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
This is beauty.

You can just feel the pure and raw emotion pouring from your story, it's almost touchable. I listened to a sad song while reading this and it brought something wet in to the corners of my eyes. (Not admitting tears)

Is it weird that I prefer stories fresh from press than already read and checked from mistakes? I love to see that there is an actual person writing and that's how he/she would do it without help.

It's sad that you have been in a situation like that, (I don't know if you are anymore) and I could really connect with you in this. That's happened to me too, but lasted for 3 years before I just had to try and get over. Yes, there still is a small inkling that I'm just squishing, slowly suffocating it till it dies completely. Hopefully. The correct wording might be simply ignoring the feeling...

And I think that you're right that love isn't something full of lust. I find it also incredibly hard to write about love, so I mostly write about crushes. For it's so hard to explain.

But yeah. Awesome. Hope you keep on writing. I'm bad at ending reviews, for I rarely do reviews.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
I hope you get her and I send my respects to anyone who is crushing on somebody (gay, lesbian, bi, or straight)! go get 'em tigers! I know life is a pain in the arse. I hope I can get over who I like honestly (I'm bi and she's straight as hell) cause she most likely would kill me if she knew it was her I posted it about... Hope you have better luck! I send happy thoughts to you and everyone else who has clueless crushes!
Iggy Valentine chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
Having the story posted raw probably reflected more emotion since you're putting yourself in another characters position.

Six years is a long time, infatuation can only last three.

I think you've actually got me really curious how you managed to fall so hard for her and sorry to hear about the past trauma.

I'm no good with relationships but the advice I find most appropriate is tell her about your feeling, through a poem perhaps. It seems like the best way, if there's no results then understand your affections are misplaced and could be given to another. You deserve love!

I hope the situation is better for you now.
DancesWithDeath chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
I would say "I feel you,' but that would be inaccurate. There is little possibility that I know how you feel. But, I will say that perhaps you could remain friends and enjoy their company however you can. I do not presume to know your situation, only wish that it was better for you. E.
Eerie Iri chapter 1 . 10/6/2010
The story was amazing. Truly. I really liked how you did it from Dash's point of view.

As for you, I can't say it'll get better. That's something that varies from person to person. I will say, if you want it to get better, you'll probably have to work to make it better for yourself.

However, I can sympathise. I'm sorry that you're going through that, and I hope it does get better for you.
KInA chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
hi, i just read your story, and it really hits home because i know the feelings that your trying to get through in the story and i thank you for writing it, not many people do, let alone admit it, and i can understand because i have had similar problems for myself, all i can say is i hope something turns out better for yourself, because i know watching from the sidelines sucks, just do your best to be friends, i feel like its the closest i can get and it helps me out, if only a little, and the story was well written, keep up the good work, can't wait to read more

Email:
Tiffany chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
I'm sorry that your stuck in a situation like this, I know it must be hard for you. My cousin went through a similar thing so I can imagine ur pain. Don't worry, u'll find someone who loves you though.
Animeyaoimaster chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
Please continue?
bookworm3213 chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
I know you wrote this one a little while ago, but I totally know what you mean. I got over it, but it took me three years... it was pretty much the same situation: me the queer girl, her the straight girl with a boyfriend
Sweetdums chapter 1 . 1/15/2009
When I started reading this fiction, I knew instantly when you started explaining the smiles, that I loved it. Then when I read your author note, it all made sense. Six years is a long time, and I feel for you deeply. My current relationship was started on a whim by her and one of our friends, but now I see that my feelings for her are a lot deeper than I'd ever imagined, and not being able to see her everyday kills me. I hope that someday you'll find the right one for you, if you haven't already.
Kaizerwave King chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Wow. This is good, really good I like it. I hope that you can coutiune.
oskalaboska chapter 1 . 6/10/2008
I actually like this one. I've never been in love per se, but I've never really thought of it as a very nice emotion. To me, love isn't really all that nice. Love is a great weakness that leaves you stripped bare of everything and that is why you need it to be given back because if your going to kill yourself over it, you'd feel a whole lot better if someone else was willing to do the same with you (i id mean that in a metaphysical sense).

I think you showed the emotions well, because this is a something that you really aren't able to define with accuracy, so the jumbledness (is that a word) fits.

As to you personally, I can't say anything that would not be pandering other than I'm glad I'm not in your shoes (please don't take that in a mean negative way) and that I hope and pray for a happy resolution to your situation for I believe that everyone deserves happiness (be it by themselves or with others).
Murder Junkie chapter 1 . 5/20/2008
It's rare for me to be glad that I can't maintain any one emotion longer than a day. The thought of being so obsessively in love, knowing it'd never work... Hell, I'd probably end up killing the person, just to make it stop! *winces* But then, I'm legally insane, so that's probably a bad idea...

This could benefit from being beta-read, then re-written. Getting emotions down right, so that others can understand and empathize with them, is a very hard thing to do. Having someone understand the sheer magnitude of your feelings... Writers have struggled with that for centuries.
Blue-with-purple-polka-dots chapter 1 . 5/18/2008
Wow, that fic was great, real intense emotions- I wasn't surprised to hear that you are drawing from your own experiences, the fic FELT real.

I'm so sorry mate. I wish there was something I could say. But I guess there's nothing you can really say about such a thing. It probably won't mean much to you, but I'm bisexual, and although I didn't 'fall in love' per se, I did have an intense crush on a girl for quite a while back at school, about a year or 2 not 6,- but yeah she was straight. Coupled with this was the very fact I was a christian (in the background of services, but I sure as hell believed) back then, so basically that didn't help my self esteem. Nothing like the fact of some of your classmates saying how such people burn in hell. Yeah. Did not exactly help.

Sometimes I still think back to it, and wonder if I should have said anything, we kind of drifted apart after we graduated.

All I can say is that I can somehow relate to what you said. There's nothing anyone can really say to make it better hun, its shitty and it hurts. All I can do is sympathsise. I never told anyone, so at least you're braver than I ever was.