Reviews for Expressions
Kou Shun'u chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
pictures do tell a thousand words. very well written. always liked martha, and i could so see the curiousity about rose and the doctor eat her up.
l-girl chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
don't know why but I get the feeling this was right before the season finale. Anyway I loved it, although as someone who's been their herself I do feel sorry for Martha.
BananaBabe903 chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
Aw... loved this too! :) great work!
ann no aku chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
Amazing. Simply amazing. Martha never stood a chance. Still, you can't help but to pity her a bit, can you? Unrequited love and all that. But Rose and the Doctor belong together. Enough said.
All The Good Names Taken chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
The prose was beautiful and kept a wonderful air of poetry in the piece.

I loved the juxtaposition you had of Rose's and The Doctor's over-powering love to Martha's painfully unrequiethed loved.

I just, adored it. :)
Hawki chapter 1 . 10/31/2008
-Nice point about the Doctor's sleeping, or lack of it. Certain incarnations, the tenth included, have an energy that would seem to offset a human desire for sleep.

-One of the early paragraphs stretches on for quite a bit, where Martha comes across the picture of the Ninth Doctor and co. Division would have been good, though the references did not go unnoticed. It could be stretching a bit that Martha sees an older version of the Doctor when she didn't know about his regeneration abilities until the events of 'Utopia', but it still works.

Overall, the story works well. I think it's worth noting that this is the case even though the story is purely narrative, it's still readable, despite that monologue and/or dialogue in some form is usually required for a story to be readable. Characterization is also a strength. I've never been a fan of the Doctor being paired with anyone but still, the balance of Rose and Martha was still well done.

Overall, good job.
LittleAlbatross chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
I really enjoyed how you made the little bits of their lives so intricate to each other, like by having their clothes tossed about in each other's rooms. It was simple, and yet it said so much.
Scifiemz chapter 1 . 5/22/2008
sweet and wonderfuly written , need i say more :)
Laura Harkness chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
hm... nice last sentence. i like nice last sentences like that!

nicely, beautifully written. i'm not a big fan of over-angsty-ness (my real life if bad enough) but i like your stuff and i gotta say, i like this.

but now i gotta ask... do time lords sleep or not? some people (who shall remain nameless) write that they don't. but you write that they do. i guess i prefer to think HE does. and that HE dreams, too...

thank you!
bored2pieces2 chapter 1 . 5/20/2008
Aw, poor Martha. She found out the truth.