Reviews for Luineyende
MuggleCreator chapter 10 . 2/8/2014
Interesting.
Niemehr chapter 6 . 10/20/2011
This seems to be a lovingly crafted tale, but I find the lack of a visual break when switching POV's and locations with in a chapter to be extremely confusing and makes it very hard to follow the plot turns. Otherwise I greatly enjoy it.
Ra'iira The Fiend chapter 7 . 1/4/2011
I just want you to know that I heart Anarmacil. Like, a lot. He's so sweet to Elluine. :3
Lousy Poet Automaton chapter 7 . 12/22/2010
OK, in some ways, this is quite good, in others, it just plain does not work as a Lord of the Rings fanfic.

You might as well have made an original story out of this. The mechanics of your fairy people culture and history might *seem* compatible with Lord of the Rings, but it is just inconceivable that the Rangers, the most learned men of Middle Earth, do NOT KNOW ANYTHING about these people. They know the lore of elves and the history of Middle Earth's making etc, but are completely ignorant of your seemingly significant and powerful magical culture?

It would be OK if the folk of Gondor and the hobbits and Breelanders etc are ignorant of them, but if the Dunedain don't know of your special people, then the Elves probably don't either, which is silly since, apart from the Ents and Tom Bombadil, the Elves are the oldest remaining creatures on Middle Earth.

It just does not fit.
Katara97 chapter 10 . 5/8/2010
This is truly amazing! Can't wait for the next update... ]
Shire cat chapter 10 . 4/3/2010
I'm always impressed when people create cannon that is so utterly involved with the stories, since I'm more of a snapshot/vignette type of writer.

Okay, the real reason I reviewed(I tend to have critical/hopefully helpful thoughts when reading stories but I'm usually too lazy to ever write them down or remember them by the end of the story) was to say that I caught the Rent reference and it made me happier than a basket of kittens(I love when I can share a common reference with someone) even though I'm sure it was probably a rhetorical question.
Larner chapter 10 . 3/14/2010
Sheapparently is safe for now. At last she is awake and in Frodo's company.
Kebire chapter 10 . 9/14/2009
I'm really enjoying this story! Love the complicated society you've made for your characters.
aries200 chapter 10 . 8/30/2009
I love this, totally. Be quick with the update, yeah?
Elemarth chapter 10 . 5/17/2009
"Order of the Istari"? A five-memeber Order. And with two having kind of left the area, only three. But I guess Gandalf needs something to call himself, even in his head, because if he thinks of himself as a Maia, he might let it slip. In case he needs to keep it secret.

Anyway, it's a good chapter. One of these days, when I find time, I will see your other stories.
lorien13 chapter 10 . 5/14/2009
"Chapter Eight

Players upon a Stage

or

Make Them Meet Cute"

what? Don't get the title, m'dear.

"to allow her to wander off and leave her alone"

to allow her to wander off and be left alone

"extrapolate"

that's the second word I don't recognize in the slightest. I guess you're having a spree with the big words, huh?

"the magic all Liemuina had (in some way)"

I wouldn't but brackets in this story. I would put it like this: "the magic all Liemuina had in some form."

"Tauriel wanted to brain herself with a rock."

that's a GREAT line! Very humoring! lol

"The fact that it didn't strike her as odd struck her as odd, but that was the gateway to such a convoluted chain of thought that she cut it off immediately..."

that's so you.

"took Gandalf's attention from the golden crescents cast across the thin, sharp cheekbones by silvery eyelashes to the doorway to Frodo Baggins' bedroom."

Again, too romantic. Gandalf isn't interested in how beautiful her face is. Just state it simply, "took Gandalf attention from the broken visage to the doorway to Frodo's bedroom." Also, no need to mention Frodo's full name. We all know it by now. You've mentioned it plenty of other times. Just say Frodo, or Baggins.

"In the portal were three Hobbits - Bilbo..."

"In the portal were three Hobbits:"

You use a colon, not a dash to introduce a list.

Um, Ray? You're setting Frodo up to be a bad guy. He's not in love, he's obesessed. That's a BIG difference. And Gandalf would have forced him to leave the room when he got all angsty. Anger in a room of healing can undo what is being done. It's not practiced so much now, but in the old days, Rosie and Gandalf would have been the only people allowed to be there when she woke up. Tis not proper.

"Light an imbecile"

"Like an imbecile"

""Chapter Eight

Players upon a Stage

or

Make Them Meet Cute"

what? Don't get the title, m'dear.

"to allow her to wander off and leave her alone"

to allow her to wander off and be left alone

"extrapolate"

"the magic all Liemuina had (in some way)"

"Tauriel wanted to brain herself with a rock."

that's a GREAT line! Very humoring! lol

that's so you.

"In the portal were three Hobbits - Bilbo..."

"In the portal were three Hobbits:"

You use a colon, not a dash to introduce a list.

"Light an imbecile"

"Like an imbecile"

"Pied Piper's enchanting, intoxicating lullaby"

choose one adjective for this. There's no reason to have two.

I have a question you may not have an answer to: why does Frodo need her? Gandalf would not save her jsut because Frodo was in love with her, and we all know he can make the journey without her. What is she needed for that no one else can do that's essential to the saving of Middle Earth? And why does she need to wake up right at that moment? Because it's more realistic that it would take a week or more for her to pull out of it fully. Look at the Dark Jewels Series. It took Witch years to wake up.
Insane Anarchist-aka Allie chapter 10 . 5/13/2009
I caught the reference! :D It's RENT, of course! Referring to La Vie Boheme (the impromptu salon) and Roger's obsession with playing Musetta's Waltz. _ (Perhaps I know too much, because I now have La Vie Boheme stuck in my head XD)

Stopping in also to say how amazing your story is-you've set it up really well, created realistic, believable characters, and in addition it's extremely original :D I could probably rant on the amazingness...but that would take up more room than is offered in here. _ So I shall be shorter, and just say that you are an amazing author and have a huge talent-KEEP IT UP! :D

-Allie
HerLadyship chapter 10 . 5/12/2009
Great Chapter. But I really want to know what happens to Anarmacil. I understand you can't tell his whole story, but a little info...please..please...

Keep up the good work! Update soon.
Mysterious Jedi chapter 9 . 4/29/2009
I appreciate this story, it's very original. It is difficult to keep all the characters' elments/abilities straight, though.
Elemarth chapter 9 . 4/26/2009
You read the Keys to the Kingdom? I love that series!

I want something new to happen, instead of this journey. I'm getting tired of waiting for her to meet Frodo. So if she is somehow delayed next chapter from meeting him, I will be... annoyed. Just annoyed, because it is a good story.
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »