Reviews for Unsaid, Unspoken
melissasjack1 chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
Hi this was perfection.

Just sayin'.

Dont have a more coherant response. Just yknow, perfection.
JennCorinthos chapter 1 . 2/15/2009
This was great... I hate that they made Zack the killer..

JENNIFER
the 85th writer chapter 1 . 11/1/2008
Oh lovely. You have all of them down so pat. I love that you brought Cam into this the way you did, too.
sheytune chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
I wish this happened on the show. (Well, actually I wish that the season finale didn't have most of the characters acting in uncharacteristic ways, but since it did, this definitely improves things.) I found/find it hard to believe that Booth found out that Brennan thought he was dead for 2 weeks and basically shrugged it off without seeming to care at all. That's a nasty thing to do to someone you're close to.

I'm hoping that next season we do see all of the characters struggling with Zach's betrayal (and growing closer because of it, ideally).

And I love the line "Before he was Gormogon’s apprentice, he was hers". It rips my heart out.
mayhavefakedit chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
I'm so happy to see someone else explore the idea that Brennan killed Pam much along the vein that Max tended to use. I was always wondering whether it would be brought up again in the show, and it was very cool to see it done here. 8]
LocoGreggo chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Aw...wonderful filler to one of the most jam packed emotional

episodes. Great job.
Insert Something Memorable chapter 1 . 5/28/2008
I don't know what to say, really, because other reviews have said all of it so much more eloquently, but just.. thank you for writing this. It made me feel a little bit better about the finale, which I, judging by your LJ entry, completely agree with you about.

So yeah, thank you.
Ralkana chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
This story covers nearly every problem I had with the finale. Such a simple scene, but so meaningful, and so *necessary*!

If only the writers cared about their characters like you do.

Thanks for the fantastic read!
siapom chapter 1 . 5/24/2008
Thank you. The episode - and I - really needed that. It's beautifully written.
DaLiza chapter 1 . 5/24/2008
This episode left me distraught for days! I felt that the episode was rather rushed at the end, so I like how you gave the characters more space to reflect on their emotions. Wonderfully written and touching.
mumrulz chapter 1 . 5/24/2008
I love this alternate finale fic. It distacts me from the travesty that was the 'Pain in the Heart' episode. So many questions left unanswered, so many things that the writers wanted us to blindly believe, so much confusion, & so much left unsaid...all culminating in an unsatisfactory & hollow ending. We cannot just assume that all this will be resolved in the next season, as we know that season premieres always jump ahead in time & we won't revisit in detail what happened in the finale. There was so much B&B & Zach potential that went begging.

Ok, climbing down off the soapbox now, & jumping on the bandwagon to say how much I wish that the finale had gone like your version of events.. :-) We needed to see someone questioning Zach's reasons for doing what he did. We needed to see Brennan address Booth's 'death' & we needed to hear Booth say that he should have told her personally of what was happening, we needed to hear them talk aboiut the fact that Brennan had to kill another person...so much that we needed ...but didn't get. But this fic resolved a lot of the issues for us. Sorry, but that soapbox just keeps calling to me.

**"I just... This doesn't make sense. At every step along the way there were decision points. Zack had choices. He chose to kill that lobbyist. He chose to steal canines from modular skeleton storage. He chose to walk into the lab day after day, look me in the eye and say, 'Yes, Dr. Brennan' and 'No, Dr. Brennan,' as he always did. He..." Breaking off, she shook her head, unable to speak.

...yes, we needed to see Zach making these choices, so that it would all make sense to us. Ok, now I am really getting off the soapbox.

**Before he was Gormogon’s apprentice, he was hers. Why had she waited so long to say it?

...loved it.

**Sighing, Booth dragged his foot forward, his shoe squeaking against the step. "Me too."

...& again, as always you manage cover even the most minutest details. (foot/shoe)

**what else, she wondered, had those eyes tried to tell her when she'd been out in the field with Booth or in the lab, busy trying to name the dead? What of the living had she missed because of her focus on the dead?

...the guilt that she feels ...

We can always count on you to come up with something to make us feel better. Nicely done! :-):-):-)
fanofbones chapter 1 . 5/23/2008
this was very sweet and touching...too bad the episode didn't go into more detail...the strike...I know...

My heart is still sad though, no matter how many wonderful endings and answers I keep reading..

but this was perfect and loved the ending with Bren, Booth and Cam...

wonder is Bren will be changed by all this for Season 4...one would hope...

fab
partsandpieces chapter 1 . 5/23/2008
This was a disturbing and really uneven episode, and I'm glad you took on the challenge of making it make a bit more sense (or at least better express the confusion of all involved). Your writing does what the show writers should have. Thank you so much for ending this episode in such a satisfying way. There is so much unspoken between Booth and Brennan, and I'm glad -you- can make them talk!
xBeMinex chapter 1 . 5/23/2008
that was just so brilliant i havent got the words to tell you, sorry, but really well done x
ProFfeSseR chapter 1 . 5/23/2008
Great story! I like that they remained there on the steps and talked about all these things! And I also like that they invited Cam to have dinner with them. They need each other right now, and it meant a lot coming from Brennan. I guess Cam realized that and that's why she accepted. Really really liked it!