Reviews for Vulpine Times
Lugia Lover chapter 5 . 9/12/2012
Love it! It is well written... A bit confusing where Sari (that's her name right?) like automatically knows or does stuff she shouldn't, like going by poke-instinct... But without any explanation to us readers. But I guess it's confusing to Sari too... Soooo.,. Ok whatev. Great story though, VERY unique!
PhoenixFTW chapter 5 . 1/9/2011
Interesting story. I'm sad to see that you've apparently abandoned it. Maybe you can finish it one you finish Harry Mewter?
Kagelung chapter 5 . 5/25/2010
Up-date soon please.

*Gives puppy-dog-eyes*
Tyler T. the Pikafan chapter 5 . 12/13/2009
It would seem that Sari's ability to Transform will have quite an impact on the story. I wait eagerly to see how it plays out. I wonder if she could even Transform into inanimate objects like when Ditto transformed into a book and a cannon and other stuff in the show. Probably not though because you seem (like myself) to like to give things order and explain how they do stuff, and personally I have a hard time thinking how one could Transform into something else that lacked DNA, let alone a brain or blood or anything to keep oneself alive with. It's weird how Sari has adopted her new form so well and so quickly. Now it seems normal to have 5 tails, and weird to only have one. It's hard for me to imagine to have any, though it'd be really cool to have 5, especially if you could use them with the same dexterity as a hand, or if you were a Raichu, a paw. Anyways, I should be reviewing your chapter more and musing on anatomy less. I hope that you won't go too fast now that your story will be moving "a tad faster". Time jumps too frequent or too spaced out can run a good story into the ground, especially if you're measuring them in months and years. I noticed that you continued your teasing this chapter. Who in the world are these two mysterious people? What do Mew and Mewtwo have to do with Sari's situation? What happened in the past that let Sari transform, and why'd she choose to permanently being a Pokemon instead of a Human? Will she ever get to meet Zapdos? So many questions! Also, I enjoy Sari's musings on stuff like the anatomy, physiology, and evolution (in its traditional form of natural selection) of Pokemon, herself included. It's stuff that I think I'd probably think about if i were in her place. It was weird that she reacted so little to her discovery of being temporarily male. I think I'd personally give changing genders more than just the cursory thought she gave it. I also like all the little human things she brings to the table like her game of kick the can. It gives her the feeling of being a real person with a backstory instead of being just a character thought up to fill a role in a fanfic. I really hope you poast another chapter soon! I'm looking at your update date and you haven't posted another one for nearly a year and half! Hopefully my reviews will do something to persuade you to write the next one. It'd be so awesome if you had one posted by Christmas. It'd be like the best Christmas present ever!(Pichu Puppy-dog eyes attack!)

Pikapi!

Tyler T. the Pikafan chapter 4 . 12/12/2009
Another great chapter! I liked that she seems to have learned transform; it seems like that little talent could come in handy in the future, not to mention make the story more interesting. It'd be cool to see from every Pokemon's perspective in your writing style. I liked the fuzzy battery metaphor, it made me laugh! I also think it's cool how Sari is adapting so quickly to her new body, but doing it through hard work instead of just settling in by instinct or something. So many good stories have been ruined when they did that to their transformee. Speaking of instincts, I notice that a few of hers seem to be kicking in here and there. It does worry me though that she's forgetting things like the name of a faucet. Stuff like that usually foretells bad mental consequences in the future. Oh, but it was cool that she has pink eyes (though if you were to look at her they'd probably clash horribly with her fur) [JK]. What is in store for her now that she's learned she can still transform? Will a Raichu TF be next? How long will it take her to get strong enough to go out into the wild on her own? Where will she go? So many questions! Hope to see more awesomeness next chapter!

Pi-Pikapi!

Tyler T. the Pikafan chapter 3 . 12/12/2009
Wow. I know it seems like I say that a lot, but you seem to do it to me every chapter. This was awesome! She used transform, and if she can get Transform every time she uses metronome at sunset, she could theoretically experience what it's like to be every Pokemon! Awesomeness! Also, you're way too good at tantalizing your readers! All the hinting about how she transformed as if by choice, yet not giving me ANYTHING about what actually happened! I mean seriously that's just mean! But as much as I hate it, I love it to, because it's one of the things that makes your story so enjoyable! I'm gonna read the next awesome chapter and see what Sari does now that she's a Pikachu. This calls for a very special sign out!

Pi-Pika-pi-PIKACHU!

