Reviews for Secret Heart
Reader101w chapter 31 . 4/12
The interaction between Gohan and Videl is a bit cheesy at the start, but pretty cute.

Oohhh, some Chiku (Gochi?) action.

“Her tone far too nice to be natural”
I love that sentence!

But sir, the world had ended yesterday
Yes, and today is school, deal with it.

Of course they didn’t sleep with each other before the end of the world. It was… after.
I lolled at that. You can just see the awkwardness.

I really like how you included the tournament in the aftermath.

Gohan could hardly forget the “gentleness” of his former teacher
DOOOOOODGE!

Fun to see Goku teach his old tricks to his son.

This was a cute ending to a somewhat chaotic, but overall nice story.
Reader101w chapter 30 . 4/10
When Gohan explained that he was a Saiyan, and that his dad and Vegeta are the last full blooded Saiyans, of a nearly extinct race. I almost expected him to tell Videl: we’re working on a repopulation program, and I would like to ask you to participate to save the species, what do you say?

The first part of this chapter was cutesy, but felt unrelated to the main story; it could have fitted easily in most HanVi stories.
The middle bit was very good, working in the aftermath of the Buu saga, and having Gohan finally able to tell his secret.
The ending was nice and cute, but felt a bit too quick after all the agonising that Gohan and Videl had over their feelings for each other; after all that the solution felt a bit too easy.
Reader101w chapter 29 . 4/8
It is interesting to see the style changes when you pick up the story after a long hiatus.

Although I have to say I am not a fan of the style in this chapter. The blocks of text don’t work that well for the flow, and combined with the speculative narrative it makes it somewhat of a confusing read.
Reading this late at night may also play a role, but generally I find your writing a lot easier to read.
Reader101w chapter 28 . 4/7
The first part of this chapter was some excellent sheer horror, especially with Buu going loose on the Lookout.

The middle bit is more or less an exact retelling of the original story, this time more from a narrator perspective than a character perspective.

The end really brings us back to Gohan’s point of view, very curious hoe the next chapter will play out.
Reader101w chapter 27 . 4/6
Trunks is smart enough not to strike at a minster that is obviously stronger than him.
Cue Trunks kicking away Majin Buu from Vegeta.

I like how you tell what is basically the known storyline through the eyes of other characters. It gives the stor a whole new dynamic
Reader101w chapter 26 . 4/3
All in all, this is pretty much a retelling of the kanon events, with the difference in the timing, and more emphasis on Gohan and Videl’s relation.

It’s a good setup to progress and accelerate the story to where you want it to be. I am curious when and where the deviation will start reoccuring.
Reader101w chapter 25 . 4/1
Wow, this chapter took a sharp 180 turn after such a nice and peaceful picnic with the Son family.

I’m wondering why Goku didn’t use instant transmission when he sensed Gohan’s energy dropping.

I do wonder, was the burning building that caught Videl a trigger for your other story, where Videl was brought ack after dying in a burning building?

It is nice to see how much Videl has managed to improve herself.
Reader101w chapter 24 . 4/1
They’re still lashing out instead of talking it out, like they both want to. Curse these emotions.

Gohan ate only the bare necessities somehow sounds like it still is a huge understatement.

Chichi learned that Goka was dead before she found out that he was an alien, and next time they spoke Goku was completely broken. Not sure if that is a very fair comparison.

What a nice reunion for the Son family. Hopefully it will help lift Gohan’s spirit.
Reader101w chapter 23 . 3/31
Very interesting divide between the mother/son, and father/daughter interaction.

It’s funny in some sense, Gohan didn’t want to face Videl, but is probably more dismayed of not seeing her, than having to face her.

Very interesting ending to this chapter.
Reader101w chapter 22 . 3/29
This was a well written chapter on Gohan and Videl’s feelings. What is especially liked was how the teens think the adults can’t possibly know or understand what they are thinking about and what they are feeling. And meanwhile you also write the adult side of the story. Well done.
Reader101w chapter 21 . 3/28
Saiyan battle lust at its finest.

I don’t really get what Vegeta is angry about, he proposed using their most powerful attack.
Besides, damage wise it would be between a nuke and a hydrogen bomb, it doesn’t really matter anymore at that scale.

When did Videl get her heart broken before? Did I miss it in the story?

A Saiyan’s lust at it worst

Man, just when it looked like they were getting somewhere. Teens and their hormones and insecurities (grumble)
Reader101w chapter 20 . 3/27
I can see Gohan semi-calmly gripping Yamcha’s shoulder, while the latter tries everything he can not to wince in pain.

Looks like Vegeta is finally getting his fun in.

Bulma should really invest in some good high-speed cameras in the gravity room.
Now I’m wondering, can the cameras pick up the Saiyans’ movement, and it is just to quick for Videl to see? Or can no one see because the cameras can’t?
Reader101w chapter 19 . 3/26
Videl, you got intimidated by having to wear a dress in front of Gohan’s friends. You’re allowed to feel intimidated by Piccolo.

Piccolo is a nice guy though.

Too bad for Gohan and Videl that Krillin, the “nudge nudge wink wink” guy, is so spot on in his assessment of them.

That’s quite a ball drop at the end there. If Gohan thought the couple teasing was bad, now he has to deal with diverting the Satan mocking.
Reader101w chapter 18 . 3/25
This chapter sure is a tonal shift from the previous, to the point where most characters, even newcomer Vegeta, feels a bit off. Only in the last part does the tone appear to return to the story’s main.

While entertaining, this chapter almost feels like it belongs in a different story. I’m curious to see how things tie back in together.
Reader101w chapter 17 . 3/25
Well, there is one thing that Videl can do to get out of shopping.

It is interesting though that Videl rather goes shopping than admit her feelings to Gohan (or even Erasa for that matter), and she also goes shopping because of Gohan.

Aw, no more dreams for Videl?

Let’s hope Gohan doesn’t get distracted too much by Videl while piloting the jet