Reviews for Shade
Raphiael chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
I'm going to preface this by saying I'm only 10 chapters or so into PoR, so this is more a stylistic review than anything else.

This was a really enjoyable read. I feel like you brought an interesting perspective to Ilyana's motivations, when she's too often played up as a comic relief character (omnomnom, Ilyana luffs foodz, that kind of thing). Making her focus on Ike is really interesting, and the little notes about her interactions with Soren help portray that without turning it into some kind of romantic rivalry or something. You managed to make it show more as pure caring for a person, rather than just wanting to get in his pants, which is a beautiful thing.

There are a few typos here and there, and occasionally the subjects are confusing, but stylistically, it's a solid piece. It's subtle enough that the reader can make their own decisions regarding the characters' feelings, but not so vague that the reader doesn't know what's going on.

Overall, a really good piece of work. I didn't care much for Ilyana at the outset of playing, but this perspective makes me like her more.
Ether-Cloud chapter 1 . 11/5/2008
*Read the reviews after reading the story*

ArmedLord is right, people seem to forget those events that happened with the other girls in the party. xD But, eh, nothing I can really do about that.

I'm not one for Ike/Ilyana, but I like how you portrayed them (and her) since the smaller time characters don't seem to get any justice done when it comes to stories.

Very nice job.
TrueSuffering chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
This was one of my favorite pairing that no one ever notices xD Really good story in my opinion and a very...VERY rare pairing indeed
akemi yuuko chapter 1 . 6/22/2008
mm, fire emblem crack.

what an interesting pairing! of all the weird pairings that pop into my head, IkexIlyana has never crossed my mind.

but I'm overjoyed. this was very cute. and I hope you consider writing more IkexIlyana in the future!

-miki yuuko
Kaz McDonell Miller chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
This was incredibly sweet. I especially adore the fact that you used her ability to title this wonderful fic. So sweet. ;_;!
KiKi Hayashi chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
An endearing fic. Very good for a first fic. I thought I was the only one that thought this pairing could work but I guess not. Now we just need to find some more supporters!
MidsummerMoonlight99 chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
It's so great to see Ike paired up with someone who isn't Soren or Titania. I look forward to reading more of your stories preferably crack. Illyana is one of the most under written characters in fanfiction and you portrayed her wonderfully.
Maxmagnus20019 chapter 1 . 5/23/2008
...very interesting.

I really liked the way you portrayed the relationship between those two. It's a different pairing, but one that could work under the circumstances you wrote.

Good job overall, a very entertaining fic. D
Armedlord chapter 1 . 5/23/2008
Whoops. Pressed the submit button by accident. Now where was I...Ah, nevermind, I was ranting on about pairings with Ike.

Anyways, just to repeat towards what I've said, this was a refreshing piece of work. I hope that your mind doesn't get blocked up in trying another fic or when you're trying to publish your book.
armedlord chapter 1 . 5/23/2008
I kind of like this story, although I thought that Ike leaves the continent forever from what I heard from a friend.

Oh wait, you said that you changed Canon. Whoops. Didn't see that. Silly me.

Anyways, it feels friggin rare for me to read pairings that have Ike with someone that's not the usual pairings of oddness (read: yaoi/gay/male pairing) or paired with Elincia, Lethe or Titania so I must say that I never thought of Ilyana with Ike before and it seems to me to make a bit of sense if one thinks about it.

Actually, a whole lot of the females (at least the ones I know of in FE9) barring Mist could have a reasonable chance of being paired up with Ike if you do think about it. Marcia (saved by Ike), Nephenee (rescued in prison), Jill (that moment after her father died), and Astrid (Surrounded by foes while on a ship) are the ones I think have a good chance to try to being near Ike.