Reviews for Silent Reverie
sailor gaav chapter 13 . 3/19/2009
No reviews? I guess I'll be the first. I thought this was a cute little story, and I liked your script style. It could get a bit corny in places, but overall, I enjoyed it as an OAV continuation. I know that Heroic Knight is the official Lodoss "sequel" but I read this story on a different site years ago before I knew anything about the novels, Heroic Knight, etc., and I still think it works as an alternate continuation.

You make good use of all the characters - everyone seems to be in character, and everyone has something to do during the story. Especially liked the ambiguity of Pirotess's motives.

I have to make special mention of the way you used Liara. A lot of authors either add their own original character to the story, or they take a background character without much personality and turn that character into their author self-insert. I thought you did a good job of adding Liara to the cast without making her a self-insert Mary-Sue type character. She has a reason to be there, and some personality development, but she is not the main focus on the story, she doesn't suddenly become super-competent and save everyone. She doesn't get in the way of the other characters getting their own development. You managed to make me like her. It worked.