Reviews for The games we play
cozmikfaerie chapter 1 . 5/20/2008
this was a great fun read! Just what I needed after the season finale!
WindSpirit79 chapter 1 . 5/20/2008
This was very sweet, and creative. Lol. I'd wondered about what the boys might have done to keep themselves entertained while John was away. This is something I can see Dean doing. Good job.
JackFan2 chapter 1 . 5/20/2008
Ok, two words best described this: THIS ROCKED!

Seriously, with all the angst of the Finale and the long summer ahead of "Dean in Hell" and subsequent "Sam rescuing Dean from Hell" fics to look forward too, this one gave me new tears. Tears of happiness and I was very glad to have read it.

I can so imagine Dean and Sam not having much disposable income as kids that Dean got really creative to keep Sam occupied, coz a smart lil' brother can be a hard one to occupy. You gotta dig deep for stuff that makes him off balance. The intellectual stuff just isn't going to work. The word games were hilarious but the eating game, Mystery Morsal... and Sam accidently throwing the game back at Dean as a horrid idea... When Dean had been trying to do nothing more than his 11 year old best to keep them both alive.

You know, while John was out there risking his life to bring down evil, Dean risked his sanity and his heart to keep Sam alive and safe. Man, the sacrifices he made as a kid. I have an 11 year old too and a 16 year old. I simply can't imagine having anything less than two adoring parents to attend to them as we do.

Thank you for writing this. Damn. This summer will SUCK OUT LOUD!

Incidently, I've added you to author alerts and am going to start in on your WIP.. coz, I do love the tone with which you write, and the pacing. I'm betting I'm going to like your wip!
Rat chapter 1 . 5/20/2008
What an excellent story! I love the banter!
SupernaturalGeek chapter 1 . 5/20/2008
That was so sweet. Just the right amount of brotherly emotion without being out of character and you had their voices spot on.

I loved the stories of the games they played as kids, they were so realistic to them and the show, and just the description of Dean laughing had me giggling.

It was so bittersweet when Sam inadvertently said the wrong thing but I loved how determined he was to make it up and how he found a way. And everything he said was absolutely true.

Really great story, I thoroughly enjoyed it :)
20 | « Prev Page 1 2