Reviews for A Dance 'Round the Memory Tree
I-am-a-Firefly chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
Oh dear- they DO sound like the Bulgy Bears.
WillowDryad chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
Oh, that was precious.

I was listening to the song as I read, and it's lovely.

Thank you.
TaintedAngel26 chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
luv it Dearheart...

May the Lion be with you.
Bottle of Smoke chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
I'm so glad I stumbled onto this little gem. I had the same opinions as others about this song-'eh, not very good, I'll skip.' But after a few listens, I grew to like it. The instrumentation did it for me-I love the strings in the middle. And this story just made me absolutely fall in love with it. I'm adding you to my favorite authors, as it's hard to find good authors in Narnia these days.
Corilyne chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
You almost made me cry! I like it!
butterflymuppet chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
I have loved this song for months now, the melody and piano music always moves me- and your story perfectly encapslated all of that. I loved how you related it to Narnia's history, all through the highly likeable Nurse character.

And kudos for a cute little Caspian too!

Well done again, this was really good :)!
Sakura123 chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
Oh, the Irony. I was listening to this song when I clicked on your story. You incoprated the lyrics into this tale excellently; There was really something to chew on inbetween them and I think I got a little teary eyed myself, whilst reading Nurse's trip down memory lane.

I adore your little Caspian; His relationship with his Nurse is so sweet and touching. "Dance 'Round the Memory Tree" isn't my favorite Caspian OST song, it took awhile for me to get used to the vocals, but the melody is so nostalgic and forlorn, I can't help but enjoy it anytime I listen to it. Makes me think back to my days as a kid, enjoying the moments around me. Good times...

Sakura123
JealousOfTheMoon chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
This is beautiful! I'm not terribly fond of that song (probably because of the growly voices, ha!) but you've made me appreciate it so much more... Very lovely.

You suggested Bulgy Bears singing the song (which is funny because I have a half-written story that harmonizes with that idea that I need to finish and maybe you've just inspired me to...nothing to do with this song, of course, but you've jogged my memory) but another idea struck me: mightn't the singers be Badgers? 'Yours to remember' and all that. Works with the growly voices, too. Just a thought.
Dashone chapter 1 . 2/15/2009
Actually, when I heard this song for the 1st time, I imagined that it was Caspian singing this song for Susan. He was singing while he wished that Susan would somehow find a way back to Narnia, to stay with him this time. He was singing it while he sat right in front of the twisted willow where the Pevensies had gone through to go back to their world, still wishing that they had more time together.

I don't know about you, but if you had a love story aomewhat related to their's, you'll probably understand what I am trying to say here.

Just imagine, months after Susan & her siblings are gone, Caspian stares up to that willow, willing the "deep magic" to come alive and let Susan back into Narnia. A tear slides down his cheek, reminiscing their first and last kiss and the first & the last time that they were finally feeling their bodies fit within each other's embrace and they had to pull away bcuz one of them has to leave soon AND before their heartaches grow worse if they had stayed like that even for just a minute longer.

Every night, he's sitting right in front of that tree.

Every night, wishing that Aslan had at least made Susan choices of which world is her true home.

Each night, wondering what she was doing at the moment, or she has been lately.

Each night, he regrets that he was not bold enough - especially in front of Peter - to show what he really felt for her.

Anyway, this is an interesting insight of the song.

Hope you have more Prince Caspian stories to come, and I hope that you write some Susan\Caspian pairings.
Swanwhite2 chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
This is really lovely Dearheart :) I hadn't so good a view of the song before because of a comment like "What were they smoking" before I even heard the song. So I had that in mind and didn't really let it speak for itself. But now you've made me love the song. Plus I very much like the developement of Nurse's character.

Great work :)
MerrytheHobbit chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
Wow! That was wonderful. I always thought that song was interesting. I really like how you put it in your story. Most excellent!
Rauwen chapter 1 . 8/22/2008
I listened to the song as I was reading the story. What I good idea! I really liked it, and now I like the song better too!
King Caspian the Seafarer chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
Aw..that was really good. Nurse rocks. There aren't enough fics about her.

I never really liked that song before (hit skip on the CD player), but now I think I'll be able to see it in a different light. ;)

I like the story about the Faun. That was cleverly done. So sad, the way that Narnia fell. Hope must've disappeared with the Pevensies (or so the Narnian's thought).

Anyway, great job! I really liked this fic, and I'm adding it to my favs. :D

Lion be with you,

KC
Starsy Skye chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
Yes, that was definitely cool. Lovely! Lovely, lovely. I think I've only heard the song once, but it didn't matter. You've given great depth to Nurse. :)

This reminds me of the song "Christmas, Where Are You?" (from 2nd Chapter of Acts' album "Roar of Love" which is pretty much "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" expressed in songs) which is about the Narnians' longing for deliverance while under the thumb of the White Witch. Just thought I'd mention that.

Great job with this! It just about made me tear up.:)

Starsy Skye
Sapphire Warrioress chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
This is a sweet touching story. Your characterization of Caspian is adorable, and the nurse is a firm, loving woman. I just love the history you've given the song lyrics, very believable, and the glimpse you've given your readers of nurses's past makes the story all the more enjoyable.

This is a beautiful tale of steadfast faith, endurance, and the choice to hold fast to Aslan's mane in the darker moments of life.

Excellent work.