Reviews for The Pact
NixDucky chapter 1 . 11/18/2011
If I ever saw The Young Riders I've completely forgotten about it. But I still enjoyed this.
mssilenthorse chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
very cool thank you for a story about my two fav riders
Hidden Relevance chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
Oh jeeze.. poor Buck. I have yet to reach that part of the series (I only just realized I could buy season one lol) but I'm beginning to believe that I don't want to live in a world without Ike.. it's just utterly depressing.

(though I suppose I should be used to it- my fave charas always seem to be the ones that die.. at least I know Buck lives)
EmmelleN chapter 1 . 7/8/2008
Nice story, very well written. Can't remember how Ike died, but this feels like it would fit in with the show.
Mahsa FF chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
This was a beautiful little fic. It actually made me tear up a bit, which is a feat, considering I'd never heard of the Young Rides a month ago - hey, that's what my adjunct brain, Wikipedia is for :P

I love how the western ambiance comes through in your choice of words, not just in the more obvious spots in dialogue but throughout, in phrases such as "cold, pale corpse" and "As the hour tolled"

Not being a fan of the show, I don't know how much of Ike and Buck's background is yours and how much is canon, but I think you established the premise of their blood pact and the agreement that it will continue beyond death very artfully. And the ending, oh my. The reality and the symbolism of that bird just made me shiver. It reminded me of scene near the end of Blade Runner, if you know that film, where Rutger Hauer releases the white dove.

Well done!