Reviews for Fragments
clerical medical chapter 6 . 1/31/2011
This is great. I thoroughly enjoyed the unveiling of the mystery - so glad you didn't own up to it too much in the warnings. I thought O'Neill's response to the situation was spot-on in character, and the pacing was judged perfectly too. Thank you.
RBMIfan chapter 6 . 1/30/2011
This is good. Very engaging mystery, and I think you captured everyone's frame of mind really well. Kept me interested until the end. But I am still, oh so confused.

Are Jack's dreams an ascended!Daniel trying to tell him what's going on? Or are they of the other Jack, and he killed himself to follow Daniel somewhere? And where exactly is Daniel in this universe? I can understand why Jack didn't ask about him, seeing as he's trying to avoid thinking about him. But his absence is making me think that he died over two years ago, somehow. Inquiring minds want to know! :D
2SoulFishbowl chapter 6 . 2/15/2010
That was great! Very well thought out and intriguing! Felt like an actual episode! Thanks for sharing!
Harmne chapter 6 . 1/15/2010
I've read this story a few times now and I still can't get over how well you crafted it. The gradual realization of what has happened was a stroke of genius, and I didn't see it coming at all!
Potterworm chapter 6 . 6/16/2009
This was amazing and entertaining and suspenseful and PERFECT.
Potterworm chapter 5 . 6/16/2009
Daniel was - had been - was a real 'hey, let's talk about that time you shot yourself in the head' kind of guy. Best. Quote. Ever.
scifithinker chapter 6 . 1/4/2009
Lovely story.
ScruffyLovin chapter 6 . 12/31/2008
Excellent story. Extremely well written, had me questioning the whole time. :D
Psychee chapter 6 . 6/22/2008
Excelent story and compelling mystery. I have to admit I was thinking clones or the alien chameleon device but not what was the ultimate solution. The story was well written and greatly enjoyed.

Corikay chapter 6 . 6/19/2008
Very nicely done with a concise writing sytle that suits the character of Jack so well. I'm not a huge fan of AU but I did enjoy this piece. Using Abyss as a jump off point was a great idea. Thanks for sharing!
Su Freund chapter 6 . 6/19/2008
I enjoyed every moment of this story. Great Jack voice, superb characterisations all round, wonderfully written and terrific plotting. I never guessed what was going on and you kept me on my toes right until the end. Superb!
PapayaK chapter 6 . 6/15/2008
Wow- that was just really well written! You caught the humor, the irreverence, and the drama just right. And so clever! "The reponse was almost pavlovic" Although you tricked me into reading an AU which I normally never do. It was really good. I was glad to know the Jack I was rooting for was 'our' Jack.

I really should re-read it now that I know what's going on.

Thanks for writing.

Gotta go check out your other stuff now.
Amilyn chapter 6 . 6/14/2008
This is absolutely fantastic. I love OtherCarter and how vividly you managed to show her discomfort, reticence, carefully-lidded pain. I love your descriptions of McKay, of the planet. I love how you got inside annoyed!snarky!Jack's head and everything, even the exposition and narrative, SOUNDED like him. I like that you didn't succumb to the desire (that I always feel anyway) to give tidy answers to every question raise. I love that I did not figure out that this was the wrong SGC at all, how I didn't see coming where you were going, and how it all fell perfectly together.

Really outstanding work. Thank you.
Aelfgyfu chapter 6 . 6/13/2008
Great story! Not too angsty, and I kept thinking all along, "This is *wrong*, Jack wouldn't do that, but how could they fake it?" I never saw your twist coming, even as I was thinking, "McKay shouldn't be there!" (And I'm a Bill Lee fan, but I can understand that Jack might not be.) Nice job on Rodney-very much the annoying Rodney we see on SG-1.

The dreams work well, too, adding layers to the story. I'm not certain if they're purely in Jack's head, or if Daniel is trying to reach him subtly-I'm quite inclined to the latter. Either way, they give hints without giving up the main story.
BlackRaven chapter 6 . 5/27/2008
what a great story! another great creation by my favorite FFnet author! I wish I could have even a little bit of your talent!

I just have to say that I'm such a huge fan - I've read almost everything you've posted (the further to fky series I read close to 10 times by now) and I never get tiered of you unique style and your amazing ideas...

like I said - you're my favorite ffnet writer and you're ranking pretty high on my list of writers in general