Reviews for The Yule Ball: The Remake
Patronus chapter 3 . 7/5
Glad you're making the Harem aspect minimal. You do fantastic works in H/Hr, and ... well ... the Harem fics are really just too far out there.
logical deductio chapter 7 . 7/5
A lesbian Hermione ... um, I call bullshit. Forced storyplotting, almost as bad as the original author had for Hermione/Ron.
iStyx chapter 7 . 7/1
Well... I was interested in Harem version, but after this chapter I lost my interest. Why? Because of this: "Harry, I love you, but I want my first shag to be with my best girl friend. Ok?"
Karl chapter 7 . 6/26
Gah, Harry had the balls to say no, and now he turns on a dime? And Hermione - renown for stubborn intellect and fierce independence is driving as fast as possible into the ditch ... there's only one word for a story with such a good beginning:

Pathetic.
Runecutter chapter 7 . 6/19
Fanfiction dot net has once again eaten your links, so the mysterious inspiration source for returning to this story is still unknown, Rihaan. ;)

To be honest... even though I can see that my old reviews were kind of happy with this, after rereading it the last few days I'm not all that enthusiastic about this story any more... it's just so ... convoluted I guess... and it's standing right in the middle of the road, too serious and straightlaced for being a crack fic, too goofy and over the top for being a "normal" story... The idea of the "secret Fanclub turning into a bodyguard group" (with what kind of qualification?)

And also the writing clearly hasn't aged that well... I noticed dozens of spelling problems during this reread and I'm not sure if I just hadn't noticed them last time or if I was just too deep into enjoying the bash to care. But well, today sentences like "with having her aunt as an former auror" (in Ch 5 i think) seriously make me cringe. Sorry.

So well, while I still can kind of enjoy this story I'm pretty sure it would be best if you'd take a fresh look at any subject connected to it... be it Harem, Tournament, Cuddly Weasley Love or just "Harmony" in itself and not base that reflection on this story. You've grown beyond the limits of this text and while it's nothing to be all that ashamed about it's also nothing to put on the top of your portfolio if you'd ever need to proof your writing merits...
amartin120310 chapter 1 . 6/16
You are a talented 15 year old. Keep writing!
Potential abounds.
Harems are far more useful when they have equally superb skills and dedication to other areas of expertise. And many historical examples that could be called Harems also doubled as either a last line of defense that is very deadly, or a literal "bodyguard" in the sense of being a wall of bodies to take any blow that may threaten their Master. Massage and other minor healing arts could be a valued skill, and many of what work they may do to remain highly flexible etc. to best be able to please their Master's every whim can also be very useful for various modes of combat, and some may even double as assassin's.
Somehow I've never seen the logical flipside of Snape's point-altering bias. If he deducts points for "Breathing too loudly" why wouldn't he award points (to his favored) for "being appropriately quiet"? Or even more ironically, "making it easy to tell you are still alive", i.e. 'breathing loudly'. XD
*snickers* Siccing Dobby on Rita is a brilliant idea that I sorely wish I'd seen before or ever! *cackles*
There are a few background characters that don't get assigned years or houses, basically just names on a page, and sometimes one or two of them get tacked into the girls' dorms with Hermione. But the Hat assigns students to Houses based on the student, not on any pre-existing structure. How could he know which students would be best for which houses to make an even spread before having sat upon each and every head? The last few would be stuck into Houses that barely suit them to finish filling the gaps! Even splits are pure coincidence. They could, possibly, shift a couple of students through mismatched years to even out the dorms so there aren't super crowded dorms while also super empty ones, but I would expect they only do that in special circumstances considering the Castles' ability to adapt the rooms- with the help of the Elves. Like if Ron's year was the super crowded one and the Twin's the empty, and they agreed they wouldn't mind their little brother sharing the room if it enlarged to match the new number of residents. Or if Luna had been sought out to receive better help, and an older 'Claw girl or three was willing to take her under their wings and let her have an added space in their dorm for her own protection and wouldn't bully her. (I'd expect older Ravenclaw's would also have better wards and such on their dorms or their things and so could help her that way as well.) Maybe if there was only one poor student that year, the year above would welcome them and try to bolster them.
Any version of Ginny would be at least a little upset and sad that Harry got a date with someone else- and actually asked them himself of his own volition- because she did have a huge crush on him even if she might have grown partway out of it. Even if she doesn't /quite/ fancy herself the future Mrs. Potter any more, there's still a little part of her that will sigh over it and wish it could have been her, even if she would decide to go with someone else even if he hadn't already gotten a date. That it's Hermione would make it a little better in most cases, because if /anyone/ has a better claim on Harry than Ginny might think she has, it'd be Hermione, and at least she can be almost completely certain that Harry's date isn't using him for any less than honorable purpose.
I can totally see a Ginny who really is over her crush completely but is still fond of Harry being quite the suspicious and protectively vicious little demon over any girl he may date. She'd want to make sure they didn't get the chance to get too far before Harry knew they were trash and they hurt him, and if possible prevent him from even paying them any more mind than he would a classmate before they are deterred from their scheming. He did save her life, and she'd do the same for any of her brothers- if they aren't being horrible enough for her to want to back up the schemers.
MuggleMagic chapter 2 . 5/15
What the FUCK IS WRONG WITH RON HE NEEDS A REALITY CHECK! I SWEAR IF I COULD I WOULD HEX SOME FUCKING SENSE INTO THAT SOCALL BRAIN HE HAS!' WHAT DUMBASS BITCH! Sorry of u don't like my launguage but it is true!
lightskiller chapter 7 . 5/17
I think that i would very much enjoy a sequel
Sage chapter 2 . 5/2
It is quite interesting how your portrayal of Ronald made him look like a brilliantly insane sociopath, with either a sick and twisted imagination or entirely too much time on his hands. Other writers, however, usually portray him as an idiot.
If you want to make a sequel im all for that, i really like your Harry and Hermione so i would definitly read it!