Reviews for Die Trying
momsboys chapter 4 . 5/29/2008
Wow you really make me hate Wilson. How could he treat House like this when he is so sick. I hope Cuddy finds out what Wilson said to House so she can help him get through it. I can't wait for the next chapter.
i luv ewansmile chapter 4 . 5/29/2008
Wow. Splendid update.
Fool With Many Names chapter 4 . 5/29/2008
Thanks so much for updating! I really love your story, and I'm looking forward to the next chapter! I had been expecting something a little more explosive from Wilson, though XD

Update again soon!
chaoskir chapter 4 . 5/29/2008
Poor House. I know he would hate that if he could read it but: Poor House.

Urrgh, very moving and very good written, thanks a lot for sharing. I'm a bit speechless. It's great.
scrapture chapter 4 . 5/29/2008
I love reading evil!Wilson. So many writers are afraid to go there. Yes I know he is hurt and grieving but I've been on the receiving end of a cruel, unfair attack by someone grieving, sucked it up and chose to stop the association. I like your portrayal of Wilson because I believe that canon Wilson has always had the kind of cruelty in him that he's just shown the man who's brain he damaged. So many writers keep trying to force a halo on his head and it just doesn't fit. You are showing him warts and all. Very good.
TombeDeLaLune chapter 4 . 5/29/2008

waiting for more...

thank you ...
lhoma320 chapter 4 . 5/29/2008
Wow! Another great chapter. Except now I'm crying again. What a surprise to see House took a taxi to work and then to run into Wilson in his very own office. God! I can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing this. I really love it.
lhoma320 chapter 3 . 5/29/2008
OMG, this is really great. You and I are on the same page. I thought the exact same thing when he tried to talk and she stopped him. Foreman even says something about he might not regain all his facaulties. I think it's good you made a comment referencing Juliabohemia's story but this is in a totally different way. This is one answer to that incredible episode and needs to be written. I love it. :D
G.E Waldo chapter 4 . 5/29/2008
I'm submitting this "answer to a review" only because I feel the need to explain what appears to be Wilson's irrational anger towards House in this story.

(bear in mind that a portion of the events in the plot in most of my stories I have "borrowed" from my own life).

I have no doubt that ones closest family & friends could suddenly act irrationally during a tradgedy or grief because what's happening to House happened to me. People close to me in my life acted this way, blamed me for the death of my father thougj he died of cancer after two years of suffering.

What stress and loss can do to people is astounding. Having been on the receiving end of malicious unkindness by those closest to me, I have seen first hand that hard work and sacrafice is sometimes rewarded with resentment and anger., even cruelty.

I hope this serves to clarify Wilson's unconscionable attitude towards House. Wilson is hunan and thus prone to illogical assumptions and grave error. Like us all, this is sometimes an unhealthy mechanism used to soothe grief.

*As for Wilson's love of Amber seeming to be awfully quickly arrived at, well - GUILTY! I met my husband of 12 years, we had two dates. On the second date I knew I was going to marry him. After 6 days we were living together. Sometimes it just happens like that.

(BTW, I am a fortunate writer in that I have a living example of a friendship like H & W's to observe. My hubby & his best friend of 12 years. They met in University and have never parted despite fights, anger...and embraces and deep seated care & love).
Jess chapter 4 . 5/29/2008
This chapter makes me wish that House and Wilson never reconcile! House could do better then *this* Wilson. I really hope House shows some spine and doesn't go crawling after him. And goes on to get himself better and getting his live on track again.

And Wilson can try finding someone else who actually enjoys the ruthless, manipulative bastard he is behind the normal, respectable, caring facade he presents to the world. Someone who *likes* him without the masks. And who accepts being used as the scapegoat for Wilson's own multiple problems and neurosis (marriages all failed solely because of House, never mind the cheating and rather spending Christmas unannounced and unprompted at the best friends; fucking his own dying patients; living 2 years in a hotel room; being depressed etc. etc.). And someone who rectifies all those cancer-diagnoses that weren't or non-cancer-diagnoses that were that Wilson and his department bungle up. He'll be looking for a long time I think! Maybe then he'll remember House's good points?

