Reviews for This Is How It Works
between the waves chapter 1 . 5/4/2013
Gah. This is so powerful, and so short, and so absolutely stunning. Well done.
SelenitaLunar chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
Oh this was great! I love fanfics about thinking and feelings the characters had.

It allow us to get to know them better. In this case Tony.

Loved this piece. You write very good.

I had a great time reading, thanks!
lilyamongthorns chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
In...credible. PERFECT! You understand them completely. I especially like the part about the suit. A lot of people assume that he built the suit with the initial intent on becoming a superhero, but I think he did it exactly as you said: to hide himself and still 'saves the world' for selfish reasons because he isn't completely changed yet. He can't just *snap* and be changed, no matter how much technology is embedded in his chest. He has to grow and find himself WITHIN the suit.

And this Pepper stuff...Oh man. Perfection. I always find it odd that someone like Tony Stark of all people is one of the only superheroes...if not the only...who has a 'stable-ish' relationship because many other people are so much more capable of having one than him. But that's Tony for you. He always surprises. And if he didn't have Pepper, I personally don't think he would EVER EVER have become a hero, because its just too easy to fall back into old habits.

Anyways. Ranting here, sorry about that. But this is flawless. Cheers.
lex chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
oh wow, that was all sorts of fantastic. well done.
daydreambuff chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
Oh this is beautiful. And gorgeous. And perfect. *sniff* Thank you for writing this.
deleteteled chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
aww
XxThe Penny TreasurexX chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
Aw, cute:)
midnightwaters chapter 1 . 12/18/2008
Words cannot describe how awesome this fic is.
Terin chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
nicely done.
esther chapter 1 . 6/7/2008
never seen the movie, haven't read the comics, skimmed a character profile on wikipedia.

didn't stop me from loving this fic _
Kadigan chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
As much as I can't really envision Pepper breaking down like that, this character study was too beautiful not to favorite.
Black White and Shades of Grey chapter 1 . 5/23/2008
Nice.

Like how you compared to how he thought it should be to how it is, and how he knows he has faults and doesn't necessarily try to change himself (but ends up changing some in the end anyway). That seems to be how Tony would act, really.

I like it. Keep up the good work. :P
Obi-Wan Jinn chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
very good. I really liked this.
Qk chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
Very well done!
chocolatemooses chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
That was one of the best fabrics for any fandom I have read in a long time. I loved the style. Holy crap, all I can say is Bravo!