Reviews for Dark Side of the Moon
Debbie in S. Florida chapter 21 . 6/16/2010
I just love this story. It's like reading New Moon the way it was supposed to be. As much as I like Bella and her story, it's Edward's that I really want to know. Thank you again for writing this. You have continued to amaze me, and this chapter was just more proof of your talent.

Debbie in S. Florida chapter 19 . 6/15/2010
Another fantastic chapter. THIS IS WHAT WAS MISSING! My God, this is all the stuff that I missed do much in the books. It explains so much more. Bella's viewpoint was fine, but it's Edward's that tells the real truths of this story. How glad I am that you were able to give us this part of the story. It's like all of the missing puzzle pieces have finally been put into place. I really can't wait to see what you've done with Breaking Dawn, when, more than ever, I wanted to know Edward's mind. You are so talented, it's beyond belief.

Debbie in S. Florida chapter 17 . 6/14/2010
Here it is, midnight, and I just finished watching Rob on Nightline and now want to read a little more Dark Side. I should be going to bed, but nope, here I am-again! Just one more chapter-that's what I keep telling myself. It's definitely tough to quit reading, though. I'll probably finish this tonight and be up till all hours. I should be good, though, and stop afer the next one. Yeah, right...

Debbie in S. Florida chapter 16 . 6/14/2010
Ahh, it was WAY more thank okay! You did a fantastic job, and while I already know you're a master when it comes to Edward's voice, you're also amazing with the rest of the characters, especially Aro. Yes, I know his spoken words were, for the most part, Stephenie's, but you did an amazing job on his thoughts, as well as the scenes that were not in the book. Just another section of the books that I always wondered about, and you exceeded my expectations yet again. I was amazed at how Edward was still so unsure of Bella's love, all the while, we know, that she was feeling the same way. And the whole exchange with Jane and Aro, and each of their thoughts, were just perfection. You got it all exactly right. Thank you for another great chapter, and now, I'm interested to see the ride home, if you've included it, and then, of course, the official reunion back home.

sparlish chapter 18 . 6/14/2010
Thank you so much for writing these amazing stories (I truly hope you try Eclipse from Edwards perspective because the other attempts out there don't seem to keep the people in character ). You seem to really understand his character and really get in his head, and also in Jacob's. I just wanted it to keep going, it's like a continuation of her Midnight Sun. It's really amazing you write exactly like Stephanie M. In the chapter of Speechless I wondered if this sentence shouldn't have the spelling correction "I was having less luck understanding her divergent moods now than I did then." Not sure but it seems better that way. Thank you so much for your hard work!
Debbie in S. Florida chapter 14 . 6/14/2010
Boy, you just never cease to amaze me. I really hope you're reading my reviews, because I just want to say you are awesome. Your talent is just unbelievable. I mean, you know Edward's voice as if it is your own. Your words are so true and you make me feel his every emotion as if it were my own. His desolation, his remorse, his grief-all are swirling in my mind right now as this chapter ends. And it's so amazing that you had it be his memory of Bella in the meadow that inspires him to reveal himself in the sun. Yes, that is exactly the way I could imagine it happened. So many things that seemed almost random in the books, you've explained. You took Stephenie's characters and storyline and embellished and improved upon it. I'm just absolutely amazed. I can't wait to read the rest.

Debbie in S. Florida chapter 12 . 6/13/2010
I'm running out of words to describe what a talented writer you are, so I'll just suffice it to say I'm loving it, and can't wait to read more. It was a bonus that you had Emmett call. I love that you showed Emmett's sensitivity, as that was very rarely portrayed in either the books or in most fan fics. I always thought that his heart is as big as his personality, and we know he and Edward share a special relationship. I know he must have missed Edward as much as the others. Love this chapter, and am really wishing I had time right now to read more. Will have to wait till tonight.

m1eab01 chapter 8 . 6/13/2010
Umm...wow...I just wanted to say that hit me about ten times harder than SMeyer's version. Like a kick in the gut. I really need to go cry now!

BTW I was listening to DeVotchka's "How it Ends" while reading...it's perfectly emotastic for this chapter...

Thank you!
Debbie in S. Florida chapter 10 . 6/13/2010
Yes, here I am again this morning. Your story is very addicting! I continue to be awestruck at how thoroughly you inhabit Edward's mind. Your way with words is amazing, and you are filling in all of the missing pieces from the books, and doing so fabulously. I always wondered how he made it through. We know he eventually had decided he'd go back, before he heard of Bella's supposed death, but I thought he probably was tempted many times before that, though he was able to stop himself. You convey his torment so well, I feel it with him.

Of course, at the same time, I'm thinking of Bella and the pain she is in at the same time. I'm glad I know how this all ends, or I'd be a mess! Thanks again for writing this, and doing such an incredible job on it. I have read a couple of other attempts to cover this part of Edward's story, but none have come close to yours.

