Reviews for In Control
Sassybratt chapter 18 . 1/17/2016
I fell in love with this story years ago when you first posted it, and I recently found myself wanting to read it again. Words can not convey how well this story was written. The development of their relationship was perfect, and even with the sad ending, it made me feel whole, but sad that it was over. Their characterizations were spot on in the situations you placed them in, and I'm jealous how well you were able to weave the storyline and the dialogue, which I find are my weak points. I truly thank you for this piece. It was simply beautiful.
kokoronagomu chapter 19 . 12/28/2015
loved the fun and funny parts, the repartee... i'm really not a fan of the angst so i cried and sobbed tears and tears while reading the last two chapters (my brother in law died over the summer, he was sick for so so long and sad stories brings up similar losses to mind, it's somewhat cathartic to cry and not because my nose is stuffed up). i will go find something funny to read to counteract, i will also imagine that the months that sesshoumaru was busy before he came for inuyasha and souta was because he had used tessaiga on kagome to revive her but she has still been convalescing because her memories were missing patches... he will produce her when they arrive at his home (i can't resist the happy endings and will always imagine my own ;p).

an anime/manga recommendation:
if you've never seen/read/heard of 'rurouni kenshin' i would like to recommend it. they've made a trilogy of new live action movies that have been released internationally that are really great (a live action adaptations of an anime series done right) the dvds are out already... they've released a new OVA series and a brand new/different manga story that the movie is partially based on and recently they've started a back story for the main bad guy... hopefully they'll film the next two arcs of the original manga shortly since the trilogy did so great at the box office.

if you copy/paste the following codes in the youtube search engine you can see a few of the trailers :

90ubrsSxrKc -subbed trailer.

yaLOPVAuJs4 -raw character profile trailers.

A2o4PR2MctA -subbed first episode of the anime because they (the whole series is at youtube and elsewhere, i prefer watching subs but dubs can be found at youtube also at crunchyroll and at a few other places you can watch anime on line).

8qRFhP5PhMk -live action depiction of the dojo fight scene in the above episode (subbed, but it must be a fan sub as the subtitles aren't the same as the official movie subs).

bAgmfGZbVrQ -the first official trailer for the sequel movies (subbed)

NCei4Vm1ZP8 -the latest trailers (subbed)
4rx4mmN_JpE

the movies can be watched online... google 'gooddrama rurouni kenshin' and the movies' links are listed as follows:
Rurouni Kenshin (2012)
Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno (2014)
Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends (2014)

there are a few parallels in 'inuyasha' and 'rurouni kenshin'. in the author's note for 'Rain' written by Fenikkusuken (an inuyasha author) she said, "I've found another conflicted swordsman with an inner demon, exotically coloured long hair and a dead 'ex' issue. At least Kenshin's 'ex' stays dead, and Kaoru ends up more than just kissed!"

kenshin's even got some extraordinary strength, speed and skill (he could be youkai/hanyou, i've seen two stories where they have him as shippou's son. lol). ;-)
enjoy!

a pleasure,
ginny
Bloody White Roses chapter 19 . 3/12/2014
No ! No no no no no no no ! Kagome can't just die ! No ! I refuse to believe it ! I want an alternate ending ! Story was AMAZING UNTIL Koga just had to go and seriously fuck things up ! God I hate him ! I HATE him I hate Him I HATE Him ! God I'm crying ... This probably makes no sense but I'm an emotional mess right now ... Kikyo can't have him ! He belongs to Kagome . Always will . InuKag.
BWR .
aljane chapter 19 . 2/25/2014
this was so good. it made me cry but at least everything worked out in the end.
xxGUSHINESSxx chapter 2 . 8/10/2013
Well done this is very accurate for an AU. can't wait to read more!
Glon Morski chapter 19 . 8/19/2012
Man, that was one Hell of a story. I read it all in one go, I just couldn't stop :D

I loved all those little moments between Kagome and Inuyasha - Hell, what InuKag fan wouldn't? I also loved the way you portrayed Kikyo in this. Yes, she was kinda mean at the beginning, and a little hard to like, just like in canon, but as we got to know her (again, just like in canon), it got easier ti understand where she was coming from. you didn't make her evil. She was just another complex and mostly misunderstood soul with her own problems and her own way of dealing with them (or not). Thank you for that. It's hard to find good InuKag fics with Kikyo present in them that wouldn't bash her.

