Reviews for Zang Fu Theory
orangepotato chapter 27 . 1/28/2014
Alright! I've been reading this for a couple of days now and finally finished. I'm very sad to see that it hasn't been updated since 2012 (I'm going to check adultfanfic after I type this review and see if you continued it on there) but I had to leave a review about how absolutely fantastic it was.

You have such a way with the characters! It's so rare to find a fanfiction that is so incredibly detailed and has such great characterization! I've only read one other story on here with such perfect characterization.

Being honest, I wasn't sure what to think about your story at first because I'm more of a Sanzo/Gojyo fan, but I decided to read it anyways because it sounded interesting and you made their interactions so believable and so perfect that now I'm torn between Sanzo/Gojyo, Sanzo/Hakkai and Hakkai/Gojyo. Marvelous job! On top of that, I really enjoyed how you characterized Goku. Even though he wasn't included in the main pairings, you were able to add him effortlessly and really made all of their interactions flow together.

As for the plot, I found it to be original and interesting. I enjoyed the added Japanese you added into the story and the added research (and explanation) really helped create the atmosphere for the story. My only quibble is the use of words like Ikkou and -san, but it's a personal issue I set aside to read this story... and it was well worth it.

The smut scenes were awesome and well written, creating a very inticing atmosphere while keeping the characters themselves. I particularly enjoyed how you wrote about Sanzo's sexuality and his experiences. It's so very... him. And how you wrote Gojyo was nice as well. In the few fanfictions I've read with Gojyo acting sexually, it's never as detailed or as delicate as this. He's usually written at face value as a highly sexual being and seeing him in this caring capacity was a very nice change. And the way you wrote Hakkai's sexual experiences was excellent. Since I've never been a huge Hakkai shipper, I haven't read anyone else's version, but your's matched him so well... (I'll probably never be able to shut up about the perfect characterizations in this, just so you know. I've only mentioned it, what? A million times now?)

I absolutely loved this story and you did a fantastic job with all of it! I'm so sad, as stated previously, that it was never completed. If you ever want to continue on it, I'm here to read! Otherwise, I'd just like to know how you were planning on ending it if you want to reveal it... It's just that you did such a fantastic job with the characters and the story and the pace and-everything!-that I'm very curious about the ending.

...adding my comment to the last chapter, I'm happy that Sanzo and Gojyo finally discussed the issue of Hakkai and I'm (obviously) pleased with how they're choosing the handle the situation. Luckily, Sanzo seems to be reacting accordingly. Seems Gojyo's charm even works on him. Will this end with a threeway? It would certainly be one way for them all to handle their feelings...

It was a fabulous story! I very much enjoyed reading it and I hope you have the chance to update it... but if not, I'll just take the wonderful writing and be on my way.

Thanks for the fantastic story.
Orangepotato
Shadow Lily Potter chapter 27 . 1/17/2014
I fell in love with this story :)
Saiyuki is probably one of the funnest to play with. Thanks for this story!
It's been a while since this has been updated, but I think that this is amazing and that it was a terribly cruel place to stop this story…(I want to see a jealous Hakkai react!)
Good job with this!
alexandriabeatrix chapter 27 . 10/10/2013
I don't even know where to start. I was thrilled the moment I found this particular work of yours. I had read your fic, "Red Lantern District" and it has become one of my solid faves. Needless to say, I enjoyed all the little references you made in this fic that alluded to that (boot money, Gojyo having a talent for tying people up, references to Gojyo's birthday escapade with Hakkai). You got me to laugh (loudly, at that), to giggle, to grip my laptop in anticipation at what's/who's coming next (see what I did there?), to scream in frustration, to keep reading and rereading lines all over. It was such an amazing experience. It was such an amazing story. You beautifully wove an incredible plot (and plots within plots) in such accurate portrayals of the characters, I constantly had to stop reading for a sec just to marvel at how well you wrote this. I'm not trying to coax you with a long review to convince you to continue the story (although of course, please do!), but I give credit where it's due. And this particular work of fiction definitely deserves it. You combined all the elements of a good work of prose so masterfully: the characters acted as they would, you could really feel the characters' personalities in their respective POVs (I must say Gojyo's POV is my favorite! I'm pretty amazed at how he can string so many curses in a single sentence so artfully. Haha), the plot moved at a good pace and excitingly had a number of twists and turns, the grammar perfect (save maybe for a few typographical errors that I'm sure you simply overlooked). I especially loved the little bits of info you added that made the fic truly yours. I not enjoyed reading your fic, but I learned so much from it as well. A number of foreign words were added to my vocabulary, as well as some other tidbits about culture. I constantly found myself googling some italicized words you mentioned, and I do not regret doing so at all, for it has made me all the more wiser for it. Thank you very much for endowing us with this beautiful masterpiece and I hope you do continue it. It is an excellent story and you have now become my favorite FF author.

