Reviews for The Cross and the Sword
CarnivorousOak chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
I love going back through old complete stories in search of little gems. This is great! I love how the Templar finally works out everything that just (almost) happened to him and can't do anything at all about it. I like how it revealed some of the old assassin's mindset as well as he was talking with Steven.
Suomenlinna chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
I almost feel pity for that poor man Steven. He'd better catch the next ship home. ;)
3466-0402 chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
(Just realised that I haven't actually reviewed this story). It's wonderfully written :) I do love that you wrote it in the point of view of a Templar, and that you made him so human and so normal and so not EVUUUUUL. The characterisations are beautiful, and the pacing is wonderful. I do like that the old man was an assassin! Thought he might have been, or that the finger might have been a coincidence, haha :P
Safety and peace!
3466-0402 chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
I can't believe that you haven't got more reviews on your fics! I saw your username recommended on tvtropes for best Assassin's Creed fanfiction - I'm glad I clicked. I'm going to start from the beginning and read all your AC fics :P I'm incredibly excited! I saw the first chapter of The Word of God and the Treasures of Wisdom, but then I realised that it was a sequel, so I shan't read it yet. But I want to say that I find your characterisations of Malik and Altaïr brilliant! You definitely did them justice :)
Unknown chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
Oh that was a good story. I very much enjoyed reading it.
FloatOn chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
Very well polished and concise story. The old man being an assassin gave me chills... Very well. Very good word choice the only problem I had was just the name "Steven" since it reminded me of an old classmate. Well done.
twin01 chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
Awesome. Great work! It was very believable.
Antoine chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
Your story was brilliant. The dialogue and action flowed sublimely, and there was no point at which I was confused regarding what was happening. Every little detail was perfect, without being overbearing. For such a short work, it was truly masterful.

Thank you for writing this for us. Well done.
KuroKage1717 chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
Hahaha! Nice! And that part about eating babies...*shakes head* I read the same line in one of your other stories, too. :D
Lady Shellshocked chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
Awesome story. Scary and somehow mystic. Nice!
Vampire Queen chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
I died laughing when the young boy came and said he was the scribe. It made me wonder exactly which brother it had been, perhaps a random one, but I did wonder never the less. Many thanks again for uploading this story!

Peace and Safety
Avur chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
Wonderful story from a difference perspective (Templar as opposed to the Assassins). I love how you made your main character believable, not superbly evil with emo thoughts. I got kinds suspicious when the old man had a missing finger, but I too thought he was too old to be an Assassin (they are indeed cunning creatures). Very nice pacing and awesome twist!
wisdomweilder chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
holy sh*t...HOLY SH*T! That almost gave me a heart attack!

I suspected the guy was an assassin the moment steven acknowledged the missing ring finger. I thought the assassin poisoned him or was going to kill him or something!

I love your writing style, it keeps me so engulfed in the story. I read all of your Assassin's Creed based works. I think it's so cool that you based them on actual history while remaining true to the game. It gives it a sense of realism.

Your stories are so suspenseful!
ImperialJedi chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
Oh yes, I did enjoy this fic much! It was awesome. I was kinda skeptical about Steven's name, but his character very awesome. I like how the assassin came to investigate the new guy. Thanx for writing! _

-IJedi
SpazzChicken chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
I did enjoy this :D

Steven's character made me happy-he seemed very natural. The subtle assassin was a awesome, too. Yay for subtleness! :D

(The quality of this comment is poor because I seem to have lost the ability to form sentences-my apologies. :P)