Reviews for The Heights
Minnadesailes chapter 52 . 8/28/2014
Hello

I started that fiction a long time ago but I couldn't read it and understand it just I did for now, just because my english was too poor. But now, I'm a bit more used to read in english and your story just hit me, violently, just as The "real" WH dit it...You perfectly developp this story, and the gaps in the original one story are now filled with your developpements...how many times I wondered what would have happened if Cathy didn't die..If she had come back to Heathcliff! Now, I know...and you know...the developpement you gave just sound perfectly right, true...Really, I love your fiction and please, don't stop it! Go to the end...or, tell me how it ends, please! ;-)
grace100and1 chapter 2 . 4/1/2014
*accidentally sent last comment before I was done typing*. A lot of the time, authors will write stuff based on past experiences (I do at least). For all we know, the little turtle and pit bull story could have been based on a true event. I personally feel story for you as a person; that you felt the need to bash the writer on such a insignificant detail. The story isn't about the pit bulls. Relax! Remember, not everyone is meant to be a teacher. Perhaps "educating" people is not your thing...
grace100and1 chapter 1 . 4/1/2014
To the person who commented below.

That is the most ridiculous critique I've ever read/seen in my life! Who cares what type of dog it is. That's not even the point of that chapter, it's just a little side story. A lot of authors write fr
Tarah B chapter 9 . 4/1/2014
Well I was enjoying the story until the pit bull reference... I'm assuming the specific use of the term "pit bull" was used for a reason, which is unfortunate. Referring to the turtle's killer as a "dog" in general would've been perfectly fine. Saying it was a pit bull suggests (to me, at least) that this particular dog killed the turtle because it was a pit bull. I hope you don't personally believe that pit bulls kill things because they are pit bulls, because I would feel sorry for you as a person. Even seemingly innocuous references to pit bulls being more violent than any other dog keep the general public from understanding that canine violence is NOT breed specific. Pit bull type dogs are NOT born violent, they are MADE violent by ignorant people. So I'm sorry if it seems like I went off on a tangent with this, but I do everything I can to educate people. Your story has been wonderful so far, but I can't continue to read it, knowing there is a possibility of the writer's ignorance on such an important issue to me. Based on Cat's character so far, I see her as someone who would be a supporter of animal rights, so honestly this whole pit bull thing just kind of ruined it for me. Good luck in your future endeavors. I do think you have talent, but I suggest that you think, or research, before you use such common misconceptions in your writing.
audreybabydoll chapter 5 . 3/27/2014
Wow this is the best fan fiction ever! My sister grace100and1 introduced me to this story, and now I am addicted. Being a huge wuthering heights fan, I thought this story was the closest to the novel as one could get with a modern adaption. I look forward to reading more tomorrow (so glad there are 47 more chapter's for me to enjoy :D)
Guest chapter 52 . 3/17/2014
Best chapter yet! I hope Cat will be ok, and Heath! What does he think he's doing, leaving Cat alone when she is very sick... Shame! (not saying that Cat is inoccent). I haven't read this story for a while (never reviewed, which was very silly of me), then I finally came back now (just read from chapters 46-52). You are so good at writing! I'm dying to know, will there be more? Chapter 53! Chapter 53! Chapter 53! Everybody chant with me. :D

I never looked at the website you were talking about in your bio, does it still exist?

Regards,

Emily (same name as the genius behind wuthering heights! Woo!)
Rebekah chapter 52 . 3/17/2014
This is so amazing! I've been lost in your story for the last couple of days. I do hope you decide to update this. You haven't done so in 2 years. :(
grace100and1 chapter 52 . 3/16/2014
OMG! I'm not even kidding, when I found this story I stayed up all night reading it, twice in a row until I finished to the current chapter (so, please ignore any delirious aspects in this review, I'm sleep deprived. lol) I am a huge fan of wuthering heights, and I must say that you've nailed the characters! I can't believe your descriptiveness in this story; I'm truly captivated! I always go through this monthly obsession with Emily Brontë's novel, and this has definitely been the biggest part of this phase (and will continue to be). I really like your writing style, and I literally have no criticism! I do hope you update this story someday, I will definitely be waiting. :) THANK YOU for writing this, I'm truly astonished. :')
(ok, NOW I can finally sleep. lol)
Guest chapter 52 . 11/27/2013
This is absolutely amazing!
I can't wait for the next chapter. :)
edwardloverr chapter 52 . 9/6/2013
Ohh Please update! I can't wait for the next chapter! ;0
Guest chapter 52 . 8/15/2013
Oh so good.
Aly chapter 52 . 7/6/2013
Are you going to update this or not? /3 :'( I've been waiting ages.
NATALIARENDON chapter 33 . 6/21/2013
Hello:

About something that you said before: "Cat and Heath aren't going to be one hundred percent Cathy and Heathcliff- I'm not that good. Sorry. Just see and take it for what it is...a fanfiction."

I think you are very good at this... i think everything is perfectly line by line... I'm just on chap. 33 and it is so good that makes me cried every time Cat is whit Heath as well when they are separate. I yous love it. Thanks.
Dennett chapter 5 . 5/4/2013
I am really liking this so far! The characters are all very well written.

Hope you finish this, as I see you haven't updated I in a while.
GG chapter 52 . 4/18/2013
This is really great. I'd say please continue writing, but I'm scared to know how it turns out considering that the original was so depressing at the end.