Debbie in S. Florida chapter 9 . 6/12/2010
I have to tell you, this story, even though I know what happens later, is keeping me riveted. I've been reading off and on all day, and can't wait to read more, though it's midnight now, so I guess it'll have to be tomorrow. I keep finding myself amazed at your gift for writing Edward's thoughts. You know exactly how to word things the way he'd think them, and that's impressive. I've read a lot of stories in his viewpoint, and yours is one of the best, if not the best, at that. He has a very specific, unique way of speaking and thinking, and you definitely have it down perfectly. It makes reading your story that much more entertaining, because there aren't any falst notes, nothing to make me stop and think, "Hey, he wouldn't have said that," or, "That's not he would've thought." It just flows.

One thing I thought was really cool was how you gave him sort of the same thing as Bella-having her words coming back to kind of haunt him. Very intersting and smart! With his perfect vampire memory, everything she ever said to him is right there in his mind, so it's a really cool addition to the story.

I also loved that I was able to look up the car you had him buy-it helped me imagine his race across Montana even better. Love those visuals! I'm just so looking forward to seeing where you take him. It must have been freeing to be able to make this part up as you go along, even though you know in general what he did and where he went. You've done a fabulous job.

Debbie in S. Florida chapter 7 . 6/12/2010
Ahhh, the chapter before the real heartache begins. I'm dreading it, but can't wait to read it. You've captured his torment so completely, and again, I wish even a bit of this could've been included in the original stories, as I think it only makes his actions more understandable. It was so easy to think he was wrong and hurt her unnecessarily after reading the books, but that was only because we didn't see all of this, all of his thoughts and reasoning for doing it. I'm just so glad you took this on. It's making me love the character of Edward even more, that he could have done what he did, all because he loved him more than life itself and believed there was no other way. Not many people would be so selfless.

Off to read more. By the way, thanks for the playlists. I've discovered some new music and that's always a good thing.

Debbie in S. Florida chapter 6 . 6/12/2010
I continue to be absolutely awed by your talent. Your way with words and the way you phrase Edward's thoughts is just unbelievably real. I finished this chapter with tears in my eyes and a heavy heart. I could feel his emotions myself, and I realized once again what I missed so much when I read the books-Edward's point of view is infinitely more touching and brutal and heartwrenching than Bella's. Yes, I identify with her, because she's a girl and we've all been through heartbreak before, but Edward's pov just tears at my soul. The depth of his love and the depth of his pain is palpable in your story, and it's something that I'll never stop wishing SM had included in her story. It gives the whole saga so much more emotion and depth.

So, once again, thank you from the bottom of my Edward-adoring heart that you've given him a voice throughout this part of the story. I'm going to read it again, I'm sure, when I reread New Moon next time. It's just unbelievably good. Will you ever attempt Eclipse from Edward's pov? I know you've done BD, though I haven't read it yet (definitely will), but I'm greedy and want the whole story from his unique viewpoint.

Debbie in S. Florida chapter 5 . 6/12/2010
This chapter was heartbreaking, but it definitely gave me something I'd been missing since I first read the books. It showed what the rest of the family went through when Edward made his decision. This was something that was never covered in the books, and it always nagged at me. It seemed like it was too easy for them to leave, if they loved her as much as they said they did. We all knew how difficult it was for Edward, but not for the rest of them. Your story is filling in all of those missing pieces, and for that, I thank you.

Again, my imagination holds no candle to your writing talent. It's so true, so right-on. You were able to convey all of their feelings so completely, and it's got my heart aching all over again. Thank God I know the ending to all of this, but it's still hard to go through again, especially now with Edward's pov. I really wish it could've been included in the books, but thank goodness we have access to talented writers like you. As far as I'm concerned, this is as good as anything SM could've written.

Debbie in S. Florida chapter 4 . 6/12/2010
I am just in awe of your talent in writing Edward's mind. There isn't a single false note. It's exactly what I imagined, and for that, I thank you. It's incredibly satisfying to finally see what happened when Bella was being stitched up. I've often imagined how Edward felt after seeing Jasper nearly kill Bella, and how he managed his own feelings and then Jasper's, too. And I was glad you included Jasper's point of view in there, because I always thought there wasn't enough explanation given for his actions. He didn't just lose control, it was the combination of his own thirst along with all of the others' overwhelming him that made it impossible for him to resist.

I am really impressed with this story, and am even more excited to see where you take it once Edward leaves. I've imagined those months many times, and I'm sure whatever you've written will be much better. Or worse? I'm sure that time was unending grief and misery for him. I'm off to read more.

Debbie in S. Florida chapter 3 . 6/11/2010
Wow, is all I can say. You really have a handle on Edward. You write his thoughts exactly as he'd think them. I am looking forward to the rest of this story, and hearing where in the heck Edward was all that time. Finally, I'll know! Thanks for tackling this. It couldn't have been easy.

2,567 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 .. Last Next »