A clean cut now might be the best *for both of them*.

Wow, Wilson is sanctifying the Hell out of Amber and their purfect, everlasting romance of the century. I wonder what Amber would think about him twisting her - formidable - character beyond recognition postmortem? It's not exactly flattering to her...

And conveniently forgetting how much he, Wilson himself, enjoyed the battle for his attention and affection between girlfriend and best friend, fanning the flames, gleefully hogging the combined attention!

"Calling Amber Cut-Throat-Bitch in public, in front of Wilson." Because House absolutely didn't do it prior to the relationship. Or Wilson called her that too, come to think.

"Firing her even though she could out-think the other hire-ee's on her worse day." I remember how extremely supportive Wilson was of her. And how outspoken in his appreciation (beyond noticing her, *the bitch's* in his own words, looks late in the game) of her superior intellect, wit and diagnostic abilites. Oh wait- I don't, cause it never happened. House probably did it *just* to hurt Wilson pre-emptively anyway: miraculously divining the non-existing relationship already then! Nevermind that without Amber vulnerable and crying due to her losing the fellowship Wilson wouldn't have been able to do his sensitive listener!routine and they likely wouldn't have become a couple in the first place...

"Amber had been everything to Wilson." Yeah, when they've been together for all of 3 months- on a generous estimation. I bet he was just as amazingly in love with every single one of his wives and affairs, they had just been as "everything" at that point in all those relationships.

"Not that Wilson had wished it on House, but it was almost Karma." Ouch. So Wilson didn't wish it on House, he just feels it's *deserved*? Oh, well, that's different of course.

I suppose it's the grief speaking... But wow, I can't remember ever having been this irrational, unrealistic and hateful when grieving, or being told I was/had been. Nor people grieving around me when faced with tragedy and the loss of loved ones. But maybe I, as a low-drama-tolerating person, have subconsciously always associated with other low-drama-people? And that's why I find Wilson's reactions so annoying, egocentric and over the top?
Californiaquail chapter 4 . 5/29/2008
Um...I'm confused now. He's can't write his name but they discharged him and now he's at his desk? Did I miss something?
Sketchydevil chapter 4 . 5/29/2008
aw poor house! can't wait for Part V
thevigilante15 chapter 4 . 5/29/2008
great update!
Nyaar chapter 3 . 5/26/2008
Hi dear ) I'm here again :3 Yesterday I finished reading Click Click and I loved it to pieces *_* I love of you represent House there, and I think this is a great idea for a story. Plus, I'm dying to read about Wilson seeing the calendar... XD~

Well, onto this!

I've just finished chap3, because I've seen 4x16 on Thrusday and I didn't remember you were doing a fanfic about this. This morning I was delighted to see it

I've the dread feeling that it's something wrong with House because of the stroke, too, but I overruled aphasia because... well... House hurt his head on the right side, didn't he? O_o

I'm actually doing a research about them for my linguistics homework and everything I saw about aphasias was related to the brain's left hemisphery (that's where Broca's and Wernicke's areas are, according on what've read)

I've read too that some people (5% of righthanded, 30% of lefthanded) have their talking capabilities on his brain right's side... maybe it's the case XD

Dunno. What do you think? I'm curious!

Anyway! I love it. I can't believe Wilson's being this selfish after what House did for him. Really, it breaks my little heart... And it will break for sure if 5x01 goes this way. Cuddy is love, btw. Always defending Greggers... AW. And she brought him to her place... sweet. And the team *_* I love how them worry about House... *shot daggers to Jimmy* Get into your senses, damnit! XD
BSEVER chapter 3 . 5/26/2008
There's so much empathy for House all over the FFWorld after this heart-breaking Finale, I love it. For once, it seems that no one is going to try to defend Wilson, and that's just fair.

Your fic is dark, it's the least we can say, but it's the right tone. Everything has to get worse before it gets better, if it gets better, that's the core of tragedy. And it's beautiful. Well done, thanks.
134 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »