Reviews for Ceremony
emma.l.worden chapter 50 . 1/7
I know that you've not updated on here is almost forever, and possibly haven't even casted a backward glance to your fanfictions that were written over 5 years ago, but I felt the need to write and thank you for such a remarkable fanfiction. I discovered Ceremony about 4 years ago, and have read it 3 times since. I often find myself returning when I can't find anything captivating on the site. But this one catches me every time. The characterisation is spot on and the story line is interesting and deep. I especially love the scene at the Opera house, and the scene where Alucard disappears after Integra kisses Maxwell... Even Monsters have feelings.

So I wanted to thank you for writing something that I adore, and will keep returning to time and time again.

Emmi
PAMILA DE CASTRO chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Esta é uma fanfic AXI ou AXS? pois como li o primeiro capitulo só eu tive a impressão que não é AXS. Abraços
The Famous Fire Lady M chapter 50 . 7/14/2009
That was amazing.

I stuck with it the entire time. That's a first for me, lol.

But it's amazing.

I didn't think it would have that much funny bits but it did.
I'm-Not-So-Sweet chapter 8 . 5/2/2009
Wow this is SO good!
Metropolis Kid chapter 50 . 3/15/2009
Well, the questions are still left unanswered. But I enjoyed the final chapter (Or is it? You haven't marked this as complete yet.) regardless. Well, it was a very enjoyable read. (Really only marred by those stubborn, unanswered questions. Yeah, got to get over that. But it's hard when you really enjoy something and... No, I've harped on it enough.) Anyway, this took me over a week to read, but it was certainly time well SPENT*. Thank you for the memories, and I'll be looking forward to you're future works. ;)

PS. Best line in this chapter was easily, "Of course- the vamps ate the rats, which bit the cats which nipped the dogs- he was in the midst of a freakin’ nursery rhyme." LoL

Metropolis Kid.

* In one of my previous reviews, I referred it reading this as "time well wasted", but I think it's gone a bit beyond that. :)
Metropolis Kid chapter 47 . 3/15/2009
Um... *scratches head* I didn't get this chapter. I mean, how did Integra suddenly get the authority to free all the souls trapped in the villa? And why did the Baron obey her order regarding Maxwell? I thought he needed a human host... and Alucard promised him Maxwell. Why would he just suddenly be like "Okay, I won't harm him if he follows your orders."

Well, you've got three chapters left, and I sincerely hope that these questions are cleared up in them. This was a very enjoyable fic, and I hate to have it end with so much left... 'unexplained'.

Metropolis Kid chapter 35 . 3/14/2009
Well, still reading... and enjoying. I just wanted to say that I found Angelique's attempts to chop up Alucard's coffin to be quite amusing. LoL. Poor, poor voodoo priestess, trying to chip "away at the Wall of China with a chisel". LoL Very funny mental image. :)

BTW: If it's not too much trouble, would you be willing to send me a timeline on your Hellsing fics? I'm having a bit of trouble keeping them straight. :( A simple list of the names from earliest (chronologically) to latest would be greatly appreciated. ;) Thanks.

Metropolis Kid chapter 27 . 3/9/2009
You know a very tiny bit of me feels kind of bad for Maxwell. And that's a good thing. I do so hate the evil, mustache twirling archenemy idea. If the bad guy is going to have a major part in the story, he should be well developed and even sympathetic... to a point. And nothing breads sympathy quite like a rejected son in search of a family. You did an incredible job with this and the dream you chose to display was perfect. :D

But on another note, Alucard's being rather unfair, don't you think? I mean, he manipulated the situation, invaded Integra's dreams, brought the man to her door, and encouraged her to kiss him. He really has no right to be upset if, on a purely physical level, she was stirred to want Maxwell.

I mean it would be different if Integra had gone out in search of the man... but that's not what happened.

Well, anyway, this is still very good. And you... you are an exceptional writer. :)

Metropolis Kid chapter 25 . 3/7/2009
Oh, man! Maxwell really shouldn't be underestimating his... um, 'adversary' like that. She wouldn't kill? She killed her own uncle... when she was twelve! Me thinks the Arch Bishop may be in for a VERY rude awakening. LoL

You know, I really don't understand why you don't have a higher review per chapter average for this story. It's excellent! I mean for awhile I was having trouble with the idea of Alucard not just going in a killing Maxwell (once the bishop threatened the vampire's 'family'). But then you mentioned the fact that (right now) they're surrounded by just about every top supernatural hunter on the planet. And, yeah... that makes sense. :P While I doubt that even Hellboy could stand toe to toe with Alucard, the sheer number of opponents he could be facing would certainly be cause for concern.

Anyway, still enjoying this. You know, I think this story's going to end up swallowing up my whole weekend. LoL. But time well wasted, right. ;)

Metropolis Kid chapter 16 . 3/7/2009
I'm still really enjoying this, although some of the voodoo stuff is going over my head. That's one of the folklores I've never bothered learning much about. But the plot is starting to get exciting now. :)

Once again, I have a slight nitpick though. Hearts is a game played with four or three people. I'm currently not aware of any variation that allows for just two people to enjoy the game. :(

And now I feel that I must comment on what (to me) has got to be the most ironic thing in this story. You had a Frenchman giving an Englishman the 'two-fingered salute'! That was immensely amusing! I don't know if you're aware of the 'salute's' origin or not, but (according to the myths) it comes from the days of the English Longbowmen. Back in the fourteenth-fifteenth centuries, the English (Welsh) Longbowmen ruled the battle field, and were responsible for many of the victories the smaller English forces obtained over the significantly larger French forces. The French were so infuriated by their losses that they began a policy of chopping off the bow fingers of any Longbowman they captured. In response to this practice the English archers began to flash their bow finger at the French (it was a taunt). So, anyway, having a Frenchman do it to an Englishman was terribly amusing (at least to me). :D

Well, still enjoying this. As always, your writing is exceptional (save for a few typos here and there). :)

Metropolis Kid chapter 10 . 3/6/2009
Well, I regret that I can't read anymore tonight. But I've got to get some sleep.

Still, I feel like I should review what I've already read. This is quite interesting. You've done a very good job with the complexity of the characters. No one here seems two dimensional... or like they were just throne in because of their presence in the Manga. They all get a chance to 'shine'... though Pip seems to get the... 'shorter' end of the stick. LoL But you've done a very good job with the characterization.

And I think I finally figured out your writing style. Last time I compared reading your work to watching a movie, but that's not quite right. What it is, is that you don't so much TELL the story as PAINT pictures with your words. It makes the plot develop significantly slower, but pulls the reader in. Really, it's quite engrossing. :)

But I do have a minor bone to pick with you. Why are you making Alucard warm? I'm not referring to his characterization here; I think you did a very good job with that. I'm talking about his body generating heat. He's a vampire, a 'living' corpse. He should be cold as the grave... literally.

However that is a minor issue. And, overall, I'm really enjoying this. :)

autumnrose45 chapter 49 . 2/18/2009
Hooray! *dances*

I love the different views on Integra and Alucard having some fun, especially Andrew's! I really love that guy. :)

GET IN THERE WALTER :)
quickyfant chapter 48 . 2/14/2009
Hi!

I have read your Hellsing stories and I liked them a lot! This story is so interesting! I love how you write Integra&Alucard!

About your question: "or should we save that for the next story arc?" I have to give an enthusiastic YES! I think it would give a nice ending if you give a resolution to this story, but there is more fun for us in the future if you leave the resolution for a new story! If you have intentions for a new story I would be so happy! I so look forward for ANYTHING from you, with more AxI! ;)

Thanks!
KurrydaJellydonut chapter 48 . 2/12/2009
Dear ladykirie,

I need you to write more. It has been the only thing keeping me hooked on Hellsing fanfiction.

From your loyal fan,

Kurry
autumnrose45 chapter 47 . 1/20/2009
This story has kept me up!

I love your style - very sophisticated and detailed - you must have put a lot of thought into the plot lines. I was scared at times you know - especially for Seras when Angelique was after her...*shudder* That woman was creepy!

Anyway, thank you so much for writing this, its going on my favourites :)