PS. And after making that formal-ish review, I will now revert to my fan girl self and say, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CONTINUE I LOVE YOU GO THANK YOU YAY. 3
Maxine101 chapter 27 . 1/26/2013
This was the first fan fiction I ever read several years ago on Adult Fan Fiction. I'm glad to see that you've picked it up again!
0ctober Rain chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
[Chapter 1]

Jesus-fucking-Christ on a hot-pink pogostick-wow. And I say again-WOW! I've been on a iSaiyuki/i kick lately and just recently began looking for some fanfic to get into. I've come across the usual: horrible "plot" with regurgitated phrases found a dime a dozen in fanfics across the interwebs, not-too-horrible little stories, stories with good plot but falling short of grammatical nirvana...

...and then there is you.

I found myself kicking my feet in glee while I read this first chapter last night. The depth of the characters, grammar so perfect that my inner grammar nazi purred with contentment, the iamazing/i descriptions... *happy sigh* Prepare thyself for epic comment:

iThe door eased open, and Sanzo shot the innkeeper an annoyed glare before shoving the gun back under the pillow./i - Ha! I don't know if the word choice was intentional or not, but when I read that sentence, I thought, "He shot the innkeeper anyway? Well, that's Sanzo for ya." Then I finished the sentenced and grinned at my mistake. Was "shot" intentional? Please tell me it was! :D

iThe blonde allowed himself a soft snort of amusement as he lit up./i - Minor thing: "blonde" is used for women, whereas "blond" without the 'e' is used for males (and sometimes for females). (I hope you don't mind nits? I highly, highly doubt I'll find many at all!)

I ilove/i the imagery you use throughout this. You are a very talented writer. I don't give out that compliment lightly :)

iHe visualized the chi resting in his center as a pool of light, and took a deep pull, channeling it up and through his arms.../i - I LOVE that whole section where you are describing this. So many people just say "He shot a chi-ball at teh demon!", but the way you describe the ifeel/i of it is amazing. It made me really miss my Tai Chi class. (My instructor quit teaching, else I'd still be there.)

*bounces in glee* The chanting! I loved it! I find Sanzo so ibeautiful/i when he does it, and you pretty much nailed it in this chapter. With each switch in point of view, I truly felt that I was getting a glimpse inside that character. You stayed true to their personalities and-is it even possible-improved upon them. I'm stupidly happy that there are so many more chapters to read after this one. I'm hooked!

iA flash, so quick he might [of] missed it if he blinked. Then Sanzo knew Hakkai wasn't alone in there./i - have

iHe definitely knew body language. He was being humped by a dragon./i - HAHAHAHAHAH! I laughed so hard while reading this on my lunch break. People in the park probably thought I was psychotic, sitting alone in my car and giggling like a loon!
ScarletTigress chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
Just so you know, I still check for the next chapter every three days or so...I can't wait to see where you take this!
RedPineapple27 chapter 27 . 12/25/2012
I adore this story, It's been my addiction for about a week now.
Will it be updated anytime soon?
ScarletTigress chapter 27 . 11/20/2012
If decides to be stupid and prudish, they will have lost one of the best works of fanfiction ever written (not to mention my own stories which would profoundly suck) and I fully intend to leave the site if they ban you in solidarity. Something this well written deserves to be shared, regardless of content, and if people have issues they need to just leave. Sex is not something to be hidden, its an integral part of adult life and M means MATURE! I am posting my review again here just in case you don't see it on adultfanfiction and also so that people here can be made aware how totally awesome this story is! So I don't know if it was my review that inspired you to finish this exquisite work or if someone else moved you to write again, but whoever it was I am undeniably grateful! To say that learning you were going to complete this tale of love and sacrifice and frustration made my day is an understatement. My week, my month, the rest of my year are far happier and more exciting than they would be otherwise and it comes at such a good time too, with final exams in medical school looming and the world of demons and priests far too distant for my liking. This is such a powerful story and very much in accord with both the characters and universe in which Saiyuki operates, unlike many of the other fiction written for this fandom. You understand these characters, perhaps even better than their creator, and you write not only about the actions of their lives but the undercurrents of emotion, motivation and psychology that move them to act. In the original Saiyuki, these characters act and move and fight and love, but we are never really privy to the subtle details of WHY. You take that sadly ignored aspect of the original and use it to create a representation that, at least I, find far more compelling! The way that you brought Sanzo and Gojyo together was no less than a stroke of sheer genius and, I might add, STILL believable despite how totally at odds these two characters are! Sanzo, as we all know, is nothing if not pragmatic and seeing a sexual alliance with Gojyo, at least initially, as the most direct solution to a problem really makes alot of sense. Gojyo, it seems, communicates better in bed than he does anywhere else, which gives me hope that Sanzo will come to understand him better, and regardless I think it might be fair to say that even our stodgy priest is not immune to the the carnal sensitivity of his charms. I was so worried about what might happen with Goku, that he might be badly hurt in all this, but a little bit of sensitive honesty and the situation is resolved! It is so refreshing to see characters actually be direct and talk about something personal without the author dragging on into maudlin and unnecessary angst, not unlike how it works in real life, despite what people think. Absolutely marvelous! I loved it (in case you couldn't tell) and I eagerly await the next installment! Thank you so much and hope to read more soon! And to anyone thinking of banning this book: This is what makes fanfiction worth my rather limited time.

Scarlet Tigress
Guest chapter 27 . 9/6/2012
Oh wow! What a cliffhanger O-o if it was up to me I wouldn't even hesitate. I mean who would pass up the chance to be with both sanzo and gojyo? I have to say it took me 2 days to read this. I found myself sneaking off every chance I got at work to read the next chapter lol. U have done an amazing job portraying all of the characters and put them all in this awkward situation. Can't wait to read the next chapter cause it looks like its going to be a hot one ;)
Hang Him Higher chapter 27 . 8/28/2012
OMGGGG I'm so excited to see the next part! I love Gojyo x Sanzo and I'm hoping for a threesome 3 Yes, please finish this!
Guest chapter 27 . 8/19/2012
Wow, great to see you post another chapter after all this time. You remain one the my favorite fan fiction writers, because I can still see the original characters from the anime/manga in your writing. Some people write the characters as they wish they were, and keep the same names. Goku's naivete, Sanzo's general annoyance, Hakkai's tightly leashed emotions, but need to keep them all together, and Gojyo's joking but forging ahead attitude. Enjoyed this chapter very much.
sub0chick chapter 27 . 8/17/2012
! omg can't believe you ended it there! *cries* but i'm glad the boys are finally working together to try fix their mutual problem with 'kai, and maybe figure out it isn't just aggravation they've been feeling towards each other all this time lol. keep up the great work, gonna go find you on aff too just in case :)
sub0chick chapter 20 . 8/17/2012
"Sanzo frowned, and he felt the throbbing spread from his temple to behind his eye. He already knew he wasn't going to like this plan." *Dies laughing* i can just see him getting a nervous tick from the stress. great story so far, and yes 'kai really is going to have to beat some sense into his two stubborn ass lovers. and poor goku, weirdest love, um, square? kai wants sanzo and gojyo, sanzo and gojyo want kai, goku wants gojyo but nobody wants goku *skips off to read mroe*
Mako-clb chapter 27 . 8/16/2012
Hurray, hurray, hurray! You have NO idea how happy I am that you've posted another chapter. This is one of my favorite stories, and I've been imagining for a long time how it would continue.
Gnos fo Ytinrete chapter 27 . 8/15/2012
Aww, Sanzo really likes Hakkai. Teehee. It's been so long I'd practically forgotten this story! I spent the evening rereading it. ;) Still as good as the first time. You put so much knowledge into your writings, the little details that really build up the characters like that holy cloth material (I've forgotten the word you used) and the tilting of the head to have Hakkai's glasses reflect the light as a kind of mask. Nice! I like how Sanzo tried dealing with Hakkai's insecurity by being the controlled one and Gojyo's method was to just trust him and force him to see that nothing bad will happen. So different!

Please update! Within the year, if you can manage it. ;P lol, if not I'll just spend another evening in the future rereading this to get caught up again. :D

Cya 'round,