Reviews for Nail and Crescent
evolution-500 chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
I absolutely love this fic! As a huge fan of H.P. Lovecraft and the first QUAKE game, this was exactly what I wanted to see from a QUAKE story. It's brilliantly atmospheric. Well done!
Pen-Versus-Sword chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
Well done! I'm impressed by the Lovecraftian tone of your story. Gems like this make me glad I trawl the Pit from time to time. I'm not a Quake fan, but am ever in search of stories that capture my fancy. I am happy I found this.

I am so impressed by your tale that I have included it in my Hall of Excellence C2. I know, it's horror-my C2 focuses on angst-but I want people that might not normally read this story to see it. I'm willing to make an exception for such a great story.
Obsidian Productions chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
I keep an eye on the Quake section every now and then. When I saw your story, it looked into it briefly; since the description denoted intelligence.

At first, I only read a few paragraphs. But the paragraphs, the way they were written and the unique picture they began to paint, kept with my mind.

I have just finished reading the entire short story. I get the feeling that this is very different from the actual game; but bear no grudges as you stated that very fact in your preluded disclaimer.

I must say that this is probably the most unique story I've ever read on this website. It was very, very...strange. But then again, I can understand strange; as anything inspired by ID and H.P. Lovecraft would be.

I congratulate you on a job well done and hope to see similar novelizations of older, more obscure, surreal and abstract games.