Reviews for Everyday
Anyjen chapter 13 . 10/11/2008
The butterfly effect indeed Sometimes I've wondered if it isn't there that CLAMP got the idea for Yuuko all along.

I liked your choice of name for the Lady of the Spiders. She herself said that she had many names (not unlike Yuuko), and I never quite liked Jorougumo much.
Anyjen chapter 12 . 10/11/2008
That was beautiful. The subject of the loss of his memories is definitely a painful one, but it has been very nicely treated in here. I like how he finds the strenght to go on because of his connections when his memories fail to rise to the occasion.
Anyjen chapter 10 . 10/11/2008
That was an interesting view on her curse. I'm not entirely convinced by it, but it's interesting and plausible enough nonetheless.
Anyjen chapter 9 . 10/11/2008
I really liked the "he won't be selfish for himself, but is willing to be selfish for Watanuki" bit.
Anyjen chapter 8 . 10/11/2008
I also liked this analysis on beauty and the different ways in which different people perceive it. "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" indeed.
Anyjen chapter 7 . 10/11/2008
I really liked these drabbles. They really strike as Watanuki-like, in the way he fiercely denies the things he doesn't approve of, but those things aren't kind enough to do the same towards him.
Anyjen chapter 6 . 10/11/2008
That was bittersweet, but lovely all the same. Names are important, as we have been told once and again in the series, so Kohane's pain and happiness regarding the use (or lack of) of her name is perfectly understandable.
Anyjen chapter 5 . 10/11/2008
I liked your focus on Watanuki's thoughts this time. They rang very true, and made for a nice, if slightly agnsty, reading.
Anyjen chapter 3 . 10/11/2008
Ok, this drabble definitely has an icky factor, but it's still interesting in its own right.
Anyjen chapter 2 . 10/11/2008
Well, I find it that I can't really believe that bit of Yuuko "drinking less and less", but this drabble was adorable anyway. XD
Anyjen chapter 1 . 10/11/2008
That's an interesting perspective towards them. Although it's unlikely that Doumeki would have been estranged from his parents to receive training from Haruka (sinec his father is the once in charge of the temple and Buddhist temples work very much like a family bussiness in Japan), it's still likely that his parents might have felt a bit threatened by his powers, since his father doesn't have any. It would explain why his grandfather hid that book in the storehouse instead of openly leaving it to his son for keeping and to give Doumeki once he grew up.

Also, I liked your look on Yuuko and Himawari. Both are very complex characters, but you've managed to capture some of their essence in here.
Tuli-Susi chapter 13 . 9/13/2008
VERY interesting. I really hope to write a fic in which the spider Queen (that's what she is, right?) makes a wish of Yuuko, but only Watanuki can help and he ends up getting his eye back, Then I want to do really weird things, like let him see auras and stuff...

Anways, I loved this little series, they were all brilliant and thoughtful and philosophical. I my humble opinion, you're one of the best writers on this site. You know how to attach importanct to peopl, objects or actions without being overdramatic, cliched or unrealistic. And that, I have found, is the hardest things a writer can accomplish. Props to you!
Tuli-Susi chapter 12 . 9/13/2008
Loved it! and perfect ending... even though I see that there's another chapter. I wonder when we'll find out what happened to his memories... Quite a scary thought that their very existance vanished, like he started a new life when he stepped into Yuuko's shop and the old one is fading to obscurity...
Tuli-Susi chapter 11 . 9/13/2008
Well, the title is "Everday" and considering what these peolple go through Every other day, they aren't really too far off the mark.

I think this one is among the best too. Doumeki and Watanuki are deeply tied to the witch and I doubt Hitsuzen will allow them to go their seperate ways any time in the near future.
Tuli-Susi chapter 10 . 9/13/2008
I get it, and it makes sense. Yuuko is always talking about the balance of the Universe, and Himawari HAS to have an opposite out there somewhere, otherwise the Universe would try and right itself. I thought it was a unique idea, giving bad luck to unknown peole that benefited them in someway. If you've read tha manga, you should know about Watanuki's fall. Maybe the ties between he and Doumeki needed to be strengthened.
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »