Reviews for How To Save A Life
Hummingbird2 chapter 16 . 10/25/2012
That was truly excellent, and would've made for one heck of an episode, thank you!
crusoe89 chapter 16 . 2/5/2012
Wow, what an adventure! I really enjoyed this story. Thanks!
michelel72 chapter 16 . 12/23/2011
Very exciting story. Poor whumped guys!
Max chapter 16 . 1/8/2010
Good story, it could easily have been an episode. The only thing that I would point out is the bizzare way you have the other characters refer to Rodney as the "little man" or the "little scientist" etc. Rodney (or rather the actor who plays him) is only a couple of inches shorter than John, who is over six feet tall. That makes Rodney around 5ft 10 or 11inches - which is taller than Carson, Radek, Lorne and many of the other male characters. On top of that he has a broad back and shoulders (broader than John or Lorne or Carson) combined with muscular biceps. He is also heavily built, both stocky in frame and slightly overweight. In no way, physically or mentally, is he a "little man"! Even as a term of endearment (!) it makes very little sense. Possibly Ronon could get away with saying it, but given his digs at McKay's weight in the past, it seems rather unlikely that he would do so.

Calling or defining the less macho characters by diminutives is a bit of a bad-fic trope, and as this fic is otherwise so good, it was a bit jarring to keep seeing it. It reminds me of another, otherwise excellent, fic that I read which was spoiled by the last couple of pages. It featured John sweeping an unconscious Rodney into his arms and running five miles back to the gate with him effortlessly. Just because one character is a stoic soldier and the other is a whiny scientist, it doesn't mean that John automatically becomes that much stronger, or Rodney that much weaker (or lighter). John, who looks built for stamina rather than strength, would be hard pushed to even *lift* Rodney at the best of times. If anything it would have been more realistic the other way round!
LittleFinch chapter 16 . 3/2/2009
This has got to be one of my all time favorite Carson fics. I really admire your skill in writing and I'm not just saying that. I'm totally a fan! Please write more you are super talented.

I've question, do happen to beta read? I've been working on my first SGA fanfiction and I feel I may need a little help. It's an AU Carson centric with some sheyla on the side but I intend to have a little room for everyone. I'd really appreciate any help I can get. Let me know!

Thanks
angw chapter 16 . 1/14/2009
Carson's courage and fortitude enabled Rodney to be saved and the leadership on the planet to be changed. I enjoyed the Carson-McKay friendship.
Wee.Doctor chapter 16 . 1/5/2009
great story! i really liked it so... come'on write another story ;) nice work!

chris
FutureAuthoress chapter 16 . 1/1/2009
...AW! FINALLY, we see a happy ending to the seemingly-never-ending-ever-elusive story D I LOVED IT! ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! And no doubt I shall read it again in the future, if only to reminisce. D D D

-MEG
Themonsterinside-at-Hotmail chapter 14 . 12/30/2008
Great story, I'm just having problems accessing chapter 15. I can get chapter 14, and 16, but 15 refuses to load. and its such a good story too! I can't just go, on well, try again later. It's not fair. *sigh*
darkorangecat chapter 16 . 12/29/2008
That was a beautiful ending! I really love the last couple of lines and how Elizabeth held his hand. Wonderfully done! :)
MaggieL80 chapter 16 . 12/29/2008
Loved the story. Well-written. Emotional. The ending was okay, I was waiting for the "big" Rodney/Carson "let's talk" scene...Rodney was beaten, used as leverage against Carson, kidnapped then abandoned...there has to be issues somewhere.
TeacherGal chapter 16 . 12/29/2008
Great story. Loved the ending with Elizabeth. Can't wait to read your next adventure.
madamwolf chapter 16 . 12/29/2008
Aw! awesome ending to a great story and i'll keep my eye open for your next!
x Varda x chapter 16 . 12/29/2008
I was so pleased when I saw you'd updated (and finished!) this :D

Seriously though, the whole fic was excellent! I love prolonged Rodney whump and there are so few which also feature Carson. Thank you!
FutureAuthoress chapter 15 . 12/18/2008
O_O Whoa...I did not know that Carson had that in him! Well, actually, if I think about it, he did. He's always been the masculine sort XD

Anyhow, LOVING the story, DYING of anticipation, and I can not WAIT to read more! Keep up the GREAT work D

-MEG