Reviews for The Road Not Taken
JavaForever chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
Ooh, quite the intriguing start! You know, it's interesting for me. You've labeled this as angst, yet it doesn't feel particularly angsty. The breakup was handled nicely, but without too much emotion on either side. The crying scene was the same way. As usual, I enjoyed the references and jokes peppered through the whole thing. Without them, this first chapter was in danger of being filler. Actually, in general, no one likes the first chapter the best as it only sets up the real plot. However, it was well-written and not boring in the least. And I do realize that I just contradicted myself in a way. High Points: The end. I don't mean that in a mean way at all. Simply referring to the conversation between Luke and Lorelai. Well-written, believable, and the admittances made by both didn't sound forced. Very nice! Low Points: There weren't many. As far as the emotional stuff goes, if you'd rather rely on dialogue, that's fine as it works for you. But if you want something more along the lines of straight angst, a little more insight into Lorelai's thoughts would be nice. While the banter is always entertaining, I would have liked some more description of what she was thinking during the breakup. Other than that, everything sounded great. :)
gilmoreintraining chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
good start can't wait to see what happens next update soon
swimmerluver chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
Java, this is a great start. I love that poem by Robert Frost, and I think that you picked the perfect title for this. I can't wait for the next chapter!
BFD chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
This sounds like another of your great update quickly.
Disneygrl2 chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
YAY! New story! and I'm thinking I like where this is going!

Can't wait for more!
Lukeistheone chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
I really like when they have a great friendship like in this chapter. can't wait til it turns into something more. update soon :)
theonlyxception chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
Great title! I love the Road Not Taken by Robert Frost. William Blake and Robert Frost are some of my favorite poets :) Not to mention in high school I had to repeat The Road Not Taken until memorized and then recite it to the class.

Again, I love how the title of course fits along Lorelai's thoughts, and then hints to Luke about his theory about not believing that two people are meant for each other.

When she was with Rory though, I laughed so hard because I could just see Lorelai admitting to Rory that she was the one who put the post-it note on Paris' back.

Lorelai and Luke had such an awesome banter session :D It's too bad that Luke doesn't believe in the "meant for each other" thing. ;D wink. Luke is the little bit of seriousness that Lorelai needs, and Lorelai is the comic relief to their happy relationship.
micyaya chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
Great start! I love, love, love L & L AU's.. update soon..
hbcollegegirl chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
hi i thought that the first chapter was really good and hope you update soon!

x