Reviews for A Cruel Bastard
SilverNightfall chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
I love it, Gozaburo finaly knows what he's got coming to him! This story is an amaizing piece of work. You captured all of Gozabouro's crule twistedness, Seto's cold outter shell and ice in one beautifuly written moment. But what I like a the most is that you managed to show the younger, inoccent side of Seto that you never really saw in the TV show. I will restate what I said earlyer, this is a brilliant piece of writing.

Absolutly increadible job! :)
KM Seward chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
Wow... I was pretty much left speechless as I read this. There was so much depth, feeling, and understanding and curiosity that peeked my interests to the maximum. Very well done.
Chrissy Renee Pinto chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
loved the story! It is amazing. i do feel kind of sorry for Gozaburo. Thinking he had to do all these horrible things for Kaiba out of necessity. Anyway, keep up the good work.
Fissure chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
Of all your stories, I think this one has always been my favorite. There's just something about the unusual perspective that stands out in an awesome way.
EvilKnivel38x chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
very very weel written adn detailed. I always think it's good to get an insight in the mind of Gozaburo and see what makes him tick ;)
Average Prevailer chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
Great fic, thanks for sharing.
Fleet Sparrow chapter 1 . 8/11/2009
I like this story. Really. This must be the third or fourth time I've read it. I like your idea for this. I just wanted to give some (hopefully) helpful advice.

I suggest getting a spellchecker and Beta reader to catch your mistakes. Rereading this makes me see some spelling and grammar mistakes that, occasionally, detract from the story itself. (Mostly because "lavarotory" makes me think of Hell's telephone system.)

I also noticed the problem with formatting. I don't know where the problem was, but I would suggest putting it into some kind of word processing program to fix it.

So, that's my two cents. I really liked this and I hope you write more. It's one of my favorite Gozaburo stories.
electric sapphire chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
Wow- what a powerful piece of writing- you captured Gozaburo's twisted mind perfectly- I always imagined him to have treated Seto the way he did for 'the greater good'...

This was incredibly well-written- you made such a realistic (if not painfully sad) depiction of Seto's loss of innocence, and how he became what he did- you captured both of their thought processes perfectly.

Like I said- a really powerful piece. I haven't read a story that's had such an impact on me in a long time.

Congratulations on a really good job- you're quite a writer.
StormWolf91 chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
Even though we haven't seen the full extent of Gozaburo's cruelty in the series, I certainly assume that this was the kind of abuse he gave to Seto and Mokuba. Its quite horrifying to imagine, treating children this way, but it really happens.

Gozaburo is, without a doubt, how you and Kazuki Takahashi portrayed him, a cruel bastard...
HelenaHills chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
Muahahaha, man I really liked the end! So the cruel bastard realizes actually what's coming to him! Until then he was, in my opinion, too careless. God, he was really so cruel to Seto... Sometimes I wonder if this things were true (they might be, somewhere, unfortunately) how could Seto really cope. You'll tell me, he didn't have another choice. But the hardships he underwent were enough to make a person die. And he did, inside.

Your version rocks, as always! Thanks a million for the dedication! It really means a lot! Wonderful job!
dragonlady222 chapter 1 . 5/24/2008
Wonderful story. Gozaburo lost and he knows it.
Peach Wookiee chapter 1 . 5/24/2008
Wow...that was incredible. You captured the darkness and evil that was Gozaburo perfectly. And again, I realize just how much I actually hate a fictional character. Excellent work, as usual.