I must say, though, Koga's split personality was scary. he didn't seem to be the only mental one, though. Hakkaku seemed kinda instable, too, what with that obssessive loyalty to Koga he had, not to mention Naraku. I think that's pretty much the only thing I can 'complain' about - that Koga was kind of a bad guy. No, I'm not a big fan of his, but I don't hate him. Still, that's only a minor thing. After all, we needed a bad boyfriend and I really couldn't picture Kagome in fanatic love with, let's say, Naraku. So I think your choice was the best possible, ne ;)

I also loved the ending. I loced how you made it fittingly tragic and sad, and yet kind of happy, too. That ending is full of hope, after all, what with Sesshomaru finally finding Inuyasha and all (certainly took his sweet time, though). I have to say, however, that my vivid imagination sprang into action when Sesshomaru mentionned he was alive in the Feudal Era - I immediately thought of Tenseiga and what it could mean. But I'm glad nothing of the sort happened. It wouldn't have fit, anyway, that was just me being crazy for a little bit.

Overall - it's gotta be obvious by now. I really enjoyed it. I even dare say I loved this. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful story with us :]

Sincerely,

Glon Morski
TheNinjaKitty13 chapter 18 . 7/29/2012
Shouldn't one of the genres be tragedy?
TheNinjaKitty13 chapter 19 . 7/29/2012
I love this story, the only thing I'd change would be kagome not dying, she didn't deserve it…
carciinoGenetiicii2t chapter 19 . 6/13/2012
I will say, you completely tricked me with that ending. Yes I loved the fact that they got their nice and joyful [Not really] ending. I didn't cry, but it did not help the fact that I am listening to really sad piano music xD

Anyway good job!
15cera15 chapter 19 . 1/6/2012
I loved it, it made me cry TT
SkyxSky chapter 10 . 9/24/2011
My science teacher explained that an Elementary School teacher teaches because they love kids a junior high and high school teacher teach because they love that subject not kids
Bankotsux chapter 19 . 9/3/2011
o_o you made me cryyyy. :/ this was amazing. Though there were a few mistakes here and there it was utterly amazing and breathtaking. Thank you.

Ban.
AnimePunk23 chapter 19 . 5/22/2011
Aww. This was such a sad story. But in a good way! Kinda like a walk to remember: the endings sad but it was still filled with love and happiness. You did amazing!
Inukag19 chapter 19 . 3/27/2011
... -sobs- she - died... :( but I loved ur ending! Awesome story and I love how u made it like the changes of everyones personalities were because of kagome's determination and her own personality! Oh and I was kinda too lazy to log in since I'm on my iPod... :D hope u dont find it too annoying!
La Luna Negra chapter 19 . 2/6/2011
. . . . .

Somehow, you tricked me! I'm one of those readers who avoid sad/unresolved endings like the plauge, so I have Inuyasha-sensitive nose to evade them. I thought this was going to be a happy ending, even if it was realistic/sad/heartbreaking throughout the whole story.

I hate to admit, but I believe this is one of my favorites in Inuyasha Fandom. I could practically gush about it for 30min and still not run out of compliments and praises. You know what's fascinating, though? It's inspiring. It's one of those stories that touch a reader's heart and changes it. Congratulations. You managed to make me sob and cry 'unfair!' all the time, but allowed me the chance to hope for the future. Incredible (And Sesshomaru, Kami, I'm so happy he's there, but I really thought that he'd revive Kagome, ah well)

Thank you so much for your efforts.

Take care