Tyler t. the Pikafan
Tyler T. the Pikafan chapter 2 . 12/12/2009
Wow! I'm liking this story more and more! Not only did you have a nice cliff hanger with some lurking force that turned out to be a unknown-purposed Mewtwo, but you had musings on Pokemon adaptations and how they worked and functioned in the wild! I love it! I've pondered on similar things myself before. It just makes Pokemon seem all the more real, like they could happen on some distant planet or in the future when genetic engineering becomes more advanced. Your story has been officially faved.

Pika!

Tyler T. the Pikafan chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
Holy. Lightning.

Wow...Wow... After reading your first chapter, I pretty much just sat there and said wow for about 5 minutes. I think I need to do it again: wow. There are few, if any, fics that have ever so teasingly caught my interest like this. My first impression was that this "master" was Mewtwo and the Pokemon he was protecting were his superclones, but I quickly discarded that idea. Now my guess is Zapdos, but I could be wrong again. But anyways,... ugh, I've gotta do it again. Wow. I'm just so impressed that I'm still having trouble not saying wow every few seconds. I'm not sure or not if you did it intentionally, but the way you've written this is just masterful, not in that it's perfect, but you would give enough details to make it interesting, compelling me to read on, and before I lost interest, you'd put in some other little tasty tidbit of bait, like a line of breadcrumbs, placed just close enough that it was worth going on to get the next one. Also, when you introduced your main character, Sari, you didn't give me all her background info as most authors would have done, further ensnaring me to read your story because she didn't seem to fall into any common tf stereotype, particularly the Mystery Dungeon one which I just cannot read; and even though you had her seem to lose her memory of how she got there, but remember that she was human (which is Mystery Dungeon-esque), you did it in a different and interest-provoking way. You had the initial freak-out, but instead of the old and boring sudden, all-encompassing realization that "I'm a (insert Pokemon name)", you had her notice that she was on all fours, that she was furry, that she had paws and a tail, etc. and still the huge "I'm a pokemon" epiphany didn't strike, and never did. Or if it did, we didn't see it. And then, more crumb scattering as you dropped some of the Power plant's Pokemon's culture, the fact that there were words that didn't exist in the Pokemon language and were automatically replaced(like " I promise" becoming "I make it"), and most tantalizing of all that little "Mind it" thing that went on which just drove me crazy wondering what it was. Wow! If this fic heads in the direction I think it's going in, this could become on e of my favorite stories! You've already received one of my highest compliments, a "Holy Lightning", but I've gotta say: "5 stars!" Now on to the next chapter!

Pika!

P.S. Wow
none chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
hey, dude, when ya gonna update this story? ya've got me very interessted to see how this will turn out. So when's the next chapter?
Blackdex chapter 5 . 4/21/2009
Good, good, a bit worried about the de-huminazation, its not a plot device that ive seen done satisfactoraly before, personality shifts are good, but memory loss is a little concerning. either way, please continue. ciao
Steben chapter 5 . 4/18/2009
It's a shame this hasn't been updated in a long time. While perhaps Sari has that depiction of 'the hero' she can hardly been seen as 'all powerful.' (obviously a good thing)

I thought Sari as a character was very well developed, it's hard not to like herr. The only downside to her is that while she is likable, she doesn't seem to have any notable quirk. (such as something that will get her angry, or that she may happen to be afraid of something) She just seems a bit perfect...

I almost thought Sari was afraid of the dark, but in the first chapter she only asked Altair to come with her after he mentioned that it would be dark soon.

One other thing, the picture frame scene in chapter five was a tad confusing. I think you were trying to make references across paragraphs, but that's only a guess.

It's surprising this story hasn't gotten many reviews. You did a terrific job of writing it.
Kitsunehero chapter 5 . 3/9/2009
This is good! I hope the next chapter comes soon!
Rodon Ashby chapter 5 . 8/13/2008
Hmm... This is pretty interesting - I like it, though for the moment I haven't really read everything written, more like closely skimmed through each chapter (reasoning is because it appeared discountinued when I saw the publish and update dates, with the five chapters being weekly or so,) but even so, it's a pleasant read and I didn't get lost once while reading this

I'm liking it that you're describing 'out of the ordinary' skills like 'metronome' and perhaps not taking the 'easy' route with things.

So...Yeah, even though I skimmed through this, it's very good - I'll post a (much) longer review when I read this through properly... Just had to leave a comment after 'skimming'. ]
Foxyjosh chapter 5 . 6/20/2008
That would be an interesting thing to see. A Pikachu colored like a Vulpix.
Steben chapter 4 . 6/11/2008
Don't name the chapters. A lot of people name their chapters after the events in them, and it gives them away.

By the way